• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

OmniGamer

Idk guys, everyone is raving about this show in this thread but...I think i'm out after the first two episodes.

The plot seems fine, but it's almost TOO slapstick for my taste. Like the girl dying, then waking up to hit enter, then dying again. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just think of it like the old Simpsons treehouse of horror.

Homer stabs vampire Mr. Burns

Burns screams and dies turns to dust

Homer: "Whew!"

Burns quickly reanimates: "YOU'RE FIRED!"

Dies again

I don't get the beginning of episode 3. What was up with the Red Devil in the supermarket? I don't understand why it was never mentioned again except for the later scene where she mentions her taser was taken away.

I don't get the beginning of episode 3. What was up with the Red Devil in the supermarket? I don't understand why it was never mentioned again except for the later scene where she mentions her taser was taken away.

He was shoplifting. The Red Devil is just a common costume since it's their school mascot. She tased a random guy.

Idk guys, everyone is raving about this show in this thread but...I think i'm out after the first two episodes.

The plot seems fine, but it's almost TOO slapstick for my taste. Like the girl dying, then waking up to hit enter, then dying again. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This part actually made me laugh the most. I love shit like this. There are too few live action cartoons out there these days!

The street scene with the BSB song... it was simply so absurd and amazing.

So now, we know that there's at least 2 Red Devils (and maybe even more!).

Goldrush

The street scene with the BSB song... it was simply so absurd and amazing.

So now, we know that there's at least 2 Red Devils (and maybe even more!).

At this point, I think half the cast will be Red Devils (and the other half will be dead). It will be so absurd that it'll fit perfectly with the show.

At this point, I think half the cast will be Red Devils (and the other half will be dead). It will be so absurd that it'll fit perfectly with the show.

This is most likely what is happening. It's too easy. It's a common outfit and nearly everyone seems to have a grudge.

JeTmAn81

Just started watching episode 1. I think Ms. Bean is going to be the best character on this show.

Edit: Nevermind...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Caught up from Fox's official website, I'm liking it. American Horror Story was already super parodyish in the last couple seasons, might as well fully embrace it. I do hope it doesn't fall into the AHS trap of getting worse as it goes on, but the first three episodes are pretty good for what they are.

I agree with other's assessments a big part of what makes the show work is the actors. They're nailing their roles, and its very entertaining to watch them at work. And each episode so far has been better than the last, hopefully that keeps up and they can beat the 'AHS Curse'.

Phreaker

My theory: the dad is the father of the baby seen in the first episode (which is his daughter) and he is out to get revenge on the frat members for leaving his girlfriend to die after giving birth. He stays close to his daughter so he knows who to target. Not sure how he's related to Jonas brother though, maybe they're gay lovers...

I thought that, but his daughter said she was 18 and that happened 20 years ago. So either she is lying or she is not the baby born in the tub.

Kevin

This show is a ton of fun. Loving it. The absurdity of it all is just plain awesome. I really hope it doesn't get canceled.

SaintZ

I just saw this video: Scream Queens presents: "Chanel-'o-ween".

It is hilarious, specially because of the amount of shade it throws at Taylor Swift.

My favorite things:

"I'd like you to post this all over social media to exploit it for my own gain"

"I hope this severed leg brightens up your trailer park"

This:
chanelgiftdsb8f.gif

And this:
chanelkart6ybrg.gif

BKSmash

I love the cast and writers, but not sure about the show just yet... But I'm sure as hell gonna keep watching it.

She (and all the Chanels) also have "official" Instagram accounts.

EDIT:

Actually, all the characters have IG accounts. Boone even have the annoying #Masc4Masc hastag omg.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Ricker

Denise the security guard lady repeatedly saying Ariana's pics aren't that cute got me good.

Yeah,especially coming from her,she is not so cute herself especially with that ton of makeup lol... ;)

I didnt think this episode was as good or funny like the first 2 but I enjoyed it nonetheless...the night baseball bat fight was hilarious though.

matt360

Oh man that Taylor Swift parody is amazing. Does Murphy have some beef with her? I can't recall ever hearing her songs on Glee, but I didn't see every episode so I could be wrong.

Koriandrr

I just saw the first two eps. For a second there I thought I'll really die from laughing too much. Whatever expectations I had for this show - this was not it. At all. Best comedy ever.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Just watched the latest episode, love the direction this is going, especially that the Red Devil could be anyone
or actually everyone

I just saw this video: Scream Queens presents: "Chanel-'o-ween".

It is hilarious, specially because of the amount of shade it throws at Taylor Swift.

My favorite things:

"I'd like you to post this all over social media to exploit it for my own gain"

"I hope this severed leg brightens up your trailer park"

This:
chanelgiftdsb8f.gif

And this:
chanelkart6ybrg.gif
Hahahaha holy shit this is amazing

SaintZ

Oh man that Taylor Swift parody is amazing. Does Murphy have some beef with her? I can't recall ever hearing her songs on Glee, but I didn't see every episode so I could be wrong.
I think he wanted her to play a character on the show but she declined the offer.

Been watching some 90's teen horror like Scream and I know what you did last summer so I'm as primed for this as you could get I guess, but I watched the trailer and it looks to be mostly comedy and out of date mean girls comedy as well.

Trying to do slasher horror on a network doesn't really work either. Looks like one for the kids.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Been watching some 90's teen horror like Scream and I know what you did last summer so I'm as primed for this as you could get I guess, but I watched the trailer and it looks to be mostly comedy and out of date mean girls comedy as well.

Trying to do slasher horror on a network doesn't really work either. Looks like one for the kids.

You can watch the first few episodes on a few services right now, in the US it's available for anyone to watch from Fox's own website right now if you want to give it a try. GAF's opinion on it is generally glowing for what it is, though takes a bit to warm up to it and it could fall apart, and not for everyone certainly. But it definitely has its moments of genuine laughs.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

they burn a womans face off in an oil fryer in the first episode

try actually watching an episode or two, they're well paced

Top Bottom