• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJ: 2 big titles to be announced at Sept 10

Matlock

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
Wanda = what Nico became.

I'm guessing you'll be leading around the horse this time around, or possibly the other way around.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make gamers enjoy it.

Ill Saint

JackFrost2012 said:
Did anyone ever really expect it would be related to Ico? :)
Well, there was that large spread with horned characters on horseback overlooking a desert... and the images from the video had horned cahracters. No horns here though... still, it's Uedas new game. Works for me.

Jonnyram

For what it's worth, the intro to Wanda says "We're fighting to meet you again". I think the "again" may mean it has some relation to Ico, but it's obviously an iffy connection for now.

ferricide

OMG IT SEEMS TO NOT BE EXACTLY WHAT I HAD WANTED AND IMAGINED IT MIGHT BE, I HATE SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

nico-cover.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Maybe Wanda is the leader of a tribe, those boys with horns help her and you have to lead them so they can stop that Giant. I don't know, it all seems to cool though. :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Here's the full picture that I extracted from the SWF file. It's bigger than the flash site displays, and also does not suffer from re-compression that you get when making screenshots and saving them as JPEG.

Wanda.jpg

Looks like Final Fantasy XI to me, haha.
How many more weak trolling attempts before he gets banned?

Two observations:

1) The monster appears to be built of the same materials as the castle in Ico.

2) There is a subtle pattern on the armor of the horseback rider that looks very similar to Yorda's dress.

Matlock

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
I think controlling the horse would be a really neat gameplay mechanic.

All depends on how it's implemented, of course. With this, it looks like there's some real action to be had, which might just foist my love upon it when it does come out.

Also: bonus points for the Hellboy reference, Merm.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"1) The monster appears to be built of the same materials as the castle in Ico."

yeah, i noticed that.

then i wondered if the game is actually set IN the giant?

You know, with the "rooms" being dynamic as the beast moves, or as organs work (the beating heart, the rooms that fill with liquid (bladder) etc etc.... with you having to fight your way to the "brain" or whatever.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DCharlie said:
"1) The monster appears to be built of the same materials as the castle in Ico."

yeah, i noticed that.

No ;)

Oh well, probably yes :p

Socreges

Banned
DCharlie said:

You know, with the "rooms" being dynamic as the beast moves, or as organs work (the beating heart, the rooms that fill with liquid (bladder) etc etc.... with you having to fight your way to the "brain" or whatever.
You think too much.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
TTP said:
I wont! I'd get killed if I do!

Same thing will happen if you don't. :p

So is there more stuff coming today or must we wait until TGS?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yeah, i'd just go for you have to scale the outside....

made more difficult as it traverses different terrains...

or something.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
1) The monster appears to be built of the same materials as the castle in Ico.
Wow, great observation! If you look close, I think that monster has some constructions built on it, some indents and such things. Could that be 'roads' that you use to climb on it?

Monster looks very weird, like a mixture of flesh and stone. I like it a lot.

Girl trapped in Castle saved by Boy With Horns. Boy with Horns "trapped" inside Monster/ is the Monster.
Ico(or BWH, whatever) is the Castle/Monster saved by Wanda... right?

Shadows were central to the theme in Ico...

will there be any significance to the shadow the Monster casts on plot or gameplay?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wanda is clearly Nico or at the very least a spiritual successor to Ico. Hell, even the subtle subtle ambient wind noise on the Wanda page is Ico-ish.

Genji looks like it might be interesting too. I eagerly anticipate TGS info and media.

Grizzlyjin

I'm slow, I just noticed that weapon in the giant's hand. :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It wasn't a trolling attempt, jesus. It really does look like FFXI to me. :p
That was only the last of many simillar (and useless) posts that you made in this thread. Oh look, you actually made another one after that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Milhouse31 said:
Maybe i miss something but is Genji made by Game Republic (Yoshiki Okamoto team)
Looks that way. I see "Game Republic X Sony Computer Entertainment Japan" so I assume that's what it means.

acklame

wanda?! nico?!

:O :O :O

Top Bottom