• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 42 |OT| Kenan's Still Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I loved that they just let Dave do stand-up for the monologue.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This was my favorite part, it felt like an episode of The Chappelle Show.

Yeah, that definitely seemed like they were taking cues from his show.

I've also liked the meta sketches they've been doing. Last week with the Why is Benedict Cumberbatch Hot? And then this week with Inside SNL. When that faux "Jerry's Place" sketch started I was thinking that was gonna be the clunker of the night and then it broke and became great

neptunes

Watching the last Tribe performance, I totally forgot that Q-Tip jump started Busta's career.

Was he really known before his Scenario verse?

Dave Chappelle's daughter was really cute haha. Kid skit was nice

Just on the strength of the monologue and the skit right after alone this is the best SNL I've seen in a while. Plenty of the show landed flat but that chappelle show nostalgia was such a good feeling

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, saw the whole thing and while there were some good sketches, a lot of em fell flat. The breastmilk one, the bar skit, Jheri's place, all of them were horrible.

Maybe Dave didn't write for those?

Grizzlyjin

Kristen Wiig is hosting tonight. Love it when former cast members come back, they usually nail it. I'm hoping the Target Lady and Penelope characters make an appearance.

Wag

Trump opening too close to the truth to be funny. The Trump Administration will make it's own jokes.

NimbusD

Former cast member hostings are usually just an excuse to throw everyone in there, they're usually super fun.

Holy shit this bubble sketch is on point.

Would have been great had they ended it with a rural bubble too.

Grizzlyjin

Finally got around to watching the Kristen Wiig episode. Kinda meh. She's great since she can put in the work in a bunch of sketches without trouble but none of the material really did anything for me. A lot of them were almost there, like the QVC ladies. But nothing landed for me.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Finally got around to watching the Kristen Wiig episode. Kinda meh. She's great since she can put in the work in a bunch of sketches without trouble but none of the material really did anything for me. A lot of them were almost there, like the QVC ladies. But nothing landed for me.

Same for me. WU was my favorite. Liked the commentary of America being in a post-fact world for the opening song though.

Yeah, Wiig is a strange duck. She's clearly great at doing characters and a very funny person, but for some reason they never resonate with me.

Cold open was very surface level. They need to pick something specific and find a clever way to satirize it every week instead of trying to cast a wide net like they did this week and last week. Otherwise, it's just them going "Isn't this ridiculous?"

Grizzlyjin

Cold open was very surface level. They need to pick something specific and find a clever way to satirize it every week instead of trying to cast a wide net like they did this week and last week. Otherwise, it's just them going "Isn't this ridiculous?"

Yeah, those type of jokes aren't going to land. The real life situations are so ridiculous that there isn't room to heighten them. I think they're going to stumble for awhile until they figure out what direction to take this.

That's probably why we're going to get a lot of political sketches with Kellyanne. She's normal comparatively, so you can build the humor off how ridiculous everything around her is. Play her as the "straight man" that's just doing her job.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Remember when Kate McKinnon wasn't on every cold open? Peppridge Farm remembers.

Can we get to Cena already?
I'll take Walter White.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bryan Fucking Cranston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom