• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live – Season 40 |OT| 1975-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

I don't know much about Ant-Man, but I don't think that's why he's called Ant-Man. At least not the whole reason. I assumed it was because he could shrink.

That said, Marvel's Star Wars got me.

Wow - looking at that EW list of cast members since the beginning made me realize that I haven't actively watched this show in 10 years. I've just seen the odd sketch here and there.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Pratt disappointed me. Didn't do much with the sketches he was given.

The anaconda music video thing was disappointing when I realized they were only gonna do one song each

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This episode was dreadful. Pratt was nervous and botched his lines, delivery was off, and the writing stunk. Not a good sign for the first ep after the summer. Usually they've got good stuff in the hopper to open the season. Not this year, I guess.

I tried to watch the whole things, but it was just too painful. Many of the cast flubbed their lines, were blatantly just reading off cue cars (worse than usual) and the skits were just not funny. Too bad, but I just don't see any reason to watch anymore.

Complistic

Was an odd episode. A couple skits were straight up, hilarious. The best I've seen in a while. But most of the others were just down right bad.

Weekend update was the worst I can ever remember. The new guy makes Jost look charismatic. Maybe he was just nervous though, who knows.

Holy shit this is easily one of the worst episodes I've seen in a long time. Cast members and Pratt fucking up left and right and terribly lame weekend update. The guy opposite Jost was like a wet washcloth.

Rembrandt

Banned
Watched Pete's part and cool to see he moved up from Wild 'n Out. Wonder if that means we'll see more people head to his show.

I just finished watching it and it was not good. I love Chris Pratt and all but he wasn't given much to work with. I only found the He-man sketch amusing.

kingocfs

Lol they kicked strong off update but kept jost? Smh

He's the head writer, and the head writer has been on Weekend Update since like 2000.

I'm not ready to blame him for the dip in quality yet since they lost a lot of great cast members the last few years, but it's not looking great with him at the helm.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Less suck than last week? Maybe?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Hammond is fucking so bland-sounding.

vatstep

Yeah, it would sound better.

On the flip side though, I assume he decided not to do it out of respect.
Of course, but there's no reason he can't have a style of his own and not sound so sleep-inducing.

vatstep

It must have taken some extreme restraint to not have her do a musical monologue. I was pleasantly surprised.

vatstep

Sarah seems to be really bad at reading cue cards.

tumblr_ncycdbDM491rdzuduo2_500.gif

tumblr_ncycdbDM491rdzuduo4_500.gif

vatstep

"If convicted, he could face up to... ebola."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom