• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeke

Banned
Dude needs to quit putting the pussy on the pedestal. No chick is worth dying 13 times. Especially the chick in those commercials. Fuck that.

ReiGun

The first trailer for this movie got me interested enough to go out and buy Vol. 1 of the comic. Loved it, and now I really want to watch the movie. Can anyone who's been keeping up with the film news tell me if I'll be good continuing to read after I've seen the movie? (I've been avoiding this thread like the plague to avoid getting too curious and looking at spoilers, so I'm not sure.)

Altazor

ReiGun said:
The first trailer for this movie got me interested enough to go out and buy Vol. 1 of the comic. Loved it, and now I really want to watch the movie. Can anyone who's been keeping up with the film news tell me if I'll be good continuing to read after I've seen the movie? (I've been avoiding this thread like the plague to avoid getting too curious and looking at spoilers, so I'm not sure.)

the movie follows the plot closely until vol. 3, then it's just "loosely based" on the other 3. Read the whole series first, you won't be disappointed.

ReiGun

Altazor said:
the movie follows the plot closely until vol. 3, then it's just "loosely based" on the other 3. Read the whole series first, you won't be disappointed.
Good to hear. Guess I'll at least try to get my hands on volumes 2 and 3 before watching the movie. Still gonna finish the series.

Aselith

Brian Fellows said:
lucy.jpg

I loves me some Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Me too. I didn't really think about this movie too much wasn't planning on watching and then saw she was in it and thought, "Hey, maybe I should go to opening night."

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I'm way more pumped for this then I was for Inception. Nolan's epic scope is great and all, but I just love Wright's originality and overall quirkiness. Any screenings in NYC happening between July 28 and August 5?

jett

D-Member
Cornballer said:
- Sepinwall's writeup on the film/concert from last night:'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World' rocks Comic-Con

Well, I was a little concerned when I saw the trailer, since it focused almost entirely on the battle scenes, and the book is about so much more. And because the film is condensing six volumes and six battles (two of the exes are twin brothers who fight Scott together) into around 100 minutes, the battles do, in fact, take up a large chunk of the running time, at the expense of some subplots (Scott's job search, Knives' father, the band's creative troubles and pretty much anything to do with Kim, to name a few) that made the reading experience richer.

I figured this was gonna happen, sigh. Fighting was the least entertaining part of the books.

jett said:
I figured this was gonna happen, sigh. Fighting was the least entertaining part of the books.

But the fight sequences from the books have been beefed up in the films. Apparently they are very entertaining.

SpudBud

Well, I was a little concerned when I saw the trailer, since it focused almost entirely on the battle scenes, and the book is about so much more. And because the film is condensing six volumes and six battles (two of the exes are twin brothers who fight Scott together) into around 100 minutes, the battles do, in fact, take up a large chunk of the running time, at the expense of some subplots (Scott's job search, Knives' father, the band's creative troubles and pretty much anything to do with Kim, to name a few) that made the reading experience richer.
That's a bummer. :/

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It looks like Kieran is getting lots, and I mean *lots* of praise. Expected, but welcomed anyway; I think Wallace is one of the characters that could really make the movie or break it.

If we could only get a little more Kim :(

Funky Papa said:
If we could only get a little more Kim :(
Yeah, I'm absolutely on team Kim, but I guess that's the price for squeezing 3-6 books into one movie. You have to focus on the story between Scott and Ramona.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Funky Papa said:
Edgar needs to get his shit together and throw a Ramona+Kim spin-off.

Or something.
A Lisa + Kim spin off would work better. Because they ignored the flashback stuff and Lisa Miller plotlines, they can work that as the backstory for it.

Might as well view Scott Pilgrim in the same way we're meant to view the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - every iteration is the same basic story, just told a little differently so that they can each be their own entity.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
BenjaminBirdie said:
World's End, ______, and ____________?

From le wiki

Wright has been developing Ant-Man, a live-action film about the Marvel Comics superhero, since summer of 2006. He also has numerous projects in development, including Them, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Baby Driver, and The World's End, the final entry in the "Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy".
and he's a writer for tin tin!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
jon bones said:
scott pilgrim
ant man
tin tin

fuck me this dude rules
It's why he's my favorite director. :D

Also, there's live stream of Comic-Con interviews with Edgar Wright and the cast of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World coming up on MySpace in a few.

Tron Legacy interview's on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom