• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 42 |OT| Kenan's Still Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't have all of today's Trump material ready to go for tonight.

Not sure exactly when they film the opening sequence, but I doubt they could have had time to work with the crowd-size stuff or the marches.

Next week should be better.

Kyzer

Banned
they spend all week putting this show together, theres no way they could have put together a skit on what just happened

WatTsu

They've been experimenting with making Weekend Update the more "up-to-the-minute" part of the show, so I'd expect some jokes about the press conference there.

Forgive my ignorance, but why would reciting a public figure's words be considered libelous?

It would be sketchy, yes, but it is publicly damaging someone's reputation, and it is Trump we're talking about here. Yeah, it's a comedy show, but the difference between their sketches and this is that they would be making fun of someone's actual words in front of an audience for entertainment. They would be reframing someone's actual words within their specific narrative, and that could be argued as being false representation.

So, again, while it would be super sketchy, you could make a case for it. Now, maybe it would fall under slander more, I'm not that up to speed on the law.

Gorillaz

Aziz funny enough fits in with SNL with his very hot and cold comedy. It's almost the hottest coldest match i've ever seen

just come out with master of none season 2 already

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So instead of four years of a horribly unfunny Hillary Clinton impersonation from McKinnon, she's going to do four years of a horribly unfunny Kellyanne Conway impersonation.

Can we have a do over of the election?

mjp2417

Banned
It would be sketchy, yes, but it is publicly damaging someone's reputation, and it is Trump we're talking about here. Yeah, it's a comedy show, but the difference between their sketches and this is that they would be making fun of someone's actual words in front of an audience for entertainment. They would be reframing someone's actual words within their narrative.

So, again, while it would be super sketchy, you could make a case for it.

That's what I figured. Is there notable precedent for a successful suit of this type with a public figure?

Alucard

Banned
I actually loved the Ansari monologue.

Bookworm skit and interrogation skits were also pretty good IMO. Didn't like the Conway musical at all. No idea what they were expecting there.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Have people not heard music? I can't imagine another scenario in which a hack like that is given a stage.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Holy shit, had no idea the Lone Ranger was based on an actual person and he was black.

http://politicalblindspot.com/the-r...awman-who-lived-with-native-american-indians/
483837_170191066464627_2105234335_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom