• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 42 |OT| Kenan's Still Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That episode was rough. Weekend Update was good, at least.

Downhome

That last bit about Obama was a random love letter that was totally out of place on a comedy show. They couldn't be any more blatant at all and they deserve the negative things said about them when it comes to this sort of thing. I don't care who they, or anyone else supports, but they shouldn't make it so overtly obvious where they stand on their comedy show. I'm actually shocked they did that, I just can't believe it.

They could have gone out there singing about anyone I support and I'd think the same exact thing. Just shameless, pure shameless, ugh.

Wag

That last bit about Obama was a random love letter that was totally out of place on a comedy show. They couldn't be any more blatant at all and they deserve the negative things said about them when it comes to this sort of thing. I don't care who they, or anyone else supports, but they shouldn't make it so overtly obvious where they stand on their comedy show. I'm actually shocked they did that, I just can't believe it.

They could have gone out there singing about anyone I support and I'd think the same exact thing. Just shameless, pure shameless, ugh.

And yet they had Trump host the show.

Tripon

Showing that on SNL, you probably should try to write as much as possible if you're also a performer. Of the three new cast members, Mikey Day is also part of the writing staff. Which helps explain why he's been featured more in this season sketches.

Much better episode this week. Lots of fantastically written stuff. (And that last thing, um, ok)

Highlights were La La Under Arrest and that fuckin Owen Wilson impression

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Singing 'Too Sir With Love' in front of a giant Obama picture might be the funniest thing SNL has done in years - but I don't think they were in on the joke.

Is the DNC sponsoring these somber musical numbers this season?

big ander

I thought that was a really funny episode, not a single out-and-out dud. Good monologue, refreshing to not have a Baldwin open, Beat the Bookworm was worth the buildup for the run of Aziz getting answers wrong, Moynihan was hilarious as that awful lawyer, the Kellyanne number shifted their take on her in a good way, solid Update, Pizza Town went nowhere but the robot movements were funny and Kenan was enjoyable, Uber and dirty talk sketches were both great. Best of the night was the interrogation.

I'm not really counting that To Sir With Love thing as a sketch. In fact, I'll do my best to bleach it from my brain. what the shit even. So embarrassing. People know the dude's not dying, right? Like, Obama's gonna be around playing golf and getting into venture capital. Not being brought behind a shed and shot. How nobody pointed out that performance might be sycophantic and idiotic is beyond me.

EDIT: Also, who else has read about writer Katie Rich being indefinitely suspended for a tweet about Barron Trump. http://splitsider.com/2017/01/snl-suspends-writer-katie-rich-for-tweeting-a-joke-about-donald-trumps-son/ It was "Barron will be this country's first homeschool shooter", which, not a great tweet. Not sure it warrants this level of outrage though.

TheMan

These opening are the best part...they have so much material to farm.

However, I groaned when i found out Kristen Stewart is hosting...I'm prepared to be even more disappointed than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom