• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Maybe it's just me, but for some reason the fact that the Devil's Third protagonist has a thick Russian accent makes him seem like less of a shit.

Skrams

The SvC chaos video quality had nothing to do with editing. It's because of the program they were using to play the game.

Whatever the case, something caused this saltybet video to just melt. Screen periodically going black, best friends audio ahead, best friends audio behind, game audio behind, and just nothing makes sense.

MrHoot

Continuing my rump through the dlc, managed to get past
the failures and Mariah and about to reach whatever's next

Holy shit what a ride so far. Some moments would probably make Pat and Woolie scream in deligth (especially
Maria
)

Maybe it's just me, but for some reason the fact that the Devil's Third protagonist has a thick Russian accent makes him seem like less of a shit.
That and the boss characters being his former comrades helps since they're all about as equally ridiculous design wise so he still fits in.

Whatever the case, something caused this saltybet video to just melt. Screen periodically going black, best friends audio ahead, best friends audio behind, game audio behind, and just nothing makes sense.
So just like Salty Bet itself.

Oh man I'm seeing so much of the internet calling The Old Hunters bad DLC and a waste of money because they can't beat the first boss.
Including DSP.
Absolutely hilarious.

It's definitely probably the hardest thing FROM has put out in the Souls game play style, but it's damn fun at the same time.

MrHoot

Oh man I'm seeing so much of the internet calling The Old Hunters bad DLC and a waste of money because they can't beat the first boss.
Including DSP.
Absolutely hilarious.

It's definitely probably the hardest thing FROM has put out in the Souls game play style, but it's damn fun at the same time.

Just gotta get that Valtr in the worst case scenario (which is what I did). Buckethead can tank like a champ

Anung

Un Rama
Including DSP.
Absolutely hilarious.

Wow people are wrong. Best DLC I've played this year. I'm not going to say it's easy (it isn't) and I have got my ass beat over the last few days but it didn't take me long to get gud and beat the DLC.

I can't believe some of you have already beaten the dlc for bloodborne. I've barely found time to get started on getting to the dlc... I need to take some damn time off work!

A lot of us in the US have had the last couple days off due to thanksgiving.

That would be nice... working for the holidays is kinda depressing.

In happier news... got a new tv at least. Grabbed some black friday merch after work. Gonna play the new wolfenstien to test her out, if I can put the damn thing together.
Salty Bet needs to be the new Brawls
every other Friday or hell every Saturday or Sunday

Sounds cool... but at the same time, isn't watching the best friends watch video games just a little too weird? Is salty bet getting a check, or is that too much?

So... They're not gonna do the Old Hunter DLC?

Cause it's probably gonna be pretty masochistic for everyone involved- We ask them to play, they play, we shit on them for playing, they keep getting shit on while playing, we keep watching them play.

It's a vicious cycle.

Cause it's probably gonna be pretty masochistic for everyone involved- We ask them to play, they play, we shit on them for playing, they keep getting shit on while playing, we keep watching them play.

It's a vicious cycle.

Woolie needs to suffer more

The thing is- I'm part of the problem @_@ !

I want to watch them play Old Hunters even though it's historically proven they're going to do something to piss me off (like not lighting a lamp even when it's right in front of them), I'm a gaming LP masochist 0_0 !!

sjay1994

It's a vicious cycle.

We dunno.

Pat seems kinda against it, because according to him, he is still salty over some of the comments regarding the original BB LP, while Matt wants to do something with BB.

If it happens, it might be a super best friends production.

Probably won't though.

sjay1994

He already has (obtuse new LP hints)

ZLFqhGZ.png

Edzi

Including DSP.
Absolutely hilarious.

The DLC is fantastic, but it's balanced horribly in the higher NG+ levels. I'm on NG+++ and I honestly feel like the lack of balance has made a bunch of the bosses/enemies really cheap, to the extent where it's actually affected my enjoyment of those fights. I'm tempted to start a new file and do the DLC again on NG, since I think that's the best way to really get the most out of it.

The DLC is fantastic, but it's balanced horribly in the higher NG+ levels. I'm on NG+++ and I honestly feel like the lack of balance has made a bunch of the bosses/enemies really cheap, to the extent where it's actually affected my enjoyment of those fights. I'm tempted to start a new file and do the DLC again on NG, since I think that's the best way to really get the most out of it.

Glad to hear starting a new game was the right idea. It was the right idea for Dark Souls... it didn't matter for Dark Souls 2, and it's the right idea here so ha!
In stupider news... I just wimped out and bought GGXrd again. Damn my self. But I really don't wanna play ps3 anymore.

Sounds cool... but at the same time, isn't watching the best friends watch video games just a little too weird? Is salty bet getting a check, or is that too much?
If it's entertaining it's not weird.

They've done let's watches of Other M and MGS4 before. Also they're not watching Saltybet, they're playing it.

Having watched a streamer by the name of Peeve fight the final boss for 28 hours I'm inclined to agree. However, you can't judge the DLC based around NG+ because that's obviously not where you're intended to play it.

As for the LP, if they do it then it'll be slightly different because I know Pat has at least been playing through some of it on his own.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm really glad I started a new character for the DLC. NG+ sounds like a nightmare. I'd love to see them have a crack at the DLC on the channel. I can see why they wouldn't but I think with a format change and some light editing it could be really good.

I'm really glad I started a new character for the DLC. NG+ sounds like a nightmare. I'd love to see them have a crack at the DLC on the channel. I can see why they wouldn't but I think with a format change and some light editing it could be really good.

Despite all the complaints they got doing BB, I still think it was one of the more successful LP's. As for will they actually do it though, I don't know because they already seem to have quite a lot lined up. Maybe after one of the more short LP's like GoT ends?

Anung

Un Rama
Despite all the complaints they got doing BB, I still think it was one of the more successful LP's. As for will they actually do it though, I don't know because they already seem to have quite a lot lined up. Maybe after one of the more short LP's like GoT ends?

Yeah. Apart from it being slowborne I had no major complaints about that LP. Its a Souls game FFS of course they are going to get their asses stomped and miss certain lore and things.

After a string of rash LP's that backfired on them I don't mind them sitting this one out and coming back to The Old Hunters at a later date.

I think that may be why Pat's playing through it so they can go for the one blind/one knowledgable gimmick. Granted I'm sure he just wanted to play it as much as we all did but it'd bring a nice sense of "speed" to it if they were to do it. Regardless, I'm looking forward to what both he and Liam have to say about it on the podcast.

aly

Having watched a streamer by the name of Peeve fight the final boss for 28 hours I'm inclined to agree. However, you can't judge the DLC based around NG+ because that's obviously not where you're intended to play it.

As for the LP, if they do it then it'll be slightly different because I know Pat has at least been playing through some of it on his own.

Peeve is a strange situation though. He's on NG+7 and won't deviate from a certain weapon/ playstyle. I admire him, but lol there is no way I would stick with what he's using to win.

I actually think NG+++++ is'nt all that bad with the right weapons and strategy. But if they lp it, then it has to be NG+ or lower or the lp will be stuck on one boss forever. The Dark Souls 2 method will work great here.

Thanks Zaibatsu, I've regained my saltybet addiction.

Also I'm watching the SvC scrublords, this is great. Though that video rendering issue, holy hell.

Ilvocare

SO I FINISHED NIER

ALL OF THE ENDINGS

I'VE BASICALLY TWEETED LIAM DIRECTLY AND BRIEFLY ABOUT WHAT MY PROBLEM IS AND I GUESS I'LL ELABORATE HERE

IN SPOILERS OF COURSE

OBVIOUSLY DON'T CLICK ON THE SPOILED TEXT IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETELY FINISHED NIER AND YOU PLAN TO PLAY IT

CONTAINS ENDING D SPOILERS:

the game's price for viewing the final ending is to wipe all your save data from existence

WHICH IS A PROBLEM BECAUSE MY YOUNGER BROTHER WAS LIKE

MIDWAY THROUGH ENDING B BEFORE HE LEFT THIS WEEKEND FOR THE CRUISE

HOW THE FUCK DO I EXPLAIN THIS TO HIM

Squishy3

SO I FINISHED NIER

ALL OF THE ENDINGS

I'VE BASICALLY TWEETED LIAM DIRECTLY AND BRIEFLY ABOUT WHAT MY PROBLEM IS AND I GUESS I'LL ELABORATE HERE

IN SPOILERS OF COURSE

OBVIOUSLY DON'T CLICK ON THE SPOILED TEXT IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETELY FINISHED NIER AND YOU PLAN TO PLAY IT

CONTAINS ENDING D SPOILERS:

the game's price for viewing the final ending is to wipe all your save data from existence

WHICH IS A PROBLEM BECAUSE MY YOUNGER BROTHER WAS LIKE

MIDWAY THROUGH ENDING B BEFORE HE LEFT THIS WEEKEND FOR THE CRUISE

HOW THE FUCK DO I EXPLAIN THIS TO HIM
Play up to endings C and D again, obviously. CHOP CHOP MOTHERFUCKER

Top Bottom