• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

I've been loving the trailers for a while now, but I finally bought and read Volume 1. Great stuff. The rest have been ordered. :D

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
BenjaminBirdie said:
LTTP but this sentiment is such tired bullshit I yarked on my dinosaur.

How is it tired bullshit? Look at Costanza and his past references to being upset when something he thought was cool and underground suddenly became popular. I know he isn't the only person to think that way,but did I say it was everyone who ever loved Scott Pilgrim? No I didn't. If it was everyone I would be raising hell on all of you because I don't know anyone else who has been following O'Malley's work since Lost at Sea.

derFeef

big ander said:
I've been loving the trailers for a while now, but I finally bought and read Volume 1. Great stuff. The rest have been ordered. :D
I ordered the first 3. Then got the advice in here to order all 5. It was a good advice because I read all in one day. Nomnomsogood!

daegan

XiaNaphryz said:
Do we really need to repeat information from the other 2 SP threads? It almost makes it seem like there should just be one. :lol

EDIT: Damnit, you created a second gaming thread? So now there's 4 SP threads? :p

maybe if the google box didn't suck

edit: while I didn't know that the previous game thread had been updated when I made another one, I seem to have been seeing a little open debate here and there amongst the GAF admins/mods about whether major new news/details on a title should be in a old thread or a new thread.

wenis said:
How is it tired bullshit? Look at Costanza and his past references to being upset when something he thought was cool and underground suddenly became popular. I know he isn't the only person to think that way,but did I say it was everyone who ever loved Scott Pilgrim? No I didn't. If it was everyone I would be raising hell on all of you because I don't know anyone else who has been following O'Malley's work since Lost at Sea.

Yeah, that's Costanza. You said fans, plural. I'm a fan and I remember hearing that kind of sentiment when I had my first beer.

Salsa

:( at no new footage on the second tv spot.

At least SF alpha 3`s KO on the reversal is back, i was afraid it was a trailer-only thing, it better be on the movie.

Yeah, I'm hoping for that KO sound to make it to the movie too. Also, the new clip showing Scott against Lucas Lee's stunt doubles is a pretty good idea and very video game-like even though it didn't really happen in the comics.

big ander

Just finished Vol. 2. Still really liking it, but I'm glad the Lucas Lee fight is longer in the movie (from what we see). I thought it was a little lame.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
mmmmm...

2ly2361.jpg

I actually get this weird vibe where I dislike the trailers for some reason yet at the same time the trailers indicate to me that the movie will be awesome.

I think maybe I just hate movie trailers.

Just finished all 5 comics. So good, easily some of my favorite comics ever. I am now in a Scott Pilgrim fever, and cannot wait for the video game, film, and volume 6. :lol :lol

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Inferno313 said:
Just finished all 5 comics. So good, easily some of my favorite comics ever. I am now in a Scott Pilgrim fever, and cannot wait for the video game, film, and volume 6. :lol :lol
I'm assuming it didn't take you long. :lol

I'm still dumbfounded by the fact that this shit is so addictive to read. I remember re-reading all 5 volumes in a few days.

Salsa

Bill-Hader-Not-Tough.jpg

We’ve known most of the cast of Edgar Wright’s upcoming Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for some time, but a tweet from the director today revealed one more name we didn’t previously have: Bill Hader. Wright said, ““Just did some final ADR sessions with Jason Schwartzman, Garth Jennings and Bill Hader.” He followed that up with a note that “Those with sharp ears can hear Mr. Hader in the trailer.”

This movie keeps getting better.

AgentWhiskersX said:
I'm assuming it didn't take you long. :lol

I'm still dumbfounded by the fact that this shit is so addictive to read. I remember re-reading all 5 volumes in a few days.

Haha, yeah. I read 1-2 in about an hour or so on Friday, then I had to wait until the next day for the library to get volume 3 in. Once I got that, I read volumes 3-5 in one 90 minute sitting.

So good.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think that's the first time Routh has ever caused me to laugh :lol Honestly he pulled those lines off perfectly.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
New trailer is pretty good but is a little less impactful than the other ones. Some of the clips seem to run a bit long IMO (which is an odd criticism for a trailer but there ya go). Still, I'm unreal hyped for this movie still. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!

Thanks to you guys I snapped up all 5 books and just finished number 1 then. Really funny stuff, I'm not really a comic guy so I didn't know if I'd like it going in but they were cheap and I'm a nerd :) Pleased with my spendage.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
BenjaminBirdie said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Jumping through the window.

Perfect movie is perfect.
OH MY GOD :lol
This is by far the best trailer so far. And it actually shows a bit more of Knives which is nifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom