• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live: Season 41 |OT| Starring the Real Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week was super solid, nice to see after last week's comedic travesty. only one scratch sketch (Aron's List) with the remainder being decent to good (Black Jeopardy, Young Ben Carson, The Bureau, Uber for Jen).
Well, except for First Got Horny 2 U, which I love that somebody was offended at because it was the only great sketch of the night. so fucking funny, especially Bayer with the Menendez bros and her looking up at the shower head.

Plus the Jost/Che update has really found itself this season. It isn't even that it's always the funniest joke by joke, but they have a really distinct tone and chemistry that I love. great characters on it this week. Bruce!

Povlatsky/Chandling 2016

big ander

Nice! the full upcoming list:
11/21: Matthew McConaughey/Adele
12/5: Ryan Gosling/Leon Bridges
12/12: Chris Hemsworth/Chance the Rapper
12/19: Tina Fey & Amy Poehler/Bruce Springsteen

McConaughey's second time and first time hosing post-McConaissance will hopefully be interesting enough. Gosling is...eh. We'll see. Was Hemsworth's last hosting gig any good? Did not watch, seems a weird choice for a return host personally. Fey and Poehler guaranteed to kill, of course.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hoping to see Fetty Wap as musical guest this season.

giphy.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is anyone even watching tonight?

Downhome

Is anyone even watching tonight?

I am.

It's not good.

I find it odd how SNL has so much to work with in terms of Donald Trump, but they do so little with it. If this was a number of years ago much of the show would be full of it, and at least one HUGE skit would be based around it. What is the deal there? I say that as someone who is even a Republican. I just don't understand why they aren't doing more with the entire thing. It just seems so weird to me.

IronRinn

I'm an old man and fell asleep on the couch and missed this entire episode except for the last two "Should I Chime In" and the town hall meeting. The former I liked, the latter had its moments.

Big Papi had me dying, but I still miss Cecily too much from weekend update to give Yost/Che any credit.

Mien kindle kinda funny tho.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Weekend Update was very good. I loved Vanessa Bayer's new character.

IronRinn

Boy, that was rough. I liked the Alien Abduction sketch (only because they couldn't keep it together) and Santa Baby. Rest of it was pretty bad.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought this was the best SNL in awhile. I was a little apprehensive going into it because I don't expect comedy from Gosling, but he seemed to be enjoying himself. The Santa Baby sketch had me dying.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
They must be desperate if they're bringing back Will Ferrell for the cold open.

Will he be doing a Celebrity Jeopardy skit?

Solid opening. Michael Che with the second slap on Colin killed my wife and I.

And that alien abduction skit from last week is over 10 mil views on SNL YouTube page, far surpassing the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom