• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

that germanspy sounds a bit like Matt and a bit like Don hertzfeldt, it's super weird
I'm so confused about that guy. He says hes German but he speaks with no accent, and he says he's 30 but sounds like he's 20.
Does mastering Souls lore provide eternal youth and ambiguous nationality?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm so confused about that guy. He says hes German but he speaks with no accent, and he says he's 30 but sounds like he's 20.
This could also explain why a farmer would be so good at drawing sexy video game characters.

MrHoot

He says in the podcast he lived a good chunk of his life in the US

And talking by experience, germans are remarkably capable in adapting or hiding their accents in english, as far as to sound completely british or american

He says in the podcast he lived a good chunk of his life in the US

And talking by experience, germans are remarkably capable in adapting or hiding their accents in english, as far as to sound completely british or american
Ah, Haven't got that far in the podcast. What a fraud.

Anung

Un Rama
I assume they are going to edit out whatever controversial stuff happened during the Mindjack stream? I can't find the archive.

Xux

Oh man, I hit Training and it takes me to Stage Select and the Characters have footstep sounds when they walk forward and back; this is pretty much my dream Street Fighter game.
I assume they are going to edit out whatever controversial stuff happened during the Mindjack stream? I can't find the archive.
They did.

Skrams

A good 30% of this Naruto LP is Woolie being lost and starboard and port and poopdeck. It's the worst. I'm dying inside always.

I'm also surprised Woolie didn't know what eugenics was. Or maybe just not the naruto eugenics version. Everyone should know what regular ass eugenics is though.

Pat- "Woolie, open the shortcut after this battle."

*doesn't open shortcut*

Xux

Jeeze, the audio's out of sync as fuck in this weeks FNF.

Also, I can't believe they're playing
Spike Lee's crazy basketball ghost story game.

Pat: "Oh...kicks means shoes..."

Oh, God.
Fourth game in the Sadness Trilogy confirmed.

Matsukaze

A good 30% of this Naruto LP is Woolie being lost and starboard and port and poopdeck. It's the worst. I'm dying inside always.

I'm also surprised Woolie didn't know what eugenics was. Or maybe just not the naruto eugenics version. Everyone should know what regular ass eugenics is though.
I've grown accustomed to the Best Friends not knowing common knowledge items (not trying to put them down, just saying). Pat thinking James Joyce was an American author still boggles my mind. I'm amazed he didn't say Charles Dickens was German after that little gem.

sjay1994

Oh, God.

The LP literally no one could have expected from them.

Neol

Oh, God.

Laughed way harder at that Pat quote then I should have. Looking forward to it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I feel like one could divide up the SBF videos into "eras" based on what saying Matt's currently running into the ground saying a whole bunch. Like right now we're in the "You weren't to know" era.

joe2187

Banned
I know the guys are real down on the new KOF ...

but they just announced Dinosaur Lucha Libre Man. AKA King Of Dinosaurs AKA RUDO. As a heel to Tizoc

24983094415_7249928ef4_z.jpg

24687589580_42dd872d4d_z.jpg

ZN7iDjA.gif

Im sold.

Xux

AKA the big reveal is he takes the mask off and it's Tizoc.

It's the same voice actor and a heel wouldn't do Justice Hurricane.
Yeah, he takes the mask off and it's a Raiden mask and then takes that mask off and its the hawk mask.

ArjanN

I'm sure he or Woolie one will find that one pixel of the screen that looks like it's from the PSX era and complain about it.

I think it's pretty funny the comment shitposting about the game after that latest trailer has literally gone from 'looks like a PS2' game to 'looks like a PS3 game'.

MrHoot

With SFV too at the moment, the shitposting is quite virulent around the internet when it comes to fighting games, it's quite annoying. I hope it doesn't stick around for too much

Neol

I think it's pretty funny the comment shitposting about the game after that latest trailer has literally gone from 'looks like a PS2' game to 'looks like a PS3 game'.

To be fair though it does look graphically better compared to the first trailer. Models are looking better as well.

Andy still kinda looks like ass but I guess its fine.

The game looks legitimately better, it's not even a "is it me or" kind of thing, the game isn't an eyesore anymore even if it's not amazing looking either.

Skrams

I'm half expecting them to say they don't like Terry's new model or look. I feel like that's when I know a part of them are out for blood.

I really hope they're a lot more hopeful for KoFXIV. Its getting really annoying in the podcasts where they do bash KoFXIV.
AKA the big reveal is he takes the mask off and it's Tizoc.

It's the same voice actor and a heel wouldn't do Justice Hurricane.
Nah. Everyone will just call him Tizoc then the real Tizoc appears and everyone will call Tizoc, King of Dinosaurs.

The game looks legitimately better, it's not even a "is it me or" kind of thing, the game isn't an eyesore anymore even if it's not amazing looking either.

To me it looks pretty good in "normal" fighting game display, the problem is when it zooms in on characters for DMs/intros/whatever.

So, the optimist in me wants to think they just did things in reverse of normal Western development: rather than making super-high quality assets and trimming the fat until they could get them to run at mediocre efficiency in gameplay, they started with a sort of "lowest common denominator" set of assets necessary for high-performance gameplay, and are standing them up from there.

It's a very inefficient way of doing things from an artist's perspective, but if your goal is to get the actual gameplay engine fully testable at target framerates ASAP, I suppose it wouldn't be completely ridiculous.

Any friender playing in the Black Desert Online CBT2 currently? I'm currently downloading at 0.21 MB/s (restarted the client and it's better now), but it'd be nice to have some people to play with after it's done.

Also, if any of you're interested in checking it out, there are still some 500+ keys at the moment of posting over at mmohuts.com

Dio

Banned
But that's actually great. Better animated than 99% of canon naruto, and it's entertaining as fuck. I wish all the filler was like that.

And that's not actually part of the show. It's some short OVA that came with one of the ninja storm games I think.
I didn't say it was bad, I just saw the webm and posted it in here 'cause I thought it was funny.

I also didn't know that. Good to hear.

Spike Lee being a David Cage is what I expected after seeing that shitshow movie Do The Right Thing, but Jesus Christ, I didn't think he'd go that far.

I wish the storymode was more like that intro cutscene, but then there'd be nothing left for Barkley 2.

Top Bottom