• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saya no Uta |OT| Eldrich Abomination Love

Jasconius

InfiniteNine said:
Well JastUSA might have some news regarding Saya no Uta this Summer it seems.
Just bumping this to say I was at the jast panel at AX today and they said they are releasing it soon. Apparently they will be using the fan translation so that it won't take too long~

Is there a place where they game is sold through DD? After playing Katawa, I really want to expand my VN, and this seems like a solid selection.

When is it supposed to be released? I cannot find a release date. Thanks for the link too.
Best I can tell, is on their news page it mentions them wanting to have it out before AX (I assume Anime Expo) which would be before June. So, yeah, it's going to be another month or two at the least.
According to the comments, it seems like NitroPlus is going over everything with a fine toothed comb, thus the delay.

There are other things on the site that you might look into, though. I couldn't say with any real certainty, not having played them, but check out the VN thread and see if there are anything that might hold you over until then.

Best I can tell, is on their news page it mentions them wanting to have it out before AX (I assume Anime Expo) which would be before June. So, yeah, it's going to be another month or two at the least.
According to the comments, it seems like NitroPlus is going over everything with a fine toothed comb, thus the delay.

There are other things on the site that you might look into, though. I couldn't say with any real certainty, not having played them, but check out the VN thread and see if there are anything that might hold you over until then.

Probably for the best, it'll be a welcome threat once school is over.

I've checked out the VN thread, I'm kind of sad the OP never created his beginner list. Too many VN to choose from, so I want something a little different after playing Katawa.

creid

Is the story for this game good, or just notable for being shocking/disgusting? If it's the former, I may as well preorder now.

Impressions seem quite good and many consider it to be a great VN, so it's worth a try. Looking up initial game footage is pretty easy, too.

For me: the game's music is the most notable part of the experience. Great soundtrack from Studio ZIZZ (Nitroplus' in-house sound team), and the group has gone on to do other grew things (Yoh Ohyama only contributed one track to this game, but he leads two prog rock bands while he has a job at ZIZZ, and Toshimichi Isoe has a lot of creative power within Nitro+). Definitely something for me to look over in the future.

Is the story for this game good, or just notable for being shocking/disgusting? If it's the former, I may as well preorder now.

It's actually good. There's definitely a lot of shocking/disgusting stuff going on, but it's genuinely well-written with each disturbing scene contributing greatly to the plot.

SOLDIER

I asked these questions in the Visual Novel thread, but I figured perhaps someone here could help me out.

1. So in order to properly align the text in the English patch, I need to right click the .exe and choose "Locale Japanese". Apparently I have to do this every single time I run the .exe, which is a real pain. Is there a way to just have it automatically start that way?

2. The game also has a weird thing where every time the main character speaks (via a voiced dialog), I have to click the mouse/hit enter twice in order to move to the next line, instead of once. Any way to fix this?

PewPewK

I asked these questions in the Visual Novel thread, but I figured perhaps someone here could help me out.

1. So in order to properly align the text in the English patch, I need to right click the .exe and choose "Locale Japanese". Apparently I have to do this every single time I run the .exe, which is a real pain. Is there a way to just have it automatically start that way?

2. The game also has a weird thing where every time the main character speaks (via a voiced dialog), I have to click the mouse/hit enter twice in order to move to the next line, instead of once. Any way to fix this?

Few days late, but you could (though maybe not recommended) set your locale to Japanese permanently. None too hard to do, just give it a quick Google. It will change a few things regarding symbols your computer uses though. If you don't like it you can always switch it back.

Or of course you could write a batch script that runs the Japanese local, that wouldn't be too difficult either, but I don't know the exact commands you'd have to run to get it to work.

As for your second point, not sure if there's a solution as I didn't have the problem.

Noirulus

I completed the game just now with all the endings/CG.

It was quite an enjoyable experience. The writing was quality and the soundtrack was superb. The horror was done quite well, but my expectations were a little high with all the praise here so I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little let down, ha.

The (good) ending was
okay. After all the intrigue that the novel built in my mind I was disappointed with how generic the explanation was. Yeah, I know it's not primarily a mystery novel but horror and mystery do go hand-in-hand at times, and Saya no Uta is definitely one such case. Could have been better :/

Almost at the game's end it feels like. I didn't expect this much sex in the game. The story certainly is interesting. It could've been done without the explicit sex scenes, I feel.

Top Bottom