• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live – Season 40 |OT| 1975-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I have no idea what just happened, I just know that I love Kate McKinnon more than ever

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Hahaha, that voice.

Definitely the best episode of the season so far, but I guess that's not saying much.

Lum1n3s

After seeing someone make a thread about SNL and Jim Carrey being there I decided to watch it after a long year hiatus (coming from 90's SNL.) That was a good episode actually, I enjoyed it even if I didn't recognize anyone in the cast except Kenan. Have previous seasons/episodes been this good or did Jim Carrey carry this episode?

vatstep

Why doesn't NBC run old episodes of SNL at 2 am anymore?
I don't remember the last time they did that, but throughout this season (and next summer as well) they're airing an episode from every season at 10pm on Saturdays.

Tonight's was Tom Hanks from the 15th season.

kirblar

After seeing someone make a thread about SNL and Jim Carrey being there I decided to watch it after a long year hiatus (coming from 90's SNL.) That was a good episode actually, I enjoyed it even if I didn't recognize anyone in the cast except Kenan. Have previous seasons/episodes been this good or did Jim Carrey carry this episode?
He carried the episode. They don't have a Bill Hader-type performer who can carry the show when the host sucks right now.

gabbo

His last appearance from a couple years back was fantastic. This one was also really good, and it`s good to see Weekend Update getting it together.

I feel like that the cast is having more trouble with their lines off the cue cards than previous years. It's very distracting.
After watching a few vintage SNLs, the older casts made it seem more natural somehow. It's very obvious quite often that they're reading off cards in the current seasons.

vatstep

Remember when they used to try and cleverly fit the "Live from New York..." line into the cold open more often than not? I always loved that. Now they just say it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is Rock really making light of the Boston Marathon bombing here? Seems kind of classless.

vatstep

Is Rock really making fun of the Boston Marathon bombing here? Seems kind of classless.
Yeah, that really fell flat. As a Bostonian, I'm not offended, it was just incredibly dumb.

I love it when SNL musical performances aren't over-produced.
Prince is a damn legend.

Edit: Holy shit. This guitar solo.
Fuck.

B1aI1byCYAAqN43.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom