• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live: Season 41 |OT| Starring the Real Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The show is starting late and no one gives a shit, I guess

AGITΩ

For me, its a local church service...along with advertising for the pastors book...welp lemme drink more bacardi 151 to muscle through this. ..

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"Recorded earlier tonight"

I haven't watched SNL in about 4 years, is it no longer live?

No song or dance? Driver is a talentless hack!

Funniest bit of the night is Driver joking on the Cardinals just before the start of OT.

TheMan

lol, kylo is kind of goofy looking when he's not dressed as a sith

this undercover star wars boss sketch is pretty funny

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This football skit is killing me for some reason

They're not dumb. She's their next big thing.
She's been around for a while, not gonna trash her or anything, but if she was gonna "shine" she would've by now, I hate to use the term "middle of the road" but that's where I see her. Having said this, she may not play the funniest of characters, but she is a good actress and very versatile in many different roles.

I find Kate McKinnon a lot more funny than her, yet I can see how Kate would be limited to more goofy and over the top characters.

vatstep

Liev Schreiber :lol

vatstep

"It has to be hard"

Very good episode

Quick

Banned
Watched last night's episode. Not bad at all. I'm glad they kept the Star Wars references to somewhat of a minimum - monologue and sketch.

Musical guest was okay. Admittedly, I've never heard of them before.

Undercover Boss and America's Funniest Cats were the best ones, but none of the sketches were particularly terrible. Weakest of them all was probably the NFL broadcast sketch, but it's not the worst sketch by any means.

Adam Driver has this distinctly deep voice that hearing him speak with a higher-pitched tone for a bunch of his sketches were hilarious.

Cecily Strong continues to be SNL bae.

Any word about tonight?

I'm half expected it to be cancelled but I guess if everyone is there they can still roll something out.

Have they ever cancelled? I'm guessing everyone stuck close to the studio. I'd be shocked if there were no show.

I don't think they have. At this point I doubt they will either.

But will they have an audience? That's probably going to be the biggest factor.

People will show up through just about anything to be in that audience. If they can't, I wonder if there is enough staff in the building just to be the audience.

A quick search seems to suggest there will be no cancellation.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Shit she's fucking uncanny at this
I have a hard time believing that's Tina

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
They could have taken the easy route here and drag out Kate McKinnon in a Sarah Palin outfit. It's a good thing Tina Fey was willing to do this again.

I still can't get over Rousey as host, it should have been Holm on the account of, you know, being the goddamn UFC women's bantamweight champion. If she has to cave Rousey's face in again for some recognition, so be it.

This sketch was pretty inevitable. Too good of an opportunity. Blame Sarah Palin.

That's my point. These guys are always gonna say stupid stuff, and we get it lets make fun of it. But for me personally it has gotten tiring. I just think shows like Archer / Always Sunny/ South Park/ Brooklyn 99, heck even Modern Family seem more creative week in and week out.

Wow Rousey is talking fast

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
They aren't bringing in Joe Rogan for this sketch? Isn't he a comedian, or is he probably funnier than most of the cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom