• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

Etzer

Saw the pilot. It was ridiculous and I loved it. Am I crazy or was that a Serial reference?
"Name one bad thing that's ever happened in a Best Buy parking lot."

FaceTurn

Saw an ad on tele which made me curious. Just finished the first ep and thought it was quite hilarious. Count me in for the ride.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It's probably too early to discuss whether a second season will follow, but it appears Fox have possibly registered and trademarked a follow-up title: "Scream Queens:
Summer Camp
"
. It's a direction I'm sure most of us are expecting Scream Queens to take.

Oh my god, please!!!!

Also looking at other discussion boards, I'm not sure word of mouth is as positive as it is here. Lots of people don't like the show.

I was at the mall last night and came across a Red Devil mask from the show, and I had to get it. Of course, I'm still planning to be Harley Quinn on Halloween, but I'm hoping there will be other parties and chances to dress up as the SQ murderer in the mean time.

I was at the mall last night and came across a Red Devil mask from the show, and I had to get it. Of course, I'm still planning to be Harley Quinn on Halloween, but I'm hoping there will be other parties and chances to dress up as the SQ murderer in the mean time.

As an official Scream Queens mask, or a generic one?

strafer

That's cool =)

What harley style are you going for? the margot robbie one?

That's cool =)

What harley style are you going for? the margot robbie one?

Heh, didn't expect you to reappear in the thread after saying you didn't like it that much (which is fine; I respect your opinion). I don't really feel a need to defend the show. It is what it is.

Yeah, I'll be doing the Margot Robbie HQ. Halloween is my favorite holiday, so this show couldn't have come at a better time! :)

strafer

Heh, didn't expect you to reappear in the thread after saying you didn't like it that much (which is fine; I respect your opinion). I don't really feel a need to defend the show. It is what it is.

Yeah, I'll be doing the Margot Robbie HQ. Halloween is my favorite holiday, so this show couldn't have come at a better time! :)

I still like to lurk =)

Also, I hope you're going with a signature weapon too? Like a Hammer or the Bat.

RedAssedApe

Banned
This is mostly anecdotal, but If word of mouth holds up, I think ratings will definitely increase. Scream Queens has been the topic of the week in my Uni cohort and the largely positive reception has encouraged others to catch the post streams. A friend of mine told me that everyone he works with has been raving about the show and he is going to jump on board, because he doesn't want to miss out.

Edit:

It's probably too early to discuss whether a second season will follow, but it appears Fox have possibly registered and trademarked a follow-up title: "Scream Queens:
Summer Camp
"
. It's a direction I'm sure most of us are expecting Scream Queens to take.

Sounds like it could end up like AHS. Wonder if they'd do the whole thing where they bring back the same actors but they play completely different characters.

Ryan Murphy has said that survivors of each respective season will continue forward into the next season as the same characters, thought might not survive the new death party.

Furthermore, unlike Murphy’s other series “American Horror Story,” there’s no chance of actors returning as different characters.

Zap2it have an interview with Ryan that gives more detail on this, but there are also spoilers revealing how many characters will survive this season. Tread carefully.

MarkusRJR

Loving this show. Hopefully it actually stays good to the end unlike the recent AHS seasons. Also loving that they're only using actors for specific characters and not reusing actors each season as new characters ala AHS.

Also, Nick Jonas. <3

I'm going to guess Curtis gets fired and runs the camp next season.

Robert's dad loses all his money so she has to work at the camp to pay for her last year of college.

Niecy Nash is a camp counselor.

What is the song that plays in the intro credits?

It's fantastic.

These were the songs featured in the first two episodes. I'm not sure if the theme song is on the playlist.

The ’80s-tastic song featured in the credits, “You Belong to Me,” was co-written by “Scream Queens” executive producer Alexis Woodall, musician Heather Heywood (who sings the amazing track) and “Scream Queens” composer Mac Quayle.

I sadly haven't been able to find a legal source, if you have better luck let me know. For the moment, I'm dependant on YouTube and the extended credits. I hope it hits Spotify soon.

Goodstyle

Anyone have theories on who the mastermind is? Mine is as follows:

Gigi is the mastermind, there's just something about her that seems psychopathic and sketchy. The way she instantly wanted to divert Skyler's dad away from the girls seemed fishy, also the fact that something "traumatic" happened to her in the 90's (which was part of the funniest joke of the night, but still suspicious), the fact that she used to be a member of the sorority herself, and there's her bargain basement law degree that screams to me "I'm a suspicious person!". We'll have to wait and see, but I'm hoping it's her because I love Nasim Pedrad's performance.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have theories on who the mastermind is? Mine is as follows:

Gigi is the mastermind, there's just something about her that seems psychopathic and sketchy. The way she instantly wanted to divert Skyler's dad away from the girls seemed fishy, also the fact that something "traumatic" happened to her in the 90's (which was part of the funniest joke of the night, but still suspicious), the fact that she used to be a member of the sorority herself, and there's her bargain basement law degree that screams to me "I'm a suspicious person!". We'll have to wait and see, but I'm hoping it's her because I love Nasim Pedrad's performance.

Someone mentioned that
MYOB is 90s lingo. She sure is kind of suspicious.

obin_gam

Just watched the first two episodes and I'm all in now!

At first I was apprehensible, thoughts like "the hell is this?" and "this is so bad" was going through my mind during the beginning. But at the end of the first episode I was sort of hooked. I like that the humor is cheap and slapsticky, but that it in a way stays above the level of what Scary Movie had at least (mind you I like the first Scary Movie).

I feel like Ash Vs The Evil Dead could have a legitimate competitor in the horror comedy stable of 2015...

Just watched the first two episodes and I'm all in now!

At first I was apprehensible, thoughts like "the hell is this?" and "this is so bad" was going through my mind during the beginning. But at the end of the first episode I was sort of hooked. I like that the humor is cheap and slapsticky, but that it in a way stays above the level of what Scary Movie had at least (mind you I like the first Scary Movie).

I feel like Ash Vs The Evil Dead could have a legitimate competitor in the horror comedy stable of 2015...

This and Ash make my horror-comedy aspect of October complete

I just watched the premiere. It was beyond ridiculous and the pacing was typical Ryan Murphy skip 10 pages ahead and just go with it stuff, but it was still enjoyable.

The casting is what makes it for me. Pretty much all the major characters are well played despite being given some terrible dialogue/direction. Nasim Pedrad, Nick Jones, Emma Roberts and Niecy Nash are particular standouts. Billie Lourd too, her voice and delivery are amazing. I like that they play the obvious camp straight as opposed to trying to be smug about it.

This got a nice ratings bump from 4M to 7.3M with the live plus three days

Good news
Given that this aims at a Younger audience Im not surprised that a lot watch it on catch up rather than as it goes out
It's interesting that they're putting so much emphasis on this now, when the writing has been on the wall for years. This is the way TV is going, so it's nice that they're actually starting to embrace it.

Though some of those quotes... "MySpace", watching during the day? Yeesh.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
updated the OP with the new time

to think, just a few short years ago going head to head with Agents of SHIELD would have mattered ratings-wise.

now with dvrs, abc / fox apps and advertisers getting with the times it's all but irrelevant that they play at the same time.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So excited about another episode. I really hope this doesn't have the AHS problem of getting worse after the first few episodes.

I keep getting confused by people referring to the pilot as two episodes. It keeps making me think that there's an episode out that I haven't seen yet. Doesn't help that I've been thinking about the show and pining for the next episode all week, lol.

My theory is also that
Gigi is the killer, and Boone is the son of the dead sorority sister in '95. Gigi took the boy and raised him herself and now they're both back for revenge

I watched the first two episodes last night, but I'm not sure of what to think. I kind of like it, but the characters are grating and the comedy/cheesy direction is a bit offputting.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I thought this show would be awful with the stunt casting of Ariana and Murphy's track record plus I'm not a horror fan.

I... love it O_O. Great cast and writing. It's like Buffy meets Clueless with gore. This is my favorite new show this season, can't wait for the next ep.

Top Bottom