• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jediyoshi said:
This..

..until I was looking through my chan folder and realized Pill has done a topless scene in a movie before and now my image of Kim is tarnished!
:finds .gif of her topless: Now my image of Kim is tarnished too!
gafsad-1.gif

No wait wait! I know the gif I've wanted since I saw it in the film. Chris Evans' reaction after Scott falls for his offer to help him up. :lol

Click 'em for fullsize:
Scullibundo said:
Envy's reaction to hearing Todd ate the Chicken dish.

Scullibundo said:
No wait wait! I know the gif I've wanted since I saw it in the film. Chris Evans' reaction after Scott falls for his offer to help him up. :lol

What scenes/frames of these would you want exactly, I can cut them and change their final resolution, etc. Anything else, anybody?

Scullibundo said:
Actually Kim's reaction to Scott cutting people in half is pretty priceless.
where in the film is this exactly?

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Saw both the technical and first cast commentaries last night. 4 hours well spent. Half the time in the cast commentary they were just naming restaurants they liked. :lol Wright and Pope should really get to work on Emoticon: The Movie.

Cuban Legend said:
Click 'em for fullsize:

What scenes/frames of these would you want exactly, I can cut them and change their final resolution, etc. Anything else, anybody?

where in the film is this exactly?

With the Chris Evans one, cut it down to after he hits Scott so its just his reaction. As for where the Kim one is, its the first time Scott confronts Gideon in the palace. During his sword fight where he's turning people into coins we get reactions from different members of the band and Kim's is hilarious.

mj1108

Just got done watching this for the first time. What an awesome movie. I LOVED it! Wish I would have seen it in theaters. :(

I'm split between Team Knives, Team Stacey and Team Ramona. I'd smang all 3 in a heartbeat.

micster said:
This arrived today

bWgzn.png

Well pleased with the cells selection

Where did you get that? That's awesome.

ezekial45

Banned
In all honestly, i wish this movie could get some Oscar noms for Editing and Sound Mixing. They managed to pull off some amazing feats with the editing and sound design. Even though the movie isn't really up the academy's alley, i wish it would get some recognition.

Tokubetsu

mj1108 said:
Just got done watching this for the first time. What an awesome movie. I LOVED it! Wish I would have seen it in theaters. :(

I'm split between Team Knives, Team Stacey and Team Ramona. I'd smang all 3 in a heartbeat.

Team Knives is the only one that matters.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
mj1108 said:
I'm split between Team Knives, Team Stacey and Team Ramona.
WTF, there's a Team Incest? Or do you just mean Team Kendrick, in which case you're misinterpreting the whole team thing here...

big ander

ezekial45 said:
In all honestly, i wish this movie could get some Oscar noms for Editing and Sound Mixing. They managed to pull off some amazing feats with the editing and sound design. Even though the movie isn't really up the academy's alley, i wish it would get some recognition.
I wish it would get a nod for those, but there isn't a chance in nega-universe hell.

jediyoshi

Cuban Legend said:
where is a repository of Scott Pilgrim film .gifs?

If anyone has any requests speak now.

I was going to go on a gif spree and then realized the DVD didnt have any of the extra features I wanted to make them out of and I don't have a BR drive ]:

Scullibundo said:
With the Chris Evans one, cut it down to after he hits Scott so its just his reaction. As for where the Kim one is, its the first time Scott confronts Gideon in the palace. During his sword fight where he's turning people into coins we get reactions from different members of the band and Kim's is hilarious.
Click for fullsize:

Let me know if these are good/if you have more requests.
The_Technomancer said:
Kim's stare at Scott and Ramona as they pass by. Man, all the best gifs are Kim moments, I swear :lol
When can i find this scene?

VariantX04

I like how Michael Cera's face is more expressive in this movie than his usual work. And not just during the action scenes. Also like how he extends some words phonetically ("bo-oring" and "dele-ete" come to mind). He did an awesome job as Scott.

I was gonna buy the DVD especially since it's never gonna be shown here in the Philippines... but after playing SC2 last free weekend, money's going there instead. I guess Scott can wait.:(

Why is the game so freaking expensive damnit Kotick

Shaneus

mj1108 said:

Seriously, holy shitballs that's insane. Ordering now, get it framed back here in Australia. Hopefully it survives transport!

Edit: How does it work with lighting etc.? Ideally I guess you'd get some kind of LED-type thing so you can see the frames.

Matt_C

Cuban Legend said:
where is a repository of Scott Pilgrim film .gifs?

If anyone has any requests speak now.
Wallace's boyfriend asking Scott if he was gay. I find that scene to be one of the funniest moments.

micster

Shaneus said:
Seriously, holy shitballs that's insane. Ordering now, get it framed back here in Australia. Hopefully it survives transport!

Edit: How does it work with lighting etc.? Ideally I guess you'd get some kind of LED-type thing so you can see the frames.

Well I took those pics of it against a window so I could see the cells clearly. When framed its darker but still visible [But seemingly not really when you try taking pictures to prove the point. Guess thats cos of glare/reflections on the glass]

lUYa6.png

k49de.png

You can always shine a light on to get a better view. But its still pretty cool.

Just seen this and.. man, was the whole boyfriend league thing really necessary? (I mean, yes, it was since the movie is based on the comic books but whatever). It all started off really good, Zelda music, garage rock, cute dream girl, but after the first fight scene everything plummets to hell in my opinion.

I really think this would have been better as a simple weird-nerdy teen movie, without any No More Heroes thing (and stuff) going on.

Mt Heart Attack said:
Just seen this and.. man, was the whole boyfriend league thing really necessary? (I mean, yes, it was since the movie is based on the comic books but whatever). It all started off really good, Zelda music, garage rock, cute dream girl, but after the first fight scene everything plummets to hell in my opinion.

I really think this would have been better as a simple weird-nerdy teen movie, without any No More Heroes thing (and stuff) going on.
What would pad the film with instead of the fights?

big ander

Mt Heart Attack said:

I have to be honest, this comment makes absolutely zero sense :lol
You were probably the only person who wanted another nerdy teen movie. Even when they're done right nowadays, they feel tiring.
The best way to think of this film is as a musical. But instead of breaking out in songs, they start fighting. If you really thought the action hurt it that badly, well...I don't know why you even picked up the movie in the first place.

Salaadin

I thought the movie started off good and then turned completely awesome. To each his own I guess.

I finally saw it a second time this past weekend and thought it was just as good as the first time. I was actually surprised since I usually dont enjoy rewatching too many movies.

_dementia said:
What would pad the film with instead of the fights?
Well, the relationship between the characters? I think the movie has a well-matched cast, too bad that from halfway through onwards nothing happens that really elaborates on the initial situation. It's like: oh cool, Zelda tunes, let's see, Scott is a slacker that dates a high school girl, he plays in a garage rock band, he meets a damn cute hipster girl, yeah I got the feeling this is going to be good, he manages to date her, and then fight fight fight fight fight the end. I don't really despise the fight scenes in themselves, it's just that I felt they were the only thing happening in the second half of the movie. I guess I could say that I found the pace in this movie to be kind of bad.

I have to be honest, this comment makes absolutely zero sense
You were probably the only person who wanted another nerdy teen movie. Even when they're done right nowadays, they feel tiring.
The best way to think of this film is as a musical. But instead of breaking out in songs, they start fighting. If you really thought the action hurt it that badly, well...I don't know why you even picked up the movie in the first place.

I saw some fragments of it here and there and I thought the artstyle was pretty neat, so I decided to give it a shot, I didn't know exactly what it was about. But don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it overall, music is great and the writing can be quite brilliant at times, it's a pretty unique film. And I think it would have been just as unique as a more standard teen movie, yes, we got loads of those, but nothing close to what this movie could have been if it had gone a different route, while keeping its general vibe. But yeah, to each his own.

VariantX04

6-parter? It would be shit compared to the tight product we have now. Sometimes I wonder what this movie would've been like without Edgar. Likely, a turd.

Dead

well not really...yet
lol 6 movies.

The movie definitely could have used more character, but due to the pace of the film, the editing, the style, its already just about as long as it can be IMO. Anything above 120 minutes would have really been pushing it.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dead said:
lol 6 movies.

The movie definitely could have used more character, but due to the pace of the film, the editing, the style, its already just about as long as it can be IMO. Anything above 120 minutes would have really been pushing it.
that's true, if youre going for an epic of epic epicness, you kinda need to keep it going full throttle, in which case itll have to run out of gas faster

Altazor

I would've done a 2 parter: vols. 1-3 for the first movie, and 4-6 for the second one... or maybe even just 5 and 6 for the second one. Something along the lines of ending the first movie in a high note (think about how Scott and Ramona's relationship was by the end of Vol. 4) only to mostly fall apart during the 2nd movie, dealing with Scott's journey of self-discovery and self-improvement, finding closure and beating the hell out of that douchebag Gideon Gordon Graves.

Then again, it would've bombed hard and the 2nd movie would not be made at all, thus we would've gotten only half the story.

big ander

Nah, I would have rather seen the story stretched out. To 6 movies. The books managed to stay high-throttle. It would have been awesome to see 6 movies do that. I'm still astounded at the high quality of what we have in this one movie.

timnich

After seeing the movie my first time, I was kinda lukewarm on it. For some reason I've seen it another 2 times and I've really grown to like it. I still prefer the source material, but the movie is a pretty good adaptation of the comics. Still think Cera wasn't the best choice for Scott, despite his pretty good performance.

VariantX04

big ander said:
Nah, I would have rather seen the story stretched out. To 6 movies. The books managed to stay high-throttle. It would have been awesome to see 6 movies do that. I'm still astounded at the high quality of what we have in this one movie.
Too much work and not enough material to cover what goes on in between. How slow would the movies be if they were extended to six parts? The idea of a single movie is perfect for Edgar's direction. A 6-parter would be beneficial to no one.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AgentWhiskersX said:
Too much work and not enough material to cover what goes on in between. How slow would the movies be if they were extended to six parts? The idea of a single movie is perfect for Edgar's direction. A 6-parter would be beneficial to no one.
Agreed. 2 movies would have worked - have the first one wrap after the Envy arc. This would let the second movie start from the summer / Lisa Miller arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom