• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live – Season 40 |OT| 1975-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the name of the woman who sings with him at the beginning? I've never seen her before, she was great too.

I BELIEVE, looking at my liner notes for Art Official Age, her name is Paloma Ayana, but the notes don't make it clear who did what so I can't say 100%.

Prince released two albums on the same day last month, the other was Plectrum Electrum. If the performance inspired anyone to buy one of the albums, my personal pick is for Plectrum Electrum. Lots of great guitar infused funk-rock, feels raw and full of energy.

Prince's set was like three songs in one. After the girl sang with him in the beginning, did anyone else hear some Led Zeppelin in there because I was reminded of that. Overall, I liked the episode but I'm an SNL fan for the most part.

It's going to be impossible to top Prince's performance this season. He was that good. Now I want to see him live.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
EP was one of the worst ever. Barely registered a giggle. Did Rock refuse to rehearse or was everyone hung over from Halloween? The card reading was just embarrassing.

drspeedy

Prince's set was like three songs in one. After the girl sang with him in the beginning, did anyone else hear some Led Zeppelin in there because I was reminded of that. Overall, I liked the episode but I'm an SNL fan for the most part.

It was The Ocean, mixed with a bit of Living Living Maid in there. Straight up Zep!

I guess Che's debut was no fluke, he can't read lines without botching them half the time. Glad he wasn't suspended for his tweets, but he should be suspended for being a poor host.

And SNL is off this week, and frankly I'm not yearning for a new episode after the Chris Rock ep.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
New episode, y'all.

I didn't even realize Woody was in The Hunger Games

Diablos

This show is getting embarrasingly bad.

Chris Rock is funny... but not on SNL. Because the sketches suck.

Colin Jost is like a younger, prettier Seth Meyers btw. Definitely talks like him too. It is blatantly obvious they intended for this and it annoys me.

Bgamer90

Banned
Something I just thought of: Could that earlier sketch have been made via SNL's experience before/after adding Black female cast members this year?

Bgamer90

Banned
I like the song but I understand some of the complaints; It's like the song was specifically made with the intention of it getting sold to networks to play during NBA broadcasts (haha).

Eh. Not feeling this performance.
How has this show been so far? Any good?

Most consistent episode this season; No really bad sketches. Pretty good (at least so far).

Glad Leslie had that after that cue card fuck up made her look bad during the last episode.

This was the best weekend update with the new hosts. I feel like the new cast is finally clicking.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Remember the crack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom