• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4raqx.gif

big ander

Oh man that new trailer is all kinds of awesome.
So Scott fights Gideon with swords. I don't know, I'm just anxious about the whole last part of the movie. Hopefully Wright makes it awesome.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I fear that all of this love from GAF towards this film, is a harbinger of its doom at the box office.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
At this point, I think it's fair to say that Cera has created his own version of Scott. It may not be the perfect Scott, and as others have said there may be several unknowns who would have translated the comic Scott much more literally - but this isn't just Cera's stock character on the screen.

Of course, part of that is Cera being placed in a superior framework around himself. It's a f**king Edgar Wright movie, it's a script based on Scott Pilgrim, and the supporting cast could probably drag the devil himself up to heaven and open up a parlay with god.

(This is honestly the finest ensemble cast I have seen in years, perhaps EVER if you count all 7 evil exes - and you should.)

Veidt said:
I fear that all of this love from GAF towards this film, is a harbinger of its doom at the box office.
who cares if that happens we got a good movie out of it and it will damage michael cera's career so it's basically a win-win

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
_dementia said:
who cares if that happens we got a good movie out of it and it will damage michael cera's career so it's basically a win-win
Damn, never thought of it like that :D

Ashhong

that...was...AMAZING

window jump not a part of the comics right? scott wasnt even home when Knives came looking for him after the breakup

Altazor

-tell it to the cleaning lady on monday.
-what?
-because you'll be dust by monday.
-um...
-because you'll be pulverized on 2 seconds. And the cleaning lady? She cleans up... dust... she dusts.

:lol :lol :lol

that and the jump-thru-the-window part made me LOL hard.

ultron87

The cleaning lady line is one of my favorites. I'm glad that made it into the movie.

I also have hope that
the "if your life had a face, I would punch it in the balls" line makes it as well.
Because that is probably my favorite from all the books.

Cyan

Banned
ultron87 said:
The cleaning lady line is one of my favorites. I'm glad that made it into the movie.

I also have hope that
the "if your life had a face, I would punch it in the balls" line makes it as well.
Because that is probably my favorite from all the books.
Pretty sure that was in that trailer.

mello

_dementia said:

If it's critically as well as financially successful it would mean more awesome projects on the table for Edgar. :p

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
mello said:
If it's critically as well as financially successful it would mean more awesome projects on the table for Edgar. :p
Edgar's already proven himself. He has plenty of upcoming projects as it is. But I would still love to see this movie get the success and recognition it deserves.

Foob

Hey where can I get a blue parka/coat like the one cera has in the trailer? Looks pretty much exactly like the one in the comic, but I could never figure out where I could find one...

Salsa

Hate the word but

jq52lk.jpg

that.. was epic.

More focused on comedy instead of action (like the previous ones), love it. I keep being amazed at the stuff they left in.

Truly, my most anticipated movie in a long time.

And im out as well, no more trailers for me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
PedroLumpy said:
Decent shot of Envy in there. Don't think I had seen her in any of the previous trailers.
She's been in the past trailers, but only in a few frames here and there.

FUUUCK I just moved to Burbank and if I had known about that I would have taken tonight off from work to go! MOTHER FUCK!

Also, that new trailer is INSANE. This movie is going to be PERFECT.

IMDB Trivia said:
One of the evil exes that Scott (Michael Cera) must defeat is Roxy Richter (Mae Whitman) who previously played Cera's character's girlfriend in "Arrested Development" (2003).

I shit you not, when I read this I said out loud and without thinking about it:

"Her?"

I caught myself and nearly laughed myself silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom