• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackham

Banned
I never expected jack to fight the guardian again. Even the guardian just told him it wasn't his time for him to go back yet- not that they would fight again in 50 years for jack to be victorious.

This season has been about, imo, jacks struggle with hopelessness and about him and aku basically giving up the fight against each other in everything but actually being at peace.

NEO0MJ

Just showed my friends the first three episodes last weekend. They all audibly gasped when Jack slit the girl's throat and I even think one put his hands on his mouth 😂

Too bad it's all downhill from here.

Except it wasn't. People keep throwing the guardians name out there but this season was always about the final showdown between Jack and Aku not Jack vs Guardian II.

The portal showed an aged Jack and then this season went 50 years into the future and had Jack with a beard. Instead, the point was to ultimately bring Jack back to normal in one episode and give him a love interest. Okay, fine. But you can't really deny that it seemed like the season was initially going to show that future in the portal - note that I didn't say that's what it was doing for sure, just that it looked like it was going that way in the first few episodes.

I would have appreciated if Genndy found better ways to get himself out of the corners he backed himself into, is all. This show didn't need any lazy retcons.

Just showed my friends the first three episodes last weekend. They all audibly gasped when Jack slit the girl's throat and I even think one put his hands on his mouth 😂

Too bad it's all downhill from here.
Those episodes were incredible. Shame what the following ones were like.

I'll admit tho, this last one (C) was pretty close in quality.

caliph95

What if he never fights aku? What if he just accepts the new world and aku reigns forever?
Fans next episode:
giphy.gif

Man, if only this had two more episodes.

I do feel like the show lost a hell of a lot of steam once Jack disappeared with the horseman. Those first episodes were incredible.

I have liked the rest, but it feels decidedly less epic/artsy than the tone they initially set up.

Tizoc

I feel like this season could've been been some 2-3 episodes longer, but we're finally there. Let's see how Gendy ends it.

TheOGB

Banned
The first three episodes of Season 5 were godlike, instantly some of the best episodes of the entire series.

The rest of this season has been about the standard quality of Samurai Jack, which is to say, still pretty darn good.

Manzanas

Neo Member
Well yeah. But then again they could have 1 more episode to flesh things out a bit. Was there ever a reason why they are doing just 10 episodes and not 12 or 15?
I'm sure they worked out the pacing just fine. Considering that there's plenty of scenes that drag on quite a bit, I'm sure they fit everything they wanted in 10 episodes.

Ecotic

It's been a magical run. It was such a memorable experience to have never seen an episode of Samurai Jack before and to watch the first episode of season 5 completely blind. That night I kept watching the rerun they had on their website's feed over and over thinking "What the hell is this, why is it so good, and why have I missed out on it?"

Which is odd since I loved the original The Clone Wars cartoon.

After what happened last episode, I have a sneaking suspicion that Ashi will be the one to deal the killing blow to Aku. I can also imagine lots of people being pissed if this were the case, but still...

PixelatedBookake

I hope the ending will be satisfying. I got a feeling it's gonna leave much to be desired considering how much the series finale of Samurai Jack has to live up to expectations.

After what happened last episode, I have a sneaking suspicion that Ashi will be the one to deal the killing blow to Aku. I can also imagine lots of people being pissed if this were the case, but still...

Damn, I don't know how I'd feel about this.

All the shit Aku has put Jack through, 5 seasons of building up to their conflict, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be disappointed.

I'd be ok with that if Jack gets deliver the final blow to Aku in the past.
Please let Jack get back to the past.

I'm just glad I'm getting closure I'm not walking around with 'the book of love' playing in the background as I have flashbacks of me and Jack growing up and falling in love with each other, having kids, and growing old together as we see our little grand children playing around.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I should be feeling more emotional about this given how long the wait was but I just don't think the build up to the final encounter was handled all that well, mainly because we didn't really have a build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom