• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

discohiro

big ander said:
...Aubrey Plaza is pregnant?
Could have sworn to god that something like 2 days ago she said on a late night show "I'm not dating anyone, you'd have to put a baby in me or get nothing, so no nothing right now." And google returns nothing.
A few days ago she posted something on Twitter about getting a baby out of her.

EDIT:
Found an interview she did a few nights ago on AotS where she commented on it. http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/moviesandtv/71735/Aubrey-Plaza-on-Scott-Pilgrim-vs-The-World.html

Arozay

Saw it yesterday, it was good overall despite the differences to the comics,
thought it was good they didn't go in to the sub-space stuff as much but due to that the Gideon stuff wasn't as fleshed out.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Heh. Nice callback.

:D

Hah, look. I want to like this film as much as everyone else does...I'm considering going to a midnight or wait till early/matinee showing. Maybe I need a second viewing, let it marinate. As I stated, my biggest gripes were the 'pacing' and Micheal Cera's 'interpretation' of Scott Pilgrim...everything else was near pitch perfect (From the kick arse music to the faithfully depicted action scenes, etc.). The OST is in HEAVY rotation. Sooo good.

Assembly Required said:
Hah, look. I want to like this film as much as everyone else does...I'm considering going to a midnight or wait till early/matinee showing. Maybe I need a second viewing, let it marinate. As I stated, my biggest gripes were the 'pacing' and Micheal Cera's 'interpretation' of Scott Pilgrim...everything else was near pitch perfect (From the kick arse music to the faithfully depicted action scenes, etc.). The OST is in HEAVY rotation. Sooo good.

I hear you, man. It's all japes between bros. I admit, I went in wanting to fall in love with it, and it never fucked up enough to keep me from doing so. There might be plenty wrong with it that just never made it to my forebrain.

It's pacing issues aren't even really an issue unless you're expecting the movie to capture the time frame and longevity of the comics, which it simply can't. Instead of taking over a year, detailing the battle of the relationship as WELL as the exes, it's more of a week-long battle to find the true personality of Ramona and Scott in order to make the relationship work. Take it like that, and the movie fucking nails it.

DeathbyVolcano said:
It's pacing issues aren't even really an issue unless you're expecting the movie to capture the time frame and longevity of the comics, which it simply can't. Instead of taking over a year, detailing the battle of the relationship as WELL as the exes, it's more of a week-long battle to find the true personality of Ramona and Scott in order to make the relationship work. Take it like that, and the movie fucking nails it.

That's how I saw it. I didn't mind the pacing at all, because the movie just carries you on its back the whole time.

Zodzilla

Just got back from an early (by a few hours) screening. Awesome movie! As awesome as the comics? Nope. But I'll be damned if there aren't some great new gags and action scenes. After the film, I turned to my friend's girlfriend and she was fucking pumped about what she just saw. The girl hasn't read the comics and didn't know very much about the film at the start.

I have a feeling this one will have a long tail.

Plus, what else is there for the 20 something ADD addled crowd this year? This kicks the ever living fuck out of Transformers 2, that's for sure. :D

big ander

discohiro said:
A few days ago she posted something on Twitter about getting a baby out of her.

EDIT:
Found an interview she did a few nights ago on AotS where she commented on it. http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/moviesandtv/71735/Aubrey-Plaza-on-Scott-Pilgrim-vs-The-World.html
That's strange, on the 7th she tweets "get this baby out of me" but calls it a drunk tweet on the 10th. On the 9th, she says she's in zero relationships and if she doesn't do relationships at all. Someone would have to put a baby in her.
She's so weird, and yet I'd still rail her.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Alright, headed to a midnight showing tonight. Can't wait can't wait :D

Also, I finally got around to watching Superbad last week, and I think I am a genuine Cera fan now. I dunno, I really like him.

Puddles

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Alright, headed to a midnight showing tonight. Can't wait can't wait :D

Also, I finally got around to watching Superbad last week, and I think I am a genuine Cera fan now. I dunno, I really like him.

Zombieland was what did it for me.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
AAAAWWKWARD

I had no idea the chick from Parks and Recreation was in this. Awesome! I guess she hates Cera as much as GAF.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
DeathbyVolcano said:
I guarantee that's a joke. She's a comedian and seems to enjoy that type of comedy. And Michael Cera joins in on that comedy too. Its nothing.
I sincerely doubt it was a stunt for Sun TV. That was seriously awkward.. I don't sense it was an act at all.

Berkoff

Banned
DeathbyVolcano said:
I guarantee that's a joke. She's a comedian and seems to enjoy that type of comedy. And Michael Cera joins in on that comedy too. Its nothing.

Ehh i know thats her style of comedy, but i think they dated for a while so i wouldn't guarantee that it was all a joke.

Berkoff said:
Ehh i know thats her style of comedy, but i think they dated for a while so i wouldn't guarantee that it was all a joke.

for real? wow

shes way out of his league

wasnt he dating that asian chick from knocked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom