• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live – Season 40 |OT| 1975-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Carrey and Chris Rock lined up to host. Iggy Azalea and Prince are the musical guests, respectively:

Jim Carrey will host SNL for the third time on Oct. 25. The Golden Globe Award-winning actor will reprise his iconic role as Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber To, in theaters Nov. 14.

Iggy Azalea will make her SNL musical guest debut. Azalea's debut album, "The New Classic," will be re-released and titled "Re-Classified" on Nov. 24 and will include six new songs.

Former SNL cast member Chris Rock returns to Studio 8H after 18 years on Nov. 1. Rock directed, wrote and stars in the feature film Top Five, a comedy which will open in limited release on Dec. 5 and wide release on Dec. 12.

Seven-time Grammy Award-winning music icon, Prince, will make his third appearance as musical guest. Prince released two highly-prolific LP's, "Art Official Age" and "Plectrumelectrum" on Sept. 30. Both albums bowed in at number one on the Billboard R&B and Rock Chart, respectively.

Sweet. I may not be interested in Dumb and Dumber 2, but the release of that movie means more appearances for Jim Carrey. Glad he chose hosting SNL as one of them.

Bgamer90

Banned
Crossing my fingers for Jim Carrey to do some In Living Color characters and for Chris Rock to do "Cheap Pete" but I highly doubt they will.

I'd actually really like for them to try Leslie Jones instead of Jost at the anchor desk.

I actually like Jost. Che is the one that sort of strikes me as green and a little off sometimes on his delivery.

Just got caught up on the last episode and it was not pretty. Just not good material at all. The funniest part was Stefan cracking up at Dan Cortese. I mean, I like Bill Hader but bringing him (and Kristin Wiig) back so soon just seemed desperate. It just really highlighted how they seem to be intent on recycling the same material over and over. The Celebrity game show thing was basically Celebrity Jeapordy redux, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but at least do something fresh with it. The whole "celebrities are dumb" thing is tired. Every sketch seems to rely on a very basic, one-note "here's the joke. here's us repeating it 3 times" type of structure. I don't know if it's just that the writing staff is lazy/bad, or if it's the higher ups that won't let them open up, but the whole show just needs a shot in the arm badly.

I actually like Jost. Che is the one that sort of strikes me as green and a little off sometimes on his delivery.

Just got caught up on the last episode and it was not pretty. Just not good material at all. The funniest part was Stefan cracking up at Dan Cortese. I mean, I like Bill Hader but bringing him (and Kristin Wiig) back so soon just seemed desperate. It just really highlighted how they seem to be intent on recycling the same material over and over. The Celebrity game show thing was basically Celebrity Jeapordy redux, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but at least do something fresh with it. The whole "celebrities are dumb" thing is tired. I don't know if it's just that the writing staff is lazy/bad, or if it's the higher ups that won't let them open up, but the whole show just needs a shot in the arm badly.

I would have liked something different with Weekend Update. Che isn't good behind the desk. But he was spot on as a Daily Show correspondent. Why not keep Jost and Cecily behind the desk and have Che do remotes (similar to what Al Franken used to do in the day...look it up, kids!)

Fatalah

So what happened to last week's episode? Did the host get sick or something? They aired a repeat instead of shooting a new episode.

AkuMifune

Banned
It's Jim Carrey this week right? Man, that could be really good or just a disaster. Much like Jim Carrey at this point.

Not looking forward to Iggy though. I'm with Snoop.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't remember much about the last time Carrey hosted (aside from the Black Swan skit). Here's hoping for a decent show.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What the hell was the point/relevance of that monologue number? So random and not at all funny.

Bgamer90

Banned
"When I'm done rolling up this booger, should I toss it out the window?"

Hahaha -- really hate those Lincoln car commercials.

What the hell was the point/relevance of that monologue number? So random and not at all funny.

Yeah that was really stupid.

vatstep

The song itself notwithstanding, that was a fucking horrible "performance".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom