• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJ: 2 big titles to be announced at Sept 10

Blimblim

The Inside Track
FYI, here is some of the source of the actionscript of the flash file :
Code:
// Action script...

...SNIP...
    if (_l2 >= duration * 1000)
    {
        _root.gotoAndStop(gTitle);
        if (gTitle == "nico")
        {
            gTitle = "genji";
            duration = Math.random() * 4 + 28;
        }
        else
        {
            gTitle = "nico";
            duration = Math.random() * 4 + 20;
        } // end if
        startTime = getTimer();
    } // end if
};
var startTime = getTimer();
var duration = 13;
var gTitle = Math.random();
gTitle >= 0.500000 ? (gTitle = "genji", gTitle = "genji") : (gTitle = "nico");
stop();

Notice the 2 names Genji and Nico

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
pilonv1 said:
The Tale of Genji maybe? Not sure you could make it into a decent game. Interesting stuff anyway.

omg, could it be the first ever "have sex with everyone you know including little boys" game?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why would I do that ?
It's ok dude, I was just joking, but your post gave me something like a small heart attack I think, or it just happened that I burped at that moment, more likely.

In any case, YES, hellz YES, that code really is there, I just checked.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Blimblim said:
FYI, here is some of the source of the actionscript of the flash file :
Code:
// Action script...

...SNIP...
    if (_l2 >= duration * 1000)
    {
        _root.gotoAndStop(gTitle);
        if (gTitle == "nico")
        {
            gTitle = "genji";
            duration = Math.random() * 4 + 28;
        }
        else
        {
            gTitle = "nico";
            duration = Math.random() * 4 + 20;
        } // end if
        startTime = getTimer();
    } // end if
};
var startTime = getTimer();
var duration = 13;
var gTitle = Math.random();
gTitle >= 0.500000 ? (gTitle = "genji", gTitle = "genji") : (gTitle = "nico");
stop();

Notice the 2 names Genji and Nico

Oh man you better be right.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Been there, done that ;)
It's worth bookmarking, and checking every now and then, though. Maybe they'll upload it sometimes before the countdown expires (so we can have another GAF exclusive ;)

Solid

TheGreenGiant said:
... :| is ICO really worth it? I can't find it cheap :'(
I didn't like it, so I sold it. But after I beat PoP (which I enjoyed alot) I'm thinking of getting it again. But oh man will it cost :(

Genji may also be a strategy game of sorts invoving the Genpei War, the war between the Genji and the Heike which led to the establishment of the Minamoto (Genji) as the shogunal dynasty of Japan.

Of course, that sounds more Koei than Sony.

Wow. I'm playing through ICO for the first time right now and I'll say one thing - if one of these games are "nico" then I will shed an actual tear of joy. To say that I am in love with the game would be an understatement. I'll be watching closely for this supposed announcement.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I have studied the file a bit more now and here's what I've found.

The main script has a timed loop that cycles between two different background clips (countdown is in the foreground).

First background clip, entitled 'Nico' in the actionscript, plays that deep rumbling gong-sound (not to be confused with the short countdown sound!) and displays cyan-colored weird glyph-like symbols fading in and out (doesn't Ico actually have glyphs like this on the tombs in the room at the beginning?! I also remember Ico official site had glyphs kinda like these)

Second background clip entitled 'Genji', plays the short melody played on the string instrument, like some Japanese sounding harph, and it shows petals flying across the screen.

Obviously these two are the hints representing some kind of the style of the games to be announced.

SuperPac

I've got my fingers crossed that it will be the next version of their train simulator game or Kuma Uta. Kuma Uta 2, baby!

Mrbob

Marconelly said:
It'll probably be something I don't care about like Dark Cloud 5 or 'Yet another RPG Redux"

Dark Cloud 5??? We could only be so lucky if the series go this far!

Dark Cloud >>> ICO

Dark Cloud 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NICO

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I would heartily laugh if a game came out called "Nico" that had no relation to Ico. Doubly so if it was a WWII FPS.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It could be a programmer having a laugh..but dear lord, if it's not....::happiness::
At this point, I highly doubt it's a joke. Not only the name label is there, but a very Ico-ish looking glyphs and the gong sound. I doubt anyone would make those just for the bait and switch.

NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO NICO

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I hope it has nothing to do with ICO.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Met one of the guys who worked on Ico... when I asked him what he was working on now.. he told me he couldn't tell me...And when I said NICO?!? He just smiled and said I can't tell you........ now we know...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Matlock said:
Just like the original! Damn!

I'm confused. I mean, technically, you spend more time just WATCHING while playing a football game than you do in ICO. The game was almost entirely interactive. If you are going to insult something, you should at least attempt to fabricate something that could potentially hold a little water.

wazoo

I do not think NICO was never supposed to be cancelled. They were quietly preparing the sequel; Sony does not expect big sales from the sequel, it is a niche market, but it is always good to have a high rated award winnnig game in your portfolio (if you can afford it).

Top Bottom