• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live – Season 40 |OT| 1975-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
who the fuck are these little SNL kids?

Bgamer90

Banned
Writing staff apparently.

pumped_kid.gif

Downhome

You might help your case if you used her name: Aidy.

And I have never been a huge fan of hers either, but she is hardly the worst cast member.

I didn't even know her name.

I haven't watched it but off and on over the last few years. I try every year, but it just kills me a little bit more with each passing year. I root for this show so hard, I want it to be great so badly, and I just hate where it's at. I like a few of the current cast members, but usually when I see the show it just feels weird to me. It comes across to me like a bunch of amateurs pretending to do a SNL show, not like the cream of the crop pros putting together a "real" SNL.

Downhome

Ok, who is this guy on Weekend Update with the whole "would ya go down on a guy game"? This guy, yeah, I like this guy a lot.

This is my first time seeing The Weekend's hair in HD. Is that a dreadlock mullet? What in the hell?

He sounds great on this track though. Overall, the music sounded weird. I think the instruments were too loud or something.

Downhome

My wife and I were just talking about Keenan and how it feels like he has been around forever and we looked it up. My God, I can't believe he has been on the show since 2003, insane. He's gonna break the record pretty soon. The stats on him from Wikipedia are just crazy...

Thompson returned to sketch comedy when he joined the cast of Saturday Night Live in 2003, becoming the first SNL cast member to be born after SNL's premiere in 1975 and the first SNL cast member to have been a cast member on children's comedy shows (the Nickelodeon sketch show All That and the Nickelodeon sitcom Kenan and Kel). Kel Mitchell, his comedy partner and close friend, also auditioned to be on SNL, but only Thompson was hired. Thompson was a featured player until 2005 (spanning the 29th and 30th seasons), and was promoted to repertory player at the beginning of season 31 (the 2005-2006 season).

Thompson has been a cast member on SNL for eleven seasons, breaking the record for the longest serving African-American cast member previously held by Tim Meadows, who stayed on the show for ten seasons. Thompson is now the senior cast member on the show, after Fred Armisen and Seth Meyers left the show. He is also the third-oldest current cast member after Michael Patrick O'Brien (born 1976) and Bobby Moynihan (born 1977).[5] Thompson also holds the record for most celebrity impressions performed on the show, performing 108, beating Darrell Hammond's previous record of 107.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That was bad. I always have high (sort of) expectations for the premiere because it's the first new episode in a while, as if the writers will have all this great material saved up from over the summer... but no, it never seems to go that way.

That was really...bad. The only laugh out loud moments I had were when Cecily was back on WU as the Girl You Wish You Hadn't Talked To and when the new kid (Pete?) did his monologue. Such a damned shame they wasted Chris Pratt like that.

kirblar

Aidy has always been terrible.

Che really needs to work on his delivery- his phrasing is really odd and neither he nor Jost can really sell the punchlines. Well, Jost can, but you want to smack him when he does it.

Davidson is tremendous, no wonder he got on at such a young age.

typical wack episode. that young dude is pretty hilarious though. everything he was involved in was funny and also i liked the 90s skit.

gabbo

That was the same set they used for Joey and Chandler's apartment on Friends wasn't it?

I couldn't help but expect a duck and chicken to wander in.
Liked that sketch, it felt like Mooney got to write for MustSeeTV.

Not bad episode overall, new guy was awesome, Che needs some more time to work it out (those he finished strong). We'll see how it goes.

Damn, that was rough. Thought the toy skit was alright and, as always, loved the Good Neighbor stuff. As much as I want Kyle Mooney to be the next big thing, he doesn't have that mass appeal.

Ninhead

The writing for WU was better than it had been in quite a while, but Colin Jost couldn't tell a joke well if his career depended on it. Because apparently, it doesn't. Dude sucks. Davidson killed it, though. Seemed really natural up there. And more Leslie Jones is always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom