• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was another really fun one. I especially liked both the Arby's and the "OMG are you hitting on me? Because I heard munching box is what killed Michael Douglas." jokes.

Frat bro getting his arms chainsawed off to the dulcet tones of the Backstreet Boys?

This is the greatest cultural achievement humanity has yet produced. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
a081e6b85b.gif

This episode was outstanding. That Backstreet Frat Boys sequence was just utter gold all the way through.

Love the security guard sleuth lady.

I was thinking Earmuff Chanel and Predatory Lez were gonna get it on.

Love how bizarrely un-network the dialogue is. America's finally growing up.

That is a shitty white noise machine.

Everything about that episode was golden. The white noise machine, the Arby's joke, Chad's letter...

but the thing that made me laugh the hardest was that dramatic zoom-in on the fire hydrant.

I feel like the last EP was up at 12am PT, so hopefully not much longer!!! Although Muppets aired an hour earlier and that still isn't up; unless different networks have different deals with Hulu?

I think you're right. Sooner is better than later though. *refreshes Hulu*

Carrie Fisher's daughter is hilarious god everytime shes on screen I keep seeing her mom in her hahaha I'm I totally thinking the earmuffs are a princess Leia reference

Carrie Fisher's daughter is hilarious god everytime shes on screen I keep seeing her mom in her hahaha I'm I totally thinking the earmuffs are a princess Leia reference

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought she looked so familiar, I didn't realise though, that Scream Queens is her first big role. She looks familiar because she looks so much like Carrie Fisher.

Holy shit after what was honestly a terrible pilot (first hour last week), this show has been amazing since episode 2 (the second hour).

This episode was fucking hilarious. Just amazing witty and crazy stuff.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Loved the episode
only bit I'm annoyed at is they missed the chance for a monty python reference with the frat boy getting killed (or just maimed? seemed like he was still alive at the end)

Loved the episode
only bit I'm annoyed at is they missed the chance for a monty python reference with the frat boy getting killed (or just maimed? seemed like he was still alive at the end)

I'll be very surprised if he lives. Not only is the show comfortable with regular death, but it would only take a few minutes to bleed out with major arteries severed like that.

-shadow-

Watched the first two episodes last night and will watch the next as soon as I can. Really enjoyed the two episodes and its humor. The insane over the top style is wonderful and Roberts is great. Can't wait to see which way this is going.

Delio

Anyone else get the feeling that
the dad is in cahoots with the mastermind (or is the mastermind)? He has done several things across the episodes that seem fishy to me.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Did I miss a bit when the twins were shown?

Anyone else get the feeling that
the dad is in cahoots with the mastermind (or is the mastermind)? He has done several things across the episodes that seem fishy to me.

Honestly I'm suspicious as fuck of everyone right now

Matt_

They were at the meeting Chad held when they planned the attack, and at the attack itself.

They were also there last week when Boone was found.

oh thanks
I couldnt look at anything but the guy that got killed's weird lips

Just watched last night's episode. Yep, this is still amazing. Can't wait for next week, though I wish this and Agents of Shield weren't airing at the same time.

Glad the show is still keeping the amazing factor. It is a great mix of serious and humor.

Edit: Backstreet scene is the best thing ever.

Its funny in that Scream will kinda reference or make fun of something then Scream Queens will do something that seems like a direct insult to it.
(im 3 episodes in each)

Watching them side by side its like Frat Bro is a direct response to the MC's boyfriend(I know its just the archetype but its hilarious).

I know the actress is 29, but Chanel #6 looks ten years older with the headgear off and hair done up. She goes from cute freshman pledge to elegant woman. It's not a bad look for the actress, but it's off-putting in character.

Taruranto

Going by the first two episodes, I thought the killer only targeted women, but it seems I was wrong.

The dad is suspicious as hell, but given that Nick Jonas is obviously one of the killers, I dunno how they could be tied.

Chanel #3 and Black Best Friend seem obvious red herrings.

I know the actress is 29, but Chanel #6 looks ten years older with the headgear off and hair done up. She goes from cute freshman pledge to elegant woman. It's not a bad look for the actress, but it's off-putting in character.
Lea Michele is odd in that she really looks a certain age via outfit. It was really odd on her Glee run since she can pass as a 16 year old and then in a pretty outfit she looks 26.

Munter

My theory: the dad is the father of the baby seen in the first episode (which is his daughter) and he is out to get revenge on the frat members for leaving his girlfriend to die after giving birth. He stays close to his daughter so he knows who to target. Not sure how he's related to Jonas brother though, maybe they're gay lovers...

Aiii

So not worth it
I was on the fence about this show for a long time, but then came the scene with the white noise machine. And I'm fully on board now, this show is great!

Episode was an absolute blast.

Chanel #5 declaration that she's been spit roasted and Eiffel Towered by the Golf Twins. Plus her general attitude towards everything. She's so indignant and catty. I think she's becoming my second favorite character on the show, right after Chanel.

The introduction of Cony and his quick dispatching. Not gonna lie. I was laughing uncontrollably during his fight with Red Devil.

Chad's letter.

The frat boys calling out the Red Devil to the tune of Backstreet. The close up of the fire hydrant and the ensuing battle royal.

Hester's unbelievably painful transformation into Chanel #6. Every moment of pain is tots worth it. She gets to hold Chanel's hair back on purge nights!

The noise machine.

This show feels like Ryan Murphy distilled down to a single hour of gloriously camp trash television. I hope he can keep it focused for once.

a lot good music cues
Bone Thugs and Harmony
Backstreet boys.while a guy's arms getting cut off. LOL

Also that mini Coney trailer. I was rooting for him at the end

FaceTurn

When Chanel brings out Neckbrace after the makeover and Chanel #5 calls her out, she says two Chanels are dead. Maybe I'm just forgetful but hasn't only Chanel #2 died unless she's counting Boon as a Chanel?

When Chanel brings out Neckbrace after the makeover and Chanel #5 calls her out, she says two Chanels are dead. Maybe I'm just forgetful but hasn't only Chanel #2 died unless she's counting Boon as a Chanel?
It was a weird thing to say, but she may of just been referring to Chanel #4.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
My theory: the dad is the father of the baby seen in the first episode (which is his daughter) and he is out to get revenge on the frat members for leaving his girlfriend to die after giving birth. He stays close to his daughter so he knows who to target. Not sure how he's related to Jonas brother though, maybe they're gay lovers...

The baby was born 20 years ago, so it can't be dad.

Hilarious episode overall. Loving this show. The dialogue is so saucy in this! I guess it's abstract nature and rapid fire delivery manages to give it a pass for broadcast TV.

j-wood

Idk guys, everyone is raving about this show in this thread but...I think i'm out after the first two episodes.

The plot seems fine, but it's almost TOO slapstick for my taste. Like the girl dying, then waking up to hit enter, then dying again. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Top Bottom