• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

MNC

Awesome! Good price for quite alot it seems. I wonder what free for all will be... Battle on the field that was in the credits?

Chairhome

Yeah, I think the post was a bit confusing. The drop in/drop out and the update will be patched in at the same time, but you just have to pay for the new character and modes. It will coincide with the Blu-ray/DVD release, which is November 9 :-D

MNC

Normal (FREE) update:

Drop in Drop Out
Fixes (Difficulty tweaking mostly)

Rest is DLC. Was a bit confusing in the summary in that post.

ezekial45 said:
DLC incoming:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/30/scott-pilgrim-dlc-delivers-new-character-modes-in-november/

$1.99 on PSN/160 MS points

- Knives Chau playable
- Dodgeball and Free-for-all gameplay modes

Normal update incoming:
- Fixes for several bugs
- Adds in Drop-in/Drop-out co-op (offline)
Too little too late for my circle of friends. We're all burned out on the game :/
This kind of update would have performed better if the game supported online play, I feel.

xemumanic

I'm happy for these, its an obvious buy, and I'll be playing it for another week because of this but, where's the goddamned online play? I don't care they didn't plan it or whatever, DO IT. I'd gladly pay another $5 for an online co-op DLC.

I'm just happy to see the bugs fixed, finally.

Anyone think maybe they might pack a voucher in with the DVD/BD for the DLC? $2 isn't much anyway, but it'd be a nice incentive for those that were thinking of buying the disc as well as a nice bonus for those of us who will be buying it for sure.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sounds like loads for $2. Are we sure it's not $2 for each piece seperately?

Wonder if everyone will have a special ball throw similiar to real Super Dodgeball...? (Probably just the same dashing Y throw they already have, sadly...)

Knives finally playable, wo0T! Lookin forward to it. Maybe her Striker will he either of her parents? Would be pretty cool if she recieved a purely original Striker, too...

FFA is a classic Beat-em-Up staple, so while I doubt I'll DO much with it, it's good to see it there. Mini Smash Bro.s, ha, more like the battle modes from games like Combatribes and Streets of Rage...

mollipen

ezekial45 said:
- Adds in Drop-in/Drop-out co-op...

OMG AWESOME THIS IS THE BEST DAY EV...

...(offline)

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!

Whoever made the decision to make this game in one of the shittest platforms in existence (Flash) needs to have unspeakable things done to them repeatedly for years and years.

hikarutilmitt said:
I'm just happy to see the bugs fixed, finally.

Anyone think maybe they might pack a voucher in with the DVD/BD for the DLC? $2 isn't much anyway, but it'd be a nice incentive for those that were thinking of buying the disc as well as a nice bonus for those of us who will be buying it for sure.

This is what I thought they were going to do before this was confirmed. A damn shame that we won't get any more DLC nor online at all.

But at $2 that's a steal so I'll get it.

I think I need to quote myself because it bears repeating.

ReXXXSoprano said:
I'll say it again. If they didn't have that type of schedule then I think we would've had a far better final product.

They should just go ahead and make Super Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game: Death to Hipsters Dash Turbo HD Lesbian Remix Edition.

Free damn money if they put the online in it. If Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled had online in it there was no reason for this game not to have it. Should've been high on the list of priorities to make a great game even better. And if they were going to do a sequel they have pretty much a blank slate as far as story goes and adding stuff that wasn't in the first game like the
Scott X Kim RCR Flashback
. I think it has a chance of happening if the people who can make it happen want it to.

Was this game patched at all lately? going to finally buy the title on 360 and just wondered if they fixed those random crashes people are, or well getting.

I am lttp when it comes to trying the demo but I loved it, will be playing the game tonight once I get a few hours to sink in, this game makes me think about the cool megadrive fighters I use to play as a kid :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Princess Skittles said:
Important key word.
What are you implying? I think the game itself is SIGNIFICANTLY better than River City Ransom. It's not uncommon for more modern attempts at a retro game to fall short, but that is not the case here.

Princess Skittles said:
Important key word.
Which luckily doesn't matter because it plays just like RCR, it's not just the shops and coins. The combat style and timing are just the same IMO, at least the way I played RCR on advanced. You whip a trach can at someone's head, dash in to hit again, hit them on the ground, then dash again as they stand then finisher or jump kick to dash-throw if they aren't dead. Same Exact Thing, it's easy :D

Rikyfree

BobTheFork said:
Which luckily doesn't matter because it plays just like RCR, it's not just the shops and coins. The combat style and timing are just the same IMO, at least the way I played RCR on advanced. You whip a trach can at someone's head, dash in to hit again, hit them on the ground, then dash again as they stand then finisher or jump kick to dash-throw if they aren't dead. Same Exact Thing, it's easy :D
And completely awesome, too! Anyone know when the DLC for this hits? I hope on Tuesday!

CO_Andy

Just bought Scott Pilgrim, and it's not a bad RCR clone. It's missing some of the RCR magic though, the lil details that made it such a charming game: an eating animation, running into walls, a smile from the lunch menu... stuff like that.

RCR was not a spectacular beat-em up, but the game was just so much dumb fun you didn't honestly cared. Scotty fails in this regard, but i simply love the game for its visual and audio bliss.

CO_Andy said:
Just bought Scott Pilgrim, and it's not a bad RCR clone. It's missing some of the RCR magic though, the lil details that made it such a charming game: an eating animation, running into walls, a smile from the lunch menu... stuff like that.

RCR was not a spectacular beat-em up, but the game was just so much dumb fun you didn't honestly cared. Scotty fails in this regard, but i simply love the game for its visual and audio bliss.
Wtf, yes it was! Arrrrrr! It's better than so many beat-em up that came after it. Better humor, better character building, better music, better character design and great combat too.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
dark10x said:
What are you implying? I think the game itself is SIGNIFICANTLY better than River City Ransom. It's not uncommon for more modern attempts at a retro game to fall short, but that is not the case here.
I didn't really feel so, but eh, opinions and all that. I tried to enjoy it despite a heated hate for Scott Pilgrim, so maybe that had an effect even if I was sincerely giving it a chance on its own merits.

One day I will beat this game. But then again I only ever play this with a specific group of friends
(all of whom are going with me to the special screening of the movie tonight, funnily enough)
and we almost never make progress since we play on Supreme Master and would never buy anything because we wanted to get the secret shop for paying off the late fees before realizing that it FUCKING SUCKS.

PS: I love this game and think it's way better than River City Ransom, a game that essentially lived in my GBA for close to a year.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Princess Skittles said:
I didn't really feel so, but eh, opinions and all that. I tried to enjoy it despite a heated hate for Scott Pilgrim, so maybe that had an effect even if I was sincerely giving it a chance on its own merits.
What about the game made you feel that way? Mechanically, it's similar to RCR, but ultimately offers a larger move set. It's also just feels better simply due to superior sprites (the RCR sprites are iconic, but ugly and poorly animated). Games of this type always benefit from larger, well animated sprites with proper impact behind the hits.

It also features a killer soundtrack.

All of those elements really gelled for me and resulted in a very kinetic experience. I'll admit that I wasn't as keen on it at the start when your move set is limited, but once you start to build the moves list and become better at the game, the fun increases dramatically.

What did you think RCR did better? I really can't think of anything.

MNC

Wow, really weak. This is basically Nega scott... And Nega Scott had a 'reason' for having a copied move list.

kiryogi

Banned
Well as explained earlier, there was a point in the comics where Kim nentions that Knives is totally copying her style :lol Yeah it's weak.

derFeef

Bought it yesterday because of the price. Loved the first world but I am so bad at the game. :lol They need to add online coop. Please!

Dodgeball doesn't make any sense. You grab the ball, throw it, knock down foes like bowling pins and then it's back to the main menu.

Where's the challenge?

Beardz

RadioHeadAche said:
Dodgeball doesn't make any sense. You grab the ball, throw it, knock down foes like bowling pins and then it's back to the main menu.

Where's the challenge?

Really?! wtf, I was expecting something like super dodgeball! :(

Top Bottom