• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol at people wanting 6 scott pilgrim movies. I'm reading the comics after seeing the movie, and boy is the movie better. The comics are fun, but they're nowhere near the energy that the movie achieved. Truly one of the best films of the year, too bad most of the serious critics didn't even bother seeing it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Here's something interesting. I was putting up some comics the other day when I ran across this Scott Pilgrim issue from Free Comic Book Day a few years ago -

14ngv9h.jpg

Didn't remember it, so I got it out and read it real quick. Thought this page was interesting -

vgsbw6.jpg

I had thought they made up that fight just for the movie, but apparently the Ramona-controls-Scott's-fists thing WAS in the comic, just not from the main set. In this comic he's fighting a bunch of girls that popped out of some movie posters on the street, and it is mentioned that it was "ninja magic" that brought them to life, with Ramona strongly hinting that she may have a ninja ex, so this would have been before the Roxy fight in the main books.

maharg

idspispopd
Considering each book takes maybe a half hour to read, stretching each one out to a movie would be kind of ridiculous.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Can anyone gif the part where Ramona is washing her hands in the bathroom? It's one of the many reasons Edgar Wright is awesome.

Jerk

Banned
Just saw the movie, and I cannot say I am really impressed; it is no wonder why it did not light up the charts.

Still, I did enjoy it.

Also, am I the only one that was confused as to why Scott ended up with
Ramona instead of Knives
?

I heard that there is an alternate ending that 'fixes' this.

VariantX04

I love Edgar and this movie and I've seen it a number of times but that Bollywood/hipster chick number always turns me off. The song is also catchy in a really bad way.

lol 6 movies

i agree with people saying it should have been 2 movies , that would have been sick.

Stacey Pligrim <3 :D

i might just buy it for $22 on amazon, i'm cheap i want it for $10 :p :lol

I just finished reading the first graphic novel, time to get the second.

G-Fex

Jerk 2.0 said:
Just saw the movie, and I cannot say I am really impressed; it is no wonder why it did not light up the charts.

Still, I did enjoy it.

Ramona instead of Knives
?

Third Alternate ending he ends up with Envy.

Fourth is the one where he ends up with Wallace.

Fifth is the one where he ends up with Stacey

ezekial45

Banned
Jerk 2.0 said:

Still, I did enjoy it.

Ramona instead of Knives
?

Yes, the alt ending is where he ends up with Knives. There's nothing really to "fix" anyway. The two endings seem to have people divided. I still think the Ramona ending works way better.

Definitely prefer the Ramona ending. Not only because Scott was fighting for her all along, but because to have Ramona walk out of the movie in the same shitty situation that she walked into the story with would really leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Plus we wouldn't get the awesome 'Ciao Knives'.

Envy is fucking awesome. I love the way she speaks in seductive whispers, its hilarious. Especially when she's on the phone with Scott.

I'm not telling you that. Ramona.
Ohhh...
What? Do you know her?
Whaaat? No..

Its all in the delivery. She'll say something really fast, followed by the drawing out of a line into whisper.

MNC

Mr. Sam said:
That's actually hilarious. Hilarious.
You son of a bitch I wanted to post that...

... When I feel like getting blazed back in my winney.

:lol I love his smug lines.

Edit: SERIOUSLY I WAS BEATEN WITH THAT TOO

VariantX04

Also a fan of the Ramona ending.

Satya played Patel flawlessly. And the reversal bit is my favorite shot in the movie, but the Bollywood act was cringe-worthy. Stacey's bewildered "what?" helped a bit though.

G-Fex

I thought them wearing the black and white clothes was homage to the beatles when they got managed and were going big.

I always thought that Scott Pilgrim would work best as either three or two movies. In the event of the three movies, the titles would be "vs. the World," "Gets it Together," and "Finest Hour."

VariantX04

I doubt there would be black friday deals on movies that came out two weeks ago. Amazon still has it listed at $24.99.

I'm at work right now gentlemen, soon I'll get to run off and make some more GIFs at home, starting from the oldest unfinished request.

If you haven't already you may also specify:

-your specific editing cut of requested scene
-gif size pixels &or file size [sml,med,lrg]

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
A Link to the Snitch said:
I always thought that Scott Pilgrim would work best as either three or two movies. In the event of the three movies, the titles would be "vs. the World," "Gets it Together," and "Finest Hour."
It's a really good thing they didn't do that. Based on ticket sales, we'd only ever see 1/3rd of the story.

So after emailing amazon about not receiving my digital copy code, i was told to contact Universal. Its been a week now and i have heard nothing. I am losing hope. I was told by the amazon guy to tell them what universal tells me, at which point i bet nothing will happen. Amazon has been great to me in the past, but i dont see how i can prove i never got it and get one replaced.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
A Link to the Snitch said:
That's true, but I'm speaking of the ideal situation plot-wise.
I think it's a fine enough idea. But personally I don't think Scott Pilgrim is epic enough to warrant that treatment... it's supposed to be a little silly and irreverent.. and having dramatic cliffhangers with movies releasing once a year doesn't really mesh with that.

I think we have the ideal scenario... a punchy little one-off adaptation of a movie, with a lengthier comic series to dive into, for people who want more.

Just watched this. Awesome visual style, of course, but the movie is pretty bad.

The first half just dragged on and on. It started picking up a little starting with Knives' highlights, but even then there were a lot of dull moments. I dunno; I guess its sense of humor didn't match up with mine. Also, Michael Cera didn't do the movie any favors. A comic book hero has to be sincere at times, and Cera can't sell sincere at all. He's just always the doofy, aloof dude.

The G-Man bits are good. And, again, the visuals are great. The concept had/has a lot of potential.

So any word on the DVD/Blu-Ray sales yet? I've been avoiding the movie news because I want to read through the comics first, but I hope it's fairing better in the home market compared to it's theatrical release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom