• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

Been watching some 90's teen horror like Scream and I know what you did last summer so I'm as primed for this as you could get I guess, but I watched the trailer and it looks to be mostly comedy and out of date mean girls comedy as well.

Trying to do slasher horror on a network doesn't really work either. Looks like one for the kids.

The trailers don't do the show justice. You're welcome to stay losing and ignore this show, but please don't rub it in our faces how superior your tastes are when you haven't even given the show a proper chance yet.

Been watching some 90's teen horror like Scream and I know what you did last summer so I'm as primed for this as you could get I guess, but I watched the trailer and it looks to be mostly comedy and out of date mean girls comedy as well.

Trying to do slasher horror on a network doesn't really work either. Looks like one for the kids.

Pissy-Spacek-Scream-Queens.gif

Yeah, this show won't give you what you're looking for. Slasher horror/comedy in the vein of Scream this ain't. There's zero tension and all the kills and scares are goofy as hell. I'm enjoying some of the comedy, but the show overall is a mess (like every Ryan Murphy show).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The trailers don't do the show justice. You're welcome to stay losing and ignore this show, but please don't rub it in our faces how superior your tastes are when you haven't even given the show a proper chance yet.

hey now half of gaming side is up of people whining over games they haven't played

for some people, that's all they know

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Haunted House

Zayday's stunning announcement triggers a diabolical plan from Chanel; Grace and Pete visit a mysterious woman with a Kappa past; and Hester and Chad grow closer. Meanwhile, Denise continues to search for the Red Devil; and Dean Munsch struggles to keep the university open.

LifeLike

I wasnt sure for the first 2 episodes. Chad is bleeping awesome but what made me love the show is the scene with backstreets back and the baseball bats. It is true that sometimes I dont know who this show is targeting.

It's been suggested that every episode this month is Halloween-themed. Which please me.

Been watching some 90's teen horror like Scream and I know what you did last summer so I'm as primed for this as you could get I guess.

1. Starts off by listing Scream as some sort of genius movie
2. Implies they have not even watched it.
3. "It's for kids"

I think I got a heart attack from all the pretension. I definitely got cut from all those edges.

B-Dex

LOL. This scene. The pumpkin falling and smashing. The music.

Only one death so far. Average of 3 per hour might be going down.

B-Dex

Fapping to tombstones in the graveyard. A damn mess.
Omg Lea Michelle creeping me out.

Nooooooooo she just said that.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Scream Queens is basically a slightly more serious rendition of Scary Movie. It's very entertaining, well-shot, and has some fantastically fun characters to follow. It's not scary, tense or suspensful in the slightest...but it's hilarious and carries a lot of the nineties slasher's soul in it's fabric.

You should check up Scream: The Series, it's much more in tone with what you are looking for. It's a lot more straight-laced, and way more in line with nineties horror.

Goodstyle

Oh GOD DAMMIT! There goes my prime suspect for the Red Devil...

Why'd they have to make Gigi the hag? She would have been the perfect villain for the season.

Another week, another great episode. So funny.

The music choices just keep getting better and better. Belinda Carlisle playing while sexist pigs get demolished? This atheist just died and went to heaven. Y'all can meet me at the Best Buy parking lot.

This show is the closest thing to an absurdist comedy series on TV, extra bonus that it's mixed with horror. Fucking love it.

Still can;t believe how much the quality has gone up since the pilot.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
jesus even thinking about them poking miss bean makes me gag
Another great episode, Coney strapped to the wall like jesus made me laugh so much

Top Bottom