• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJ: 2 big titles to be announced at Sept 10

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
wazoo said:
I do not think NICO was never supposed to be cancelled. They were quietly preparing the sequel; Sony does not expect big sales from the sequel, it is a niche market, but it is always good to have a high rated award winnnig game in your portfolio (if you can afford it).

Well, it might be appearing in the same fashion that ICO did. ICO was first shown well before release, but it was a VERY quiet showing. The game disappeared for a while only to return to E3 just prior to its Fall release date and blew me away. NICO appeared prior to E3 2003 in a leaked form, so perhaps the same applies here? They've been working for a long time on it, and the game is nearing completition...so they will now show it to the public.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
dark10x said:
Well, it might be appearing in the same fashion that ICO did. ICO was first shown well before release, but it was a VERY quiet showing. The game disappeared for a while only to return to E3 just prior to its Fall release date and blew me away. NICO appeared prior to E3 2003 in a leaked form, so perhaps the same applies here? They've been working for a long time on it, and the game is nearing completition...so they will now show it to the public.

Speaking of the game being quiet, how did it do around the world? I'm just curious if it was actually bigger in the US, UK or Japan or was just pretty small everywhere.
Its good for people to be excited about a game, but I just don't see how it could be considered a "big release" if the originally stayed pretty niche, and as such they'd expect the same from the sequel.

"Speaking of the game being quiet, how did it do around the world? I'm just curious if it was actually bigger in the US, UK or Japan or was just pretty small everywhere."

It did about about same everywhere I think (which isn't really that much). Although ICO's "the Best" has been sitting in AMazon Japan's top 25 best sellers all year long.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Mrbob said:
N(ot) ICO

NICO = Ni (2) + ICO

A Dark Cloud 3 (I heard it was to be called "Dark Odyssey") without the needlessly long dungeons would be amazing too :D

Soul4ger

My pants, they are teh soiled. I kinda wonder what Genji is. I think, when Sony finally gets around to announcing NICO, I still won't believe it. It's been far too long... Knowing SCEA, they'll pass it over and let UbiSoft bring it to North America. :p

ManDudeChild said:
They seem to have even "borrowed" the speculation as to what Genji could be without giving credit.
The two people who contributed to the story have "lived" in "Japan" and would have to be "stupid" to not know that.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Kobun Heat said:
The two people who contributed to the story have "lived" in "Japan" and would have to be "stupid" to not know that.
Of course they also were not "stupid" and decompiled the file to get the information. I really don't care about credits or not, but it's funny the Gamespot story is almost a recap of this GAF thread.

Blimblim, a clever fan

Blimblim said:
Of course they also were not "stupid" and decompiled the file to get the information. I really don't care about credits or not, but it's funny the Gamespot story is almost a recap of this GAF thread.

Blimblim, a clever fan

Indeed. A well thought out way of gathering news. If only the so called professionals knew how.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Despite reports to the contrary, GAF is not the source of all human knowledge and creativity.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Unless someone proves me wrong with some serious proof I can claim the "discovery" of the decompiled code. And guess where I posted that ?

BuddyC

TrainWreck.jpg

this is not going to go well. for anyone.

Soul4ger

What do you want? The people at GameSpot and IGN rarely credit Japanese sites or magazines when they get news from them, either. And I'd say that happens a lot more often, or they come here, see the news from the Japanese site, and take it either way. But it happens. YOU CAN'T START A REVOLUTION.

*Edit*

The sad thing about this whole situation, is there's no way to win. Either you don't source people, and take the brunt of their complaints, or you source everyone, like I did when I was at GAF (that's Games Are Fun), and people say you have little to no original content. Of course, we had that Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes story about six months before anyone else, but no one believed that. I never did get my promised head...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Haha, I remember that stupid movie.

Nico is a French female name (Broken Sword's main female character had that name actually) Maybe this time we will be in the control of a female character?

Gattsu25

Banned
Soul4ger said:
What do you want? The people at GameSpot and IGN rarely credit Japanese sites or magazines when they get news from them, either. And I'd say that happens a lot more often, or they come here, see the news from the Japanese site, and take it either way. But it happens. YOU CAN'T START A REVOLUTION.

yes you can...BE LIKE SUICIDE!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreenGiant said:
... :| is ICO really worth it? I can't find it cheap :'(
Where do you live? I see it new everywhere around here, and it's only $15.

And yes, it's worth it, albeit very short.

If SEGA were announcing 2 new games on September 10th, terrorist would fly planes into whatever objects appeared in said games the next day.

Only a couple more hours before we know the truth. I'm almost certain that another game in the ICO universe is coming though. The hyroglyphics on the site are very similar to those used in places like the elevator floor in ICO.

I also had a thought the other day. Ueda said something about how ICO was originally going to have a scenario where you are on a deserted island together.
Do you think the end of ICO could be intentionally setting up a sequel scenario where you really are on a deserted island? Even from an atmosphere and gameplay point of view it could work.

JasoNsider said:
Only around 14 more hours before we know the truth. I'm almost certain that another game in the ICO universe is coming though. The hyroglyphics on the site are very similar to those used in places like the elevator floor in ICO.

Fixed

First picture OMG!

nico2.gif

Just kidding. I wonder if they're showing the "old" trailer which no one - except for the guy who took the pictures - have seen, or brand new stuff.

Socreges

Banned
Just announced? In that the announcement of the announcement would defeat the purpose.

Or can we expect media or information?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
CVXFREAK said:
Damnit, why do I have to sleep soon? :(

Come on, man. You have to stay awake at least 9 more minutes. The world is watching!

That baby is going to hit 0. And when it does I want to see tons of speculation. :D

Top Bottom