• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I actually enjoyed that. It's far sillier than I had anticipated, but that definitely works in the show's favor. It's like a crazy mix of Heathers and Scream with a heaping dose of Ryan Murphy injected into it. I'm sure it'll all go off the rails (in a bad way) eventually, but here's hoping it'll stay fun for at least a few more weeks.

Also, I was howling at Ariana Grande's death scene - "I'm going to kill you now" "wait whaaaaaat" lmao

Why is she playing Sue Sylvester?

because she's better at it than Jane Lynch.

I thought it was quite entertaining. Now I'm rolling my eyes at the TV critics who are "offended" by the Emma Roberts character(I think one turned it off five minutes in). They gave viewers a normal girl to relate to. The show is not condoning her viewpoints. Get a grip.

CDX

Well, GAF impressions seem to be positive.

I'm now looking forward to watching this tomorrow on Hulu.

kirblar

Fun, but I had to fast forward a bunch to parts I found entertaining. But at last its supposed to be utterly ridiculous popcorn TV.

lol @ Jonas playing a gay guy again.

Sober

I thought it was quite entertaining. Now I'm rolling my eyes at the TV critics who are "offended" by the Emma Roberts character(I think one turned it off five minutes in). They gave viewers a normal girl to relate to. The show is not condoning her viewpoints. Get a grip.
Wasn't sure where the show was really going until Grace showed up to be a normal person but after that it sorta all fell together in a weird Ryan Murphy way.

Well, I guess I might as well keep going if only to see how far they can take this.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Really enjoyed the first two episodes
quite surprised at the hit count being so high already but I guess a hook is needed and there is only so much use you can get out of ariana

I had no idea what to expect with this show, but it was amazing! I was laughing the whole time. I think Chanel and Neckbrace are my favorite, although a case could be made for #3.

I don't particularly like cheesy horror or horror comedy, so I doubt I'll love this, but I PVRed it.

Two hours, though? That's quite an investment.

What the fuck was with
Nick Jonas' literal hard-on for his own brother
? I was flipping through channels and stopped at this part. Fucking creeped me out, and not in a good way.

Everything Ryan Murphy does is an attention grab. I don't even know what to say.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What the fuck was with
? I was flipping through channels and stopped at this part. Fucking creeped me out, and not in a good way.

Everything Ryan Murphy does is an attention grab. I don't even know what to say.

I dont think they mean brother as in blood relative, more like a bro

I dont think they mean brother as in blood relative, more like a bro

I don't know.
They kept saying "bro," like 3 or 4 times. Why else would he be sleeping in the same room as him when they were kids (the whole lightning/penis grab story)? It really came off to me like they were actual brothers and there was some weird incest shit going on.

Granted, I didn't see the full episode, but that's how that scene came off to me.

DrStiles

What the fuck was with

They are both in the same fraternity so they are brothers in that sense not actual siblings.

MisterR

I don't know.
They kept saying "bro," like 3 or 4 times. Why else would he be sleeping in the same room as him when they were kids (the whole lightning/penis grab story)? It really came off to me like they were actual brothers and there was some weird incest shit going on.

Granted, I didn't see the full episode, but that's how that scene came off to me.

They aren't actual brothers. They are frat brothers. They stayed in the same room at the frat house.

DaMan121

So this is just aired on free to air tv down here in Australia and I just accidentally stumbled onto it. Enjoyed it. Second hour was a lot more stronger and I think they got the humour/horror mix right. First hour was out of control and I don think I could have taken a season of that. If they continue to flesh out the characters I might actually feel bad when they die :p Will keep watching.

Phreaker

idc if you use it for masturbation fodder. just keep the ratings high.

<3

Will def keep watching botty! I am not sure the last time I was this excited for a new show. I will probably re-watch the two primer episodes as I think some of the lines slipped by me. I'm also busy asking friends this AM if they watched it and if not WTF is wrong with them.

I don't know.

Not familiar with bro culture?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait this is a dark comedy, not a horror show. I'm kinda fucking loving this o_O

Matt_

Has the extended opening credits sequence been posted? I love it so much! I hope we see a cut with next week's episode. This is totally baseless speculation, but Neckbrace's thumbs up makes me think that she is working with the Red Devil.

watching this made me realise that the actors in this show must have done so much screaming filming this

T.O.P

Banned
Wow this was fun

Also, i have a broner for the guy as well...and those last 5 minutes

7TO7Vak.gif

Personaj

Neo Member
I loved this first episode so much. As usual it's such a colorful and visually pleasing show to watch. The humor was so campy and cheesy too, LOVED it. I'm just scared it'll start sucking like AHS, especially after the mess that was Freak Show.

Rizific

i didnt have high hopes coming in. honestly just wanted to watch because emma. i watched just over half of the episode last night before falling asleep (dead tired) but it was fun and i laughed a few times. set dvr to record whole season.

botty

Banned
This show is great. Rewatching it and a lot of the jokes are missable in a Clueless/Heathers sort of way.

Will def keep watching botty! I am not sure the last time I was this excited for a new show. I will probably re-watch the two primer episodes as I think some of the lines slipped by me. I'm also busy asking friends this AM if they watched it and if not WTF is wrong with them.

<3

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
What bad thing has ever happened at a Best Buy parking lot?

Emma Roberts is shining again in this one. She's the best at playing these kinds of characters.

Still not sure how I felt about this. I'll need to rewatch it soon to be sure.
I think I liked it but am still tentative because Ryan Murphy and also poor Keke Palmer getting stuck in a "wow sassy angry black woman who says funny stuff now isn't that funny haha" role. I hope they develop her more.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
What the fuck was with

Are you serious? How was incest the first thing you landed on when hearing them call each other "bro" on a show based around sorority/fraternity life? They are frat brothers. Guys who are literal brothers do not say call each other bro nearly as much as two frat brothers might.

Snake

I have no doubt that Ryan Murphy will do me wrong after a while, but I enjoyed the premiere without reservations. The main cast and the overall tone are both very appealing. Sad it didn't perform better out of the gate.

Are you serious? How was incest the first thing you landed on when hearing them call each other "bro" on a show based around sorority/fraternity life? They are frat brothers. Guys who are literal brothers do not say call each other bro nearly as much as two frat brothers might.

Totally went over his head, lmao.

This isn't the first or last time Ryan Murphy has played with stereotypes, and it won't be the last. The tone is very Popular-like, which I absolutely adored. Will be watching every Tuesday for sure!

I have no doubt that Ryan Murphy will do me wrong after a while, but I enjoyed the premiere without reservations. The main cast and the overall tone are both very appealing. Sad it didn't perform better out of the gate.

Same here. Fully expect not to see how the show ends but I'll watch it until it gets plain bad.

Grizzo

Well that was on par with every other Ryan Murphy shows, which is to say bad, but enjoyable for some parts. Don't know if I'll stick with it because it's probably gonna get repetitive and annoying after a while.

But Niecy Nash was fantastic in episode 2. Almost felt like watching a good old episode of Reno 911 for a second. Lea Michele's character was also surprisingly good. Keke Palmer got some laughs out of me too.

Emma Roberts doesn't do anything for me though. She's just... bland, even when playing the ever angry ultimate queen bee.

And Nick Jonas... well I can't say much about him, except that he was drop dead gorgeous in it.

Top Bottom