• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

mc4obmjf88ty.png

holy cats

Scaramouch lives

penis

naked little girl ashi

ashi's been wearing coal this whole time

the throw back to all the people he's helped

amazing

Edit: random Demongo

I usually don't like TV episodes that are mainly just callbacks to prior episodes, but I really enjoyed this one. I really didn't remember most of these until this episode and got a good laugh on many of them. The Demongo cameo was pretty funny. The end was predictable though.

Also... Ashi's been running around naked with body paint this whole time??!!

Crayolan

That episode was awesome. I felt it did a much better job of turning Ashi than the previous ones which were supposed to do that. Seeing her trying to show Jack the truth was a nice role reversal from the previous episodes where Jack was trying to convince her.

Cameos were great of course, even if I didn't remember every returning character.

Even with Adult Swim hosting it, I never would have thought I'd see a naked little girl get thrown into a pile of burning embers on Samurai Jack. The high priestess is one nasty piece of work!
At least Ashi's new redemption ensemble is really cute. lol

Dang man, I'm really loving season 5; in a just world all continuations and reboots would have this much love, care, and respect put into them. T.T
I mean...this particularly episode was basically a low-key clip show at some points, but was still very well-crafted and entertaining.
Great stuff man, props to Genndy and co.

I really liked this particular sequence.
Da Samurai's theme is so funky, I want a version without talking or sound effects.

Jintor

I'm wondering if they're working up to unmasking the high priestess or if it overall doesn't really matter. I'm leaving towards the latter

TheOGB

Banned
The marathon of the first four seasons was worth it for this one episode. It was 80% nostalgia callbacks and I loved every single bit of it. Not only was Ashi's search fun (and horrifying at her flashback D:) but the B-story was hilarious. It wasn't the most masterful episode this season in terms of structure and execution--hell, it might end up one of the weakest. But it was a goddamn treat for fans of the original run and I am 110% okay with that.

Interesting to note, the ghost rider is officially named 'The Omen' in the credits, and is played by Aaron LaPlante. And though I doubt he'll return in a major capacity after this episode, I get the feeling that was resolved too quickly to be truly dealt with.

edit: lmao

Ecotic

This show has been invigorating as hell. I never saw the original run and went into season 5 episode 1 completely cold because the ads for it looked like it was worth a view.

Genndy and the team just went into this saying "Alright guys, no fucking around. This is one last season where every moment is going to be amazing." There's been no filler, no padding out to milk for commercials, none of that bullshit. The visual style is off the charts. The music is phenomenal. The story is intellectually stimulating.

Sometimes you can go so long without seeing something good that you forget what it feels like when you do.

And Jack's reaction
is a bit awkward but at least you could see it as him being friendly
. This discussion aside this kind of bothered me considering
he was about to kill himself, she says 'oh no the kids are fine' and he does a complete 180 as he cracks jokes. What the fuck

Did you miss the fact that him thinking he killed kids is why he went with the samurai rider?

Veelk

Banned
Good episode overall, but incredibly....indulgent. Both because of all the callbacks and the gratuitous fan-service. I don't know if I'm just becoming an old man, but I'm just straight up not as tolerant of pointless titillation, and I feel I shouldn't be since I'm only 27. I'm fine if it were character based, but as it was, it just comes across as juvenile.

I'm also not a fan of Ashi's wording exactly. "You made me more way more than what I was." I'd have preferred "You let me be way more than I was." Minor difference, I know, but I'd rather she emphasized her gaining her own agency, not trading a cruel maker for a kind one.

But otherwise, good episode that finally has kicked Jack out of his rut.

Xe4

Banned
Good episode. I've never been a fan of nostslgia trips and callbacks, and this episode was no exeption. Though it certainly was the most fun episode by far.

I can't wait for the next episode!

wow really glad i watched all 4 seasons before this one! Would have missed a lot of things in this episode! Also lol at the jetson's dog, popeye and so on! Love this kind of dumb cameo!

Anyway.... ashi was naked the whole time uh?

VB5WwlZIt8eRy.gif

WOOOOOOOOW amazing episode. Probably my favourite of the new series, just to see the hope and impact that Jack had over the land.

Also bonus points: Demongo was probably my favourite villain aside from Aku, so his cameo was incredible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom