• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Lol that dead rat exploding out of the box

Also wtf when I dropped in that room in The Depths was only one Basilisk, not a bunch? Or did I just completely miss a room?

This kind of post reminds me of the days when we were the trash of neogaf.

Flame
from the dumpster
purifies all

joe2187

Banned
Pat needs to tell woolie to be in Human mode at all times, He's missing out on a lot of unique invasions and items from not doing so.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Yeah it's kind of easy, but who knows? He's going in solo, so that hard focus from GD can sometimes make the fight tough. Who wants to bet what joke they'll make? Standard giant vagina, or references to TEETH?

Strimei

Pat needs to tell woolie to be in Human mode at all times, He's missing out on a lot of unique invasions and items from not doing so.
Yeah I'm kinda surprised Pat's not remembering it. I mean I know its been a while for him but I figure Kirk at least was memorable (he was for me). Wonder if he'll see Mildred at this rate.

Looking forward to Woolie seeing the Gaping Dragon
and killing it on the first try

To be fair the thing isn't that hard (particularly if you summon Solaire and whatshisface), but he is visually impressive. I always love its entrance, too, its snout (I guess?) is cute and then you get that...tooth monstrosity.

Yeah I'm kinda surprised Pat's not remembering it. I mean I know its been a while for him but I figure Kirk at least was memorable (he was for me). Wonder if he'll see Mildred at this rate.

Maybe Pat didn't want to make him deal with it right now considering how disorienting the Depths already are. Plus, I'm pretty sure he technically already saw Kirk in DS3, so he isn't really missing much.

Fat4all

Banned
samo9.jpg

Strimei

Maybe Pat didn't want to make him deal with it right now considering how disorienting the Depths already are. Plus, I'm pretty sure he technically already saw Kirk in DS3, so he isn't really missing much.

I suppose though it does add to the..."charm", I guess? Not like Mildred's in a much better place though, though I guess she could spawn while you're still clambering the vertical part of Blighttown instead of near the bottom.

They did see Kirk there in 3 but I don't remember if Pat mentioned how Kirk showed up here first. I kinda want to see Woolie's reaction to it.

Especially as it ties into the Fair Lady and Pat will definitely be making Woolie do that.

joe2187

Banned
first 5 mins of the Samorost Video:

Woolie in awe of the games art and design

Pat starts talking about necrophilia and how he's DTF

pbayne

It's been pretty clear that Super Eyepatch Wolf was a Zaibatsu mark for a bit now.

lol yep. Him and Mother's Basement gonna fight to the death for position of the new anime guy.

Im listening to the podcast atm and he seems like a cool guy and all and its great to hear an Irish person but its pretty awkward where Woolie and Pat just kind of talk over him constantly.

So Super Eyepatch Wolf started because of Woolie's ignorance.

Amazing.

At first I was like, "How could it have been Woolie's opinion that upset him and not Pat's?"

And then I realized you can't actually argue with Pat's contention on this. Gon looks like a fucking dumb baby.

Just went back and rewatched all of the Super Best Friends Brawl videos they did. Think my favorites are the Bomberman one (it played a huge role in me getting a Bomberman game of my own. Said game has been one of the few games my casual friends absolutely adore) and Power Stone 2 (once I get a Dreamcast, Power Stone 1 & 2 are at the top of the list), but all of them are fantastic. Definitely my favorite series of theirs, and I really hope they bring it out of hiatus.

Also, does anyone know when Matt will be returning to the channel?

Hearing them talk about Nioh trial on the podcast, I didn't realise Pat was so bad at video games now. Eh, I guess I'm a crazy who loved the difficulty of the Alpha.

Waiting on the Yakuza 0 one off Pat. Do it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
The trips never end.

I get what you're saying with this, and with your other posts, but I don't know. Upon reflection, if I was as fortunate as Matt is with this job, I'd probably go on trips all the time too while I can. Matt's always given me the impression he is very aware this will not last and is enjoying the ride to the fullest extent. Which I think he absolutely can do, he is his own boss after all. Man, I wish I was self-employed, sounds weird but sweet. You know, except the taxes.

Man I can't wait to hear Matt's dumb voice again.

Isn't the rumor that they're gonna do a full LP?

Holy cow, that would be a lot of LP's on the table. A lot of long ones too. I dunno, I've been really enjoying all the one offs. Been giving me a ton of cool new games to check out.

Strimei

I'm watching an LP of RE7 by another group (just the first episode so far at least, Scary Game Squad if you're curious) and whoo boy I look forward to seeing how Pat and Matt do this. I'm having to fight the urge to spoil myself on all this already because I'm mighty curious.

I'm watching an LP of RE7 by another group (just the first episode so far at least, Scary Game Squad if you're curious) and whoo boy I look forward to seeing how Pat and Matt do this. I'm having to fight the urge to spoil myself on all this already because I'm mighty curious.

It's good. I'd advise you to play it unspoiled

It's one of those games where the less you know the better

Xux

I've watched a bit of the beginning of REVII and I've decided to definitely save myself for the Two Best Friends LP.

I didn't even make it out of the first room of the demo it was so spoopy. I'd love to watch some other weirdos play through it, though!
And then I'll watch the RSS archive 'cause he's an even bigger babby than I am.

I've watched a bit of the beginning of REVII and I've decided to definitely save myself for the Two Best Friends LP.

I didn't even make it out of the first room of the demo it was so spoopy. I'd love to watch some other weirdos play through it, though!
And then I'll watch the RSS archive 'cause he's an even bigger babby than I am.

Is Liam even going to play RE7?

Top Bottom