• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamek

Yo a.small part of me thought he'd do it and ashi would carry on his legacy. Like he's inspired everyone else and now it's up to them.

But man what an ep. I felt 13 again

LotusHD

Banned
Yo a.small part of me thought he'd do it and ashi would carry on his legacy. Like he's inspired everyone else and now it's up to them.

But man what an ep. I felt 13 again

As lovely as Ashi is, it would've been awful if they killed Jack now.

ffdgh

Actually semi disappointed the Guardian didn't make an appearance. Guess they're saving him for something big.
KuGsj.gif

Ogodei

This is beautiful, even if it's more evidence of the condensed timetable this season is running on. Bunch of twists and turns all in one, including some odd stuff like
Ashi's catsuit being grafted on.

(yes, i do love the leaf suit).

Scaramouche's misadventures at sea were a delightful comedic B-plot like something out of old Dexter's Lab (or Tartakovsky's earliest work on Two Stupid Dogs).

Surprised on the horseman's identity, i thought it was going to be a twist,
but instead it was played straight, though intense and dark in straight-up seppuku.

Next ep seems like it'll be Jack's inner journey to find the sword while Ashi solos an army of assassins.

RRockman

Banned
Did anyone catch the dog references to CN's older shows?

The one on the left I think was from 2 stupid dogs and the one on the right was from the Jetsons, but I dont know the middle one at all.

ffdgh

Did anyone catch the dog references to CN's older shows?

The one on the left I think was from 2 stupid dogs and the one on the right was from the Jetsons, but I dont know the middle one at all.

I want to say the middle one was the one with the small cat...or at least that's what came to mind first.

Acrylic7

That was fantastic.
If that doesn't make people who missed the original run want to see the show from the beginning then I dont know what will.

I need more Symbionic Titan after this...

zeemumu

I'm a little surprised that Princess Mira didn't show up, but I suppose that episode works better undisturbed.

Honestly I thought she was gonna show up in Da Samurai's tavern with all of the other people Jack defeated and talk about how he was an unstoppable force that wrecked their entire ambush before a drop of water hit the ground.

Actually semi disappointed the Guardian didn't make an appearance. Guess they're saving him for something big.
KuGsj.gif

He's gotta be the last person Jack meets before he gets back, back to the past since he's the one guarding the portal.

LMAO
weirdest cameos

I liked it. But definitely the weakest episode in structure so far. It felt like they had to combine a standard 'recap' episode with an actual episode to the point neither was done fairly effectively. The recap side was awkward because it involved quick flashes with a few words, and the actual plot side seemed to span multiple days but the plot felt awkward as it didn't really have a proper direction and made it seem all of these places and locations were interconnected in a neat path
leading to Jack

As to the samurai rider looks like I was
wrong
in what he was but not entirely I guess.
He wasn't an inner mental image representing his inner turmoil and desire for suicide, but nevertheless he was a ghost others that others could see. But his whole purpose was still to make Jack kill himself, so I was wrong in that regard

Now let us talk about Ashi. This episode isn't going to do the anti-shippers any favors in the sole sense that
they have her scrub her whole body, have a sexy bath scene, and switch outfits and hairstyles to this skimpy woodland elf outfit

And Jack's reaction
is a bit awkward but at least you could see it as him being friendly
. This discussion aside this kind of bothered me considering
he was about to kill himself, she says 'oh no the kids are fine' and he does a complete 180 as he cracks jokes. What the fuck

Can't make a Popeye movie so put him in your show.

COMPLETELY forgot about that, maybe it wasn't as weird then.

edit: on a weird side note I googled samurai jack and johnny bravo to find that image's origin, and apparently shippers are fucking weird and have been shipping them since the laundry day commercial lmao

caliph95

COMPLETELY forgot about that, maybe it wasn't as weird then.

edit: on a weird side note I googled samurai jack and johnny bravo to find that image's origin, and apparently shippers are fucking weird and have been shipping them since the laundry day commercial lmao
Yeah wouldn't recommend that

It probably started with that CN commercial back in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom