• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Laputa_94

I was thinking of the rustlemania intros, and isn't Steve Blum going to do one since Mat said he recorded something with him.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
THAT SPECIAL OPENING FOR EPISODE 47 OF STARDUST CRUSADE WAS HYPE AS FUCK, EPISODE ITSELF WAS ALSO HYPE AS FUCK,

FUCK

Skrams

Woolie was probably thinking of Jack from Gears of War for invisible robot that pops up to do things then immediately disappears.

THAT SPECIAL OPENING FOR EPISODE 47 OF STARDUST CRUSADE WAS HYPE AS FUCK, EPISODE ITSELF WAS ALSO HYPE AS FUCK,

FUCK

die-hard-screenplay-007.jpg

yes

E the Shaggy

I can't believe how dark Steven Universe got with the
Amethyst showing her "home" to Steven and the idea that she's a "dark gem"/mistake.

Calm down Steven Universe!

I just got into the deep end of Steven Universe.
At first I thought Pat's tall tale was hyping it up too much.

Now it's one of my favorite shows of all time. God it's so good.

Tcab96

Something Woolie said in the most recent podcast caught my attention at about 2:40:40. He says, "As someone who has firsthand experienced the most embarrassing moments of people thinking anime is real life and taking it into a training session, no."

Anyone know what he's talking about? Has this been mentioned before?

New Podcast Lore:

Woolie/Pat and Matt/Liam are better friends together than with one another.

What makes you say that? I listened to the most recent podcast, but think I missed something like that.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Something Woolie said in the most recent podcast caught my attention at about 2:40:40. He says, "As someone who has firsthand experienced the most embarrassing moments of people thinking anime is real life and taking it into a training session, no."

Anyone know what he's talking about? Has this been mentioned before?

What makes you say that? I listened to the most recent podcast, but think I missed something like that.
Woolie talked about some Guy who I believed expected to do some naruto shit easily but failed miserably.

Also did you listen to the Steven universe argument?

zeemumu

One thing about Steven Universe is that the plot is always happening, even in the hijinks episodes. They'll pass by the Gems who will be doing something plot-sensitive in the background.

Tcab96

Woolie talked about some Guy who I believed expected to do some naruto shit easily but failed miserably.

Also did you listen to the Steven universe argument?

Somewhat, kind of tuned it out at the time since I hadn't start watching it yet. I'm watching it right now and only on episode 2, though.

ArjanN

It is a bit much but its a pretty common opinion. I know a lot of people dropped it early on cause they just simply did not like Steven which is a bit sad but understandable since your not getting attached to the main character.

Its not like Adventure Time where you can just pick it up anytime cause Finn and Jake are just goofy likable characters. Same with how Regular Show is and sadly those two shows aren't looking that great these days.

I get where they were coming from, but that's because I generally need the plot to hook me for me to stick with something. If it's just wacky episodic shenanigans 90% of the time I tend to lose interest. That's one of the things anime generally had over western cartoons for me, in that they actually often had more continuous plotlines.

The podcast's Steven Universe/Adventure Time discussion reminds me of how One Piece handled a similar wacky hijinks vs plot balance. There's a certain arc that happens pretty much at the halfway point from where the series is currently that marks the shift between pure Adventure Time-esque wacky hijinks to just plot shit happening. The following arc even explicitly ties the vague plot of 'Find One Piece' to the more immediate plot which is the conflict between Pirates at large and the World Government and which pirate is going to be at the forefront of that conflict.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Woolie was probably thinking of Jack from Gears of War for invisible robot that pops up to do things then immediately disappears.

die-hard-screenplay-007.jpg

yes

Does anyone know if there is a specific podcast number where they reacted to ep 47 of jojo?

Skrams

I'm glad that people are enjoying Steven Universe. It's a fun time and does actually have a sense of plot development.
Perfect
Does anyone know if there is a specific podcast number where they reacted to ep 47 of jojo?
They recently had the spoilercast on episode 103 I think it was, but I don't remember if they ever specifically freaked out about the intro in that podcast or prior ones.
Wow, uh, this video's kinda a mess. Improper aspect ratio, game audio out of sync...yeesh.
Yeah, cut off on all sides besides the right maybe? Game audio is ahead of the action too. It's not great.

A bummer that this is happening kind of frequently overall.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The video worked fine for me, but I played it in Chrome.

So did I, and the aspect ratio and audio problems were still a thing. Only thing I can't vouch for is Xir's issue with the intro audio being muted.

The aspect ratio thing is immediately noticeable, and the audio problems get worse as the video goes on.

Genryu

Banned
I can't believe how dark Steven Universe got with the
Amethyst showing her "home" to Steven and the idea that she's a "dark gem"/mistake.

Calm down Steven Universe!

Man, that's nothing compared to when
Amethyst shapeshifts into Ruby Quartz to try and manipulate Greg into staying with her to keep watching TV.

I really hope all the RustleMania videos are just leading up to one hour long video of nothing but dumb intros. My joy would know no end at that point...

zeemumu

Man, that's nothing compared to when
Amethyst shapeshifts into Ruby Quartz to try and manipulate Greg into staying with her to keep watching TV.

Or when
Steven and Garnet find out that they were welding together Gem corpses to replicate fusion.

Numb

Bring back the mailbag dammit. Is it cos they didn't get enough dragon dildos and fists for Pat that they stopped? That could be fixed easily.

If they brought back mailbag, instead of Gurren stuff, they'd start getting a bunch of Steven Universe stuff.

They'd still get Gurren stuff.

And lots and lots of dildos

Top Bottom