• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

My Little Puzzle Can't Possibly Have This Much Double Entendre

Also I can't believe they just walked by that very pronounced "PATRICK" gravestone and let that go

joe2187

Banned
Give Pat a Rubix Cube. He'll lose his mind.

Give him an ultimatum.

Spend as much time as you want trying to solve this

7x7x7-Rubiks-Cube.jpg

Or sacrifice Liam.

How many times can you beat RE2 in the frozen time?

Does it count if I think of the 1st screen in the game and then flash the image of the results screen with an SSS rank? Quite a few times prob

Never actually could bring myself to speedrun an RE game actually. Always way to into the atmosphere to rush through it (especially REmake). Plus I forget more little things than I'd like to admit

Does it count if I think of the 1st screen in the game and then flash the image of the results screen with an SSS rank? Quite a few times prob

Nope, sorry. They cut most of the 'third party observer' sequences from Za Warudo for the new release.

I do appreciate that Pat fucked up doing a Canadian accent super hard in the latest RE3 session, because that means he now has plausible deniability if anyone gets insulted about him messing up their regional accent, ever. He can just say, "Of course I can't do a good [X] accent, I can't even do a good Canadian accent!"

Numb

Pat VS simple puzzles is the match of the decade always.
I'm RE6 cos i bring the hype when not requested.

E the Shaggy

I'm halfway through the first season of Steven Universe thanks to the Zaibatsu and
are/were the Crystal Gems super villains? Seems like there's some shady shit going down.

I'm halfway through the first season of Steven Universe thanks to the Zaibatsu and
are/were the Crystal Gems super villains? Seems like there's some shady shit going down.

I've watched all the current episodes out at the moment. Fuck sake Pat. Getting me on crack again.

I wonder if Woolie is on board with it yet. 3/4 have watched it, he must cave into pressure, right??

Skrams

I hope Matt's previous AMV expertise helped him create these intros. "Let's get it out," is really close to syncing up with Liam Cena's lip movements and that made me a little more hype than it should of.

All will be explained with time. Keep watching.

Skrams

I'll listen to the podcast in a few hours, but I'm surprised Pat didn't remember The Engima of Amigara Fault or Liam didn't correct him or anything. People already posting pictures, but I'll spoiler tag this just in case.
I was freaking out pretty hard when the scene happened in Steven Universe since fucking christ, man. That shit came out of nowhere for me.

how do i make it so you have to quote me to reveal codes?

Pretty sure you just use the email button.

doesnt matter as Rising went into Alpha yesterday
also im curious and cause i want to add people onto my friendslist
which of you nerds is in the Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn Free Company?
and who are you on it?

doesnt matter as Rising went into Alpha yesterday
also im curious and cause i want to add people onto my friendslist
which of you nerds is in the Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn Free Company?
and who are you on it?

Rising Thunder contiunes to be just out of my reach... got a new pc, slapped it all together, everything seems to be working fine but then my windows 10 disc refuses to install :/

Also for the free company I'm in and my character is named Elisa Maza, a completely original name.

Rising Thunder contiunes to be just out of my reach... got a new pc, slapped it all together, everything seems to be working fine but then my windows 10 disc refuses to install :/

Also for the free company I'm in and my character is named Elisa Maza, a completely original name.

id wait atleast 6 months before trying to install Windows 10
thats what Grief said in the steam thread anyways

Alfebit

Banned
I'm sure Jman would be hyped to hear about Matt taking his fiance through Korra.

Hope you're doing alright friender ;~;7

I now want to see the Attack on Titan movie, that sounds like the most hilarious train wreck.

And I agree with Matt about Adventure Time, I started watching because of the hilarious stuff I saw on Youtube but it gets really boring when none of the episodes are connected in any way so I'm given no incentive to watch more episodes.

I now want to see the Attack on Titan movie, that sounds like the most hilarious train wreck.

And I agree with Matt about Adventure Time, I started watching because of the hilarious stuff I saw on Youtube but it gets really boring when none of the episodes are connected in any way so I'm given no incentive to watch more episodes.

I am actually fine with the focus on non-story episodes in AT. Problem is they aren't nearly as good now(begining half of season six was really poor), and the story ones aren't so great either(that finale really dropped the ball).

On the other hand, pretty much every episode of Steven Universe has something that adds to the lore or even just the characters backstory, even if you don't notice it at first. And its all done much better then most of AT(which is unsurprising as SU's creator made some of the best AT episodes).

I sure am thankful for these 3 1/2 hour long podcasts, they give me something to do on BS 9pm~5am flights.
"Who listens to the Friendcast at 3 am?"
"Oh boy, 3 am!"

i hate flying

I am actually fine with the focus on non-story episodes in AT. Problem is they aren't nearly as good now(begining half of season six was really poor), and the story ones aren't so great either(that finale really dropped the ball).
Oh yeah, Adventure Time's story-telling went to shit when they did that stupid "Finn manipulates Flame Princess" shit, then the spaghetti spilling season where he tries to get a girlfriend, followed by losing a limb and getting it back. I stopped watching because of that shit (and the fact that a lot of the non-Ice King backstory episodes were kinda dull or bad).

I don't know how much of that was due to them running out of ideas due to their absurd number of episodes.

Anung

Un Rama
What Pat was asking about from the enigma of amigara fault by Junji ito i believe.

tumblr_njbtfePnTR1torn69o4_500.png

Junji Ito is the best. He's got a new manga out in October detailing his relationship with his girlfriends cats. Sounds like a nice change of pace for him.

Laputa_94

That adventure time argument got annoying after awhile because all I kept hearing from Matt and Liam is "I watched this cartoon which is also for kids for three years and got fed fed up becasue they decided not to make it all plot" Which is fine, but Pat is right it sounds like they were expecting something which the show was not.

Skrams

Okay, cool, I was wrong in my assumption. They did tell Pat it was Amigara Fault. That Steven Universe and Adventure Time argument was a bit bad though. Matt and Liam were annoyed at the lack of story in Adventure Time which is a weird preconception to have when you gauge this is a show mostly for children where episodes will be rerun often. I also just can't even tell how Pat and Woolie have such low tolerance for kid characters where it takes Woolie 20 or so episodes to care about Steven as not a shit kid. Fucking episode 8 has
him being actually mature and respecting the efforts of the gems work for the obstacle course they made for Steven. He could of just blown up on them for its fakeness, but he held back since he could see how much trouble they were having adapting to raising him.
He can be a doof kid early on, but there's moments when he shines. Even when he doesn't though, I'm not that put off by him as Woolie or Pat describes it. I don't know if it's a tolerance for kids or kid characters or just not being a cynical shit about kids or not comparing every kid to Anakin.

Edit- Also I'm an idiot and a liar sometimes.

Junji Ito is the best. He's got a new manga out in October detailing his relationship with his girlfriends cats. Sounds like a nice change of pace for him.

I've only read a bit of Cat Diary and it's pretty weird. I don't remember much of it since it's been a bit, but yeah, it's a change of pace from his regular stuff. A lot of him going super nuts and scary eyes with his cats. I need to see if there's a collection of his regularly known oneshots since I don't think his newest book, "Fragments of Horror," collects any of those? I also still need to personally read Uzumaki.

Squishy3

Fucking episode 8 has
him being actually mature and respecting the efforts of the gems work for the obstacle course they made for Steven. He could of just blown up on them for its fakeness, but he held back since he could see how much trouble they were having adapting to raising him.
That's episode 38, not episode 8... so

seriously tho steven universe takes a long time to get going and most of its hijinks episodes aren't nearly as good as adventure time's

Skrams

That's episode 38, not episode 8... so

seriously tho steven universe takes a long time to get going and most of its hijinks episodes aren't nearly as good as adventure time's

Oops

I'll leave it there and let everyone think I'm an idiot then. I skimmed the episode list to remember the early episodes and misconstrued it as being earlier than it was. Everyone proceed to stone me.

I don't think I'd say a long time still since I think Tiger Millionaire is an easy place it takes off which is after only an hour and a half of run time. Then you start getting into the shit of Fusions and Sword Fighting and it's a snowball from there. I wasn't hooked immediately either, but I think saying Steven's a shit kid for at least 20 episodes is still a little much.

Top Bottom