• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 42 |OT| Kenan's Still Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Hoo boy I don't think I've ever seen a post-monologue sketch bomb so hard

Although it's picking up a bit I guess

I thought last week's was worse. But this isn't great, either. I wish Leslie Jones would learn to stop missing her cues, it's awkward when she interrupts someone because she's too early.

Sanjuro

I thought the first sketch was fine. This season has an obvious shift in tone as mentioned prior. Even the misses in that sketch felt different than recent years.

THanks!

CHONK? Ya, I didn't get it. What was supposed to be funny there? What was the joke? The "Normal Clothes" punchline didn't land for me either. Don't women buy "Normal Clothes" too?
Nah, it's like, clothes that cater to heavier women are 'special' clothes that have to be branded specially, when bigger than average men are usually catered to by default.

big ander

Bayer & Laura Parsons are great

Not a great episode but I appreciate the risks. That limo drive-thru sketch was weird and Pete never found the right rhythm for it, in part because the set was unwieldy. The short film festival sketch was mostly hilarious but the timing was off at a couple moments. But I'd rather they swing at these smaller, odder ideas in the meat of the show than do four Game Show Meets Recent Event sketches.

Chonk was the best. The Sink too.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
For some reason Chonk killed me. I haven't laughed like that in a long time. Was out of breath from laughing.

what does this new guy (Mike Day) have on Lorne that he gets to be in every sketch?
it's not like he had a single funny line yet.

edit: i just realized that i thought Mike Day and Alex Moffat were the same person.

they bot have been awful though.

Kronotech

Curious what happened this episode. It's like they either scraped everything together at the last minute, showed the dress rehearsal, or had all but two writers call out sick. So bad. So many of the sketches were funny in theory but put together and poorly acted.

It was pretty clear they were really pushing the new cast members heavy and letting the vets take a break.

I did love Chonk and the short film festival (even though the audience didn't get it).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Laura Parsons always cracks me up. Especially when you've met theater kids who grew up and still act like that.

I actually liked the last two sketches more than anything else in this episode. The Burger King Limo sketch was really bad. Complete time waster, like something they'd put on at the end to run out time.

So British Bake Off and Hamster sketches were good, the rest was a dog's breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom