• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Meh, I don't need to feel validated. I don't think the game is a total failure either. Just in the places it counts. Funnily enough a person can both like a thing and dislike aspects of it at the same time. The fact the game has such great elements makes it all the more disappointing IMO. I'd be interested in seeing how they think the MGSV SPOILERS
twist
is fantastic as I'm yet to come across a decent reason why.

I wasnt referencing anyone specific in my post so don't feel like i was targeting you. It was meant towards the people that just really wanted to see them get mad at the game rather than see them have other opinions and explain what they thought worked and what didn't.

Like i mentioned in my post though, you're not gonna hear any new mind blowing perspectives or anything that you haven't heard before. If you'd rather not listen to more Metal Gear analysis, then its a skip.

Listened to the podcast today. Damn Bunny Hop really livens up the crew. He's a nice splash of different.

if one of you is Liam and didn't know, would you want us to tell you?

I think I'm more star struck by you. Getting the Best Friends to eat durian ice cream is legendary!

mike0dude

I think I'm more star struck by you. Getting the Best Friends to eat durian ice cream is legendary!

I only got Matt and , Woolie's Mom (He told me he gave it to her after) to try it.
they didn't like it cause they are cowards and don't know how to enjoy the King of Fruits.

This Bloodborne DLC is probably the best thing I've played all year. My god is it good. Definitely looking forward to hearing impressions/seeing an LP of this.

Listened to the podcast today. Damn Bunny Hop really livens up the crew. He's a nice splash of different.

Yup, love how he challenges the rest of the crew on nearly every topic. He's a joy to listen to. I just wish it wasn't over skype, because the skype lag can really cause some issues like when Liam and Pat interrupt and it takes a few seconds to fix itself.

This Bloodborne DLC is probably the best thing I've played all year. My god is it good. Definitely looking forward to hearing impressions/seeing an LP of this.

Y'all tempting me too hard to play it already :(

I wish i had more time for things.

I only got Matt and , Woolie's Mom (He told me he gave it to her after) to try it.
they didn't like it cause they are cowards and don't know how to enjoy the King of Fruits.

You telling me Woolie lied on the podcast about going back to try it? Geez... though technically I suppose it was his alter ego chewie that lied...

Damn, already in there?
I'm on newgame ++, level 155... currently wondering if I should just start a new game.

MrHoot

I'm playing on NG+ at the moment. The beginning of the DLC is VERY strong (impact wise).
I don't know if it's because of Undertale, like for Woolie, but I felt bad killing the beastmen as they cower before me now in the nightmare. I progressed nicely after getting used to the hunter before getting slaughtered by this giant magical hulk

Oh man, that bit about Flux in the latest Mirror's Edge explains so much about the latest Shitstorm.

You know how people shat on them for missing obvious stuff? Well, they were using a PC running Flux and it get rid of all the blues, fucking up the shadows and outlines in some games, making it impossible for them to see those things. We saw them because the recordings weren't affected by Flux.

Oh man, that bit about Flux in the latest Mirror's Edge explains so much about the latest Shitstorm.

You know how people shat on them for missing obvious stuff? Well, they were using a PC running Flux and it get rid of all the blues, fucking up the shadows and outlines in some games, making it impossible for them to see those things. We saw them because the recordings weren't affected by Flux.
That makes a lot of sense and is super silly. You always turn off f.lux when they play games.

For guys who do this as a full time job, they sure do have a lot of avoidable technical issues.
That's why they want to get an office, so they can one tech setup that they can use and get perfect, instead of going to whoever's house, using whatever setup they've got, and dealing with whatever fuck ups that result.

That makes a lot of sense and is super silly. You always turn off f.lux when they play games.
I assume that Pat has the icon hidden, so he probably forgot it was even on.

aly

Me too. I mean Blodborne was already a great game, but this just is just amazing. I needs an lp of it.

MrHoot

One thing I really like about the patch that came with the DLC is the additional of a bunch of NPC helpers across the old game. Especially in the chalice dungeons which can be pretty damn hard. Having a little helper with you can make all the difference.

Jintor

durian is the king, durian flavoured stuff is almost always terrible. i admit i haven't had durian ice cream in probably half a decade though

Two new LPs on the site. First one is
Afro Samurai 2
. Second one was leaked a while ago and it's
Final Fantasy X
. Not sure how the 2nd one is gonna work unless they do some heavy editing.

Anung

Un Rama
New Mirror's Edge was great as per :D I like the visual metaphor The Shard represents through its art design (not just letting the player know its the final level) but how it embodies the fascism of the game. Gorgeous and pristine on the outside but dark and shadowy on the inside. This has been a sweet little LP.

SOMA 12 actually turned out fantastic. They made a load of progress and were put in a variety of situations without saying anything dumb or talking over dialogue. They gun-jumped a little at the end though ;)

Afro Samurai 2
Final Fantasy X

Eck. Those two could go either way.

mike0dude

durian is the king, durian flavoured stuff is almost always terrible. i admit i haven't had durian ice cream in probably half a decade though

the durian flavoured Ice cream from my mom's cousin's place is actually super good.
eating frozen durian is basically like eating ice cream really, the difference is that in the actual durian ice cream the flavour is more mellowed out.

Moonlight

Banned
Soma has legit been a fantastic LP aside from the one time they spent like forty minutes running around with their heads cut off. They've been engaged, relatively on the ball with revelations, and handle themselves in the encounters pretty well.

After how rough October was overall, really happy with how the current line-up has been working out since then. Even Undertale was a really solid LP overall!

Finally listened to the whole podcast [sorry to be LTTP]

I don't know why I was expecting DmC levels of hate nonsense. The spoilercast ended up being very well done, I'm impressed! Couple things though-

1. Pat and eyeball thing from the Start of MGSV: In MGS3 they say his eyeball is intact, but the retina is irreversably damaged.
That was not a red herring! I can't believe that hasn't trickled back to him since the start of the LP...

2. Miller is not that evil. They keep mentioning how he wants to torture everyone when he was constantly fighting Ocelot about not torturing so much. Ocelot was the guy that was super hype on torturing everyone... no memory of this guys?

Otherwise, very interesting dissection, the
'Huey may not be guilty'
controversy never occured to me, and it's super interesting.

Is there any way to download from the site? I'd like to save the Fatal Fury let's watch for later, but I can't seem to get it with my usual downloading plugins.

Anung

Un Rama
Soma has legit been a fantastic LP aside from the one time they spent like forty minutes running around with their heads cut off. They've been engaged, relatively on the ball with revelations, and handle themselves in the encounters pretty well.

Eh, I'd say overall it's been a good LP but it has had some severe rough spots. 5, 6 and 8 have moments that border on unwatchable. Plus they miss so many story cues (puzzles, character stuff and tidbits) due to talking over dialogue. I've enjoyed my time with it and it's a great LP game but its far from perfect. Like I said before though 12 was great and it feels like the feedback has finally bled into the LP.

daevious

Afro Samurai 2
Final Fantasy X

Who's commenting on them? I have a close connection with
Final Fantasy X
and the wrong commentators would immediately ruin that LP.

Going through the Spoilercast, I have to complain at Bunny:

"The game is called The Phantom Pain, and it feels like something's missing!"

Not only is that goofy and dumb, it's actually the opposite of what phantom pain means.

Anung

Un Rama
Going through the Spoilercast, I have to complain at Bunny:

"The game is called The Phantom Pain, and it feels like something's missing!"

Not only is that goofy and dumb, it's actually the opposite of what phantom pain means.

Yeah. A more apt way to phrase it would be "it feels like a good game should be here but it isn't" ;)

aly

2. Miller is not that evil. They keep mentioning how he wants to torture everyone when he was constantly fighting Ocelot about not torturing so much. Ocelot was the guy that was super hype on torturing everyone... no memory of this guys?

Yeah their opinion on Miller is super strange.
Yeah the guy was kinda paranoid, but he had the biggest losses and ended up being right about a lot of things. Also his feelings about the kids, especially Eli was pretty sad.

About the new lps:
Hope they don't mess FFX up. I just adore that game.

Yeah. A more apt way to phrase it would be "it feels like a good game should be here but it isn't" ;)

I can still feel it. I have a sensation in the place where Snake Eater used to be. There are times when I wake up on pins and needles, and I can swear it's still there, just fallen asleep on me.

But in the end, I always realize that what I'm left with is just MGSV.
But at least it isn't fucking 4.

But in the end, I always realize that what I'm left with is just MGSV.
But at least it isn't fucking 4.

... Loved 4. Like 5 a lot too for that matter. Even Peace Walker has it's moments.

The attempts at defending Huey on the Spoilercast were making me so salt. He's clearly a piece of shit.

The point isn't too defend him. It's too question your own view point and wonder what if. Cause there really was no evidence...

That said,
guilty guilty guilty!

aly

The point isn't too defend him. It's too question your own view point and wonder what if. Cause there really was no evidence...

That said,
guilty guilty guilty!

I guess my problem is that the game never really gives you a reason to question if he's guilty or not, especially with how straight forward almost everything is. So, going but, but,but comes across as a waste of time imo.
Screw Huey, especially since you can't even kill him.

Skrams

Afro Samurai 2
Final Fantasy X
First one seems like it could be a very short and janky LP, so it might be fine. The second I was still worried about just like I was months ago when the opening animation with the title card leaked. To go straight from long LPs to more long LPs seems really bleh to me. I know some of them like the game a lot, but I don't know how long that love can carry them through the game.
Woo, hope everyone watching the ME play through has already played the game, cuz Pat and Woolie are already spoiling the person Faith is chasing
After watching the latest part, I didn't hear them mention any name besides saying it was a woman? Did I miss a part where they slipped and said the name?

After watching the latest part, I didn't hear them mention any name besides saying it was a woman? Did I miss a part where they slipped and said the name?
No, but there's
only one other woman in the game capable of free running and every other character refers to the assassin as an androgynous "he"

God damn this Bloodborne DLC is fantastic. I finished today off at the
Orphan of Kos and boy is that a tough but fun boss. Feels like the end of the DLC though which is a shame cause I don't want it to end!

Skrams

Matt
hasn't had a great track record lately, so I'm worried he might drag it down.

This is a lot more reassuring because
Pat is really on point when he gushes about something he likes.
Matt mentioned in some reddit post that he liked the particular game a good bit, so I'd hope that he would have a lot to say or talk about during the LP.
No, but there's
only one other woman in the game capable of free running and every other character refers to the assassin as an androgynous "he"
If you can come to that conclusion and don't zone out like most people probably have about the story then yeah, I guess that would make sense. I don't think it's a huge deal, but I can see how you would of jumped to that character as the baseballsmen.

Jonami90

Neo Member
Man, Matt and Pat get kinda tipsy in this Let's Watch. That's something more than just hype in their systems.

That was a lot of fun, have they made any comments on why they don't make more of these?

Xux

Man, Matt and Pat get kinda tipsy in this Let's Watch. That's something more than just hype in their systems.

That was a lot of fun, have they made any comments on why they don't make more of these?
Legal stuff. They had permission for Samurai Cop and they are site only which dodges YouTube shenanigans and risking messing with the new Vessel deal. The seeming delay is probably their waiting for permission or being sure it's okay.

MrHoot

God damn this Bloodborne DLC is fantastic. I finished today off at the
Orphan of Kos and boy is that a tough but fun boss. Feels like the end of the DLC though which is a shame cause I don't want it to end!

I'm getting wrecked by
Ludwig i
n new game + and it's pissing me off, especially because there's NO ONE HELPING apart from the NPCs who are barely useful

Finished the Fatal Fury lets watch, and it's definitely my favorite lets watch now.

I'm getting wrecked by
Ludwig i
n new game + and it's pissing me off, especially because there's NO ONE HELPING apart from the NPCs who are barely useful

He so freaking hard lol. I'm on NG++, and it took me like two hours to beat him. I had the NPC with me, but she died right when phase 2 came around. Managed to finally take him down, and I actually think his second phase is a bit easier than the first.

tsundoku

Can someone explain to me why the face-cam is necessary in a let's watch. I found the movie unwatchable because of the feed and it always gets in the way on their let's watches of game reveal shows

Top Bottom