• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
petethepanda said:
SP might be the most endlessly rewatchable movie I've ever seen.

No shit. I already watched it about 10 times now and the other day, I wanted to test out my new PS3 slim by putting in a blu-ray disc. I watched the intro and after the credits, I just had to continue watching it. So good.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I fucking love this movie! Got it for Christmas (saw it in theaters), and it's great the second time!

Surprising my family really like it too. I wasn't sure whether they would, but they were cracking up. Has some of the best comedic timing of any movie I've ever seen.

I <3 Knives. :D

mj1108

petethepanda said:
SP might be the most endlessly rewatchable movie I've ever seen.

No kidding. I'm almost glad I didn't see it in theaters as I'd probably go back several times and rewatch it. :lol

Since I got the Blu-Ray right after Thanksgiving, I've watched it about a dozen times now and it's not getting old at all. Really entertaining...just absolutely love everything about it.

not to mention the massive crush I have on Ellen Wong in the movie....so adorable

got this for Christmas from my girlfriend:

156770_10150345959450387_651675386_16391027_869379_n.jpg

only the boxset and poster, I added in the bluray and movie ticket just for kicks.

Salsa

man i need that poster

i guess im gonna get all the books again for the poster D:

could gift the old books to a friend i guess

Watched this last night with my boyfriend. I'd seen it, he hadn't; I've read the books and he hasn't. He LOVED it like ice cream. It was even better the second time just because he was so excited about it all. Totally cute. :)

Mr. Sam

Anybody got a good question I could ask Edgar Wright on the 30th? I should be prepared just in case I get the opportunity. I was gonna ask him if he's planning to make Ant-Man as overtly "comic book" - with the onomatopoeia and such appearing on screen - as Scott Pilgrim. Not sure if that's any good.

Danj

Just picked this up on Blu-Ray at Tesco today (it's their #1 Blu-Ray of the Week, it just came out a couple days ago here in the UK). Watched it again (I saw it at the cinema the first time), still awesome. I &#9829; Ramona Flowers.

micster

Mr. Sam said:
Yeah, after the screening/Q&A.
The screenings at 8 in the evening isnt it? Signings 5:30 till 6:30. Would've liked to have gone to the screening and Q&A but I'd already booked my train tickets. And with the last train being at 11:30 I might've cut it a bit fine.

Mr. Sam

micster said:
The screenings at 8 in the evening isnt it? Signings 5:30 till 6:30. Would've liked to have gone to the screening and Q&A but I'd already booked my train tickets. And with the last train being at 11:30 I might've cut it a bit fine.

My friend got me the tickets. Haven't a clue about the times and such.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can anyone else not unsee Macaulay Culkin when they look at Wallace? I know they're brothers and all, but goddamn they look so much alike.

Prine

Banned
Watched this on XBL Zune. I dont like Cera so i didnt want to watch it but glad i did. Good movie.

Though i was hoping for a MGS reference.

Mr. Sam

Just got back from the Q & A. Edgar's put on weight. Hilarious and fascinating as ever though. It was also great watching the film in the company of tons of other fans. When I first saw it, it was literally just me and five others in the theatre.

Suairyu

Banned
I got the blu ray on Monday and I've already watched it four times now... and only the fourth viewing was with commentary. Scott Pilgrim = <3

Mr. Sam said:
Just got back from the Q & A. Edgar's put on weight. Hilarious and fascinating as ever though. It was also great watching the film in the company of tons of other fans. When I first saw it, it was literally just me and five others in the theatre.
Anything especially new/neat come up?

NekoFever

I watched this for the first time yesterday after buying the Blu-ray. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I pretty much watched the whole thing with a huge smile on my face.

Acid08

Banned
So happy to own a copy of this movie. No one I know saw this movie so I bring it everywhere with me to watch with people. I've already converted 6 people.

Mr. Sam

Suairyu said:
Anything especially new/neat come up?

I think it was largely stuff he'd already covered on the blu-ray/DVD. There were stories about having to clear cardboard cut-outs in the music store and other menial stuff like that that isn't particularly fascinating but was pretty hilarious in context.

micster said:

Watched the entire thing to see if I appeared in the background at any point. I didn't.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Downloaded the soundtrack the other day off Amazon and started to listen to it recently. The full version of Romona by Beck is surprisingly good. Apparently the song did get finished. :D

Phoenix

Just watched this movie and loved the crap out of it. Hate that I missed this in theaters. This movie was everything I hoped it would be and more. May have been a little longer than it needed to be but I loved it. LOVED IT!

mj1108

I've watched this movie I don't know how many times since I got the BluRay during Thanksgiving. This movie is just damn awesome all the way around. Not to mention all the extras on the BluRay as well....TONS upon TONS of extras. So far I've been through 2 of the 4 commentaries... looking forward to the other 2.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I just finished watching after consuming more Irish Cream than I should have. This is seriously something somebody should watch more on pot than alcohol. Pretty much throughout a good deal of it was "wtf?". This fulfills anyone with ADD and will upset the stomach of any drunk. As someone who has never read the comics and has experienced the movie for the first time tonight, I only have to ask what the hell did Ramona see in Scott? Scott reminds me a lot of myself in a way so believe me when I can say I don't see what she saw in him in the first place. Also, what a dick he was with the "Knife" (Asian girl). I liked her. But I guess to each their own. Overall, not too bad of a movie. I've seen more annoying "hipster" movies. Loved the game references (Clash at Demonhead for a band name... heh).

Green Scar said:
It took Cera 32 takes to land the package in the bin. :lol

This Blu-Ray is awesome. The Katayanagi scene still looks boss as shit.
I can't believe how well they held that together after all those takes. I'd have given up well before 32.

big ander

Darkmakaimura said:
I just finished watching after consuming more Irish Cream than I should have. This is seriously something somebody should watch more on pot than alcohol. Pretty much throughout a good deal of it was "wtf?". This fulfills anyone with ADD and will upset the stomach of any drunk. As someone who has never read the comics and has experienced the movie for the first time tonight, I only have to ask what the hell did Ramona see in Scott? Scott reminds me a lot of myself in a way so believe me when I can say I don't see what she saw in him in the first place. Also, what a dick he was with the "Knife" (Asian girl). I liked her. But I guess to each their own. Overall, not too bad of a movie. I've seen more annoying "hipster" movies. Loved the game references (Clash at Demonhead for a band name... heh).
"Knives" and Scott makes Ramona legitimately laugh on more than one occasion. Their chemistry becomes more and more obvious to me every time I see the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom