• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

explodet

Just tear down Big Ben and replace with the tallest LCD screen ever
382448.gif

First thing I've liked in like 6 months

SH3 and Omikron are the ones I'm looking forward to the most, but I'm biased because Silent Hill is one of my big favorites ever, and hear Pat nerd out about the lore is a treat. Sh3 is also a bit more chaotic so with Matt on the controls getting blindsided by a doggie is a fun time

I even recently rewatched SH2 and Homecoming for...uhm...the contrast.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Just finish Naruto and never look back
It's not like it's Bleach and you'll need to bleach your eyes after the end

Listen, Listen, Listen.
That last arc of Bleach isn't that bad and is actually a lot of fun if you're drunk and give up any pretense of a story and just blaze on through. There is some duuuuuumb shit in there that I can't help but smile at. Like that one time when
Mayuri fought a big hand

It kills me to this day. I'm laughing like a kid of my keyboard just thinking about it.

Numb

But what about Boruto? That's going on now.

I've actually kinda liked the Boruto manga, truth be told.
Boruto is the shit
Sakura took so many L's that's just one of the reasons people should read it
Choji's little fat kid is hilarious too

Listen, Listen, Listen.
That last arc of Bleach isn't that bad and is actually a lot of fun if you're drunk and give up any pretense of a story and just blaze on through. There is some duuuuuumb shit in there that I can't help but smile at. Like that one time when
Mayuri fought a big hand

It kills me to this day. I'm laughing like a kid of my keyboard just thinking about it.

What a way to waste it
I tell people to stop after Aizen defeat

sjay1994

I can't believe WD2 has a "kinect can't see black people" reference.

This game has a 3 minute long conversation about aliens vs predators, which ends up roping in batman, superman, terminator and Archie.

Its a game that feels like its written for a good chunk of the best friends audience.

JC Sera

Boruto is the shit
Sakura took so many L's that's just one of the reasons people should read it
Choji's little fat kid is hilarious too

What a way to waste it
I tell people to stop after Aizen defeat
that was such a perfect stopping point
with a bitter sweet end to ichigo/rukia

when the next week came along with "new story arc!" thats when I dropped it

Woolie getting upset over the professor grabbing the chocolate by the messy end got me laughing my ass off, it almost makes me want to do it next time someone offers some to me just because it's so stupid.

I really like the SH3 playthrough because it feels like Pat and Matt at their most... cooperative? Like, Pat's love of Silent Hill (and the fact he's played through so many of them with Matt at this point, and therefore knows Matt's invested) makes it one of their most mellow and feel-good sort of playthroughs.

Particularly juxtaposed to "Matt desperately tries to keep his employees from committing live suicide" (aka Omikron).

Strimei

Paige just experienced the "ITS AN AAAAYYLLIEN" place in Bloodborne. Her reaction was about the same as the guys. It really is damn weird looking from a distance.

Village

Chip is perfectly fine and Sticks is kinda terrible and pointless from what I can remember.

Chip is annoying and pointless.

Sticks is entertaining. She's has more of a point on that level than chip. And you can play as her and do stuff

I'm going to be honest the werehog and chip are both kind pointless. Guess what didn't make it out of that game.

Chip is annoying and pointless.

Sticks is entertaining. She's has more of a point on that level than chip. And you can play as her and do stuff

I'm going to be honest the werehog and chip are both kind pointless. Guess what didn't make it out of that game.

Clearly you've never seen Night of the Werehog.

And Chip is totally fine. Not amazing or anything, but he's fine. My life was not made any worse by him being in the game, and I doubt yours was either.

Who is Sticks.

Tila Tequila in badger form.

Village

Clearly you've never seen Night of the Werehog.

And Chip is totally fine. Not amazing or anything, but he's fine. My life was not made any worse by him being in the game, and I doubt yours was either.

That didn't work out for them iirc, and he went back into the cellar. ( didn't work out for the comics either)

My life isn't really made too much worse by most video games, so that's sort of a shit barometer. But even still I hated him and the werehog. Chip should have just been tails... and they did in the next game... and its better.

Who is Sticks.

She's a new character in sonic boom, she's crazy and funny. She's one of the few net positives from sonic boom.

My life isn't really made too much worse by most video games, so that's sort of a shit barometer. But even still I hated him and the werehog. Chip should have just been tails... and they did in the next game... and its better.

I mean, you and Liam make it sound like Chip killed your pet/friend/relative or something. I just don't get the level of vitriol directed at him. I personally find him entertaining, or at the very least, inoffensive, but I can certainly see why someone wouldn't necessarily enjoy his character. Only thing is that a lot of the criticism has more to do with the game's writing than Chip himself.

Edzi

I think it's time to unfollow Matt on twitter. All he seems to do is like/retweet other people who talk him up, and lately that means a bunch of retweets/likes of bad photoshops with his face in them.

Fat4all

Banned
it's EMBARRASSING how much Woolie is back in

every time you know he's back in, he always start by saying "I know how fun it is to push this narrative on me, but..."

oh, he's so back in...

Top Bottom