• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

RedAssedApe

Banned
What the fuck was with
Nick Jonas' literal hard-on for his own brother
? I was flipping through channels and stopped at this part. Fucking creeped me out, and not in a good way.

Everything Ryan Murphy does is an attention grab. I don't even know what to say.

pls be joking...although its more funny if you were being serious

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Has the extended opening credits sequence been posted? I love it so much! I hope we see a cut with next week's episode. This is totally baseless speculation, but Neckbrace's thumbs up makes me think that she is working with the Red Devil.

The main title sequence will debut with episode 105 on 10/13.

I really wish the ratings were better. I'm glad we held throughout the 2 hours at least. Hopefully we retain our viewership next Tuesday. I'm curious to see how the repeat does on Thursday. Thanks again to those who gave it a shot, whether you ended up loving it or hating it!

Has the extended opening credits sequence been posted? I love it so much! I hope we see a cut with next week's episode. This is totally baseless speculation, but Neckbrace's thumbs up makes me think that she is working with the Red Devil.

I really wish the ratings were better. I'm glad we held throughout the 2 hours at least. Hopefully we retain our viewership next Tuesday. I'm curious to see how the repeat does on Thursday. Thanks again to those who gave it a shot, whether you ended up loving it or hating it!

Couple of obvious people missing from the title. Hmmm. Seems like something of a spoiler. :p

Forgot to DVR it but iTunes has the full two hours up for free so I wonder if that had any impact? That's how I watched it.

The first episode was extremely entertaining. The black humor, surprising violence, and crazy characters made it for me. It definitely is a love letter to Scream in its storytelling. I wasn't expecting a hour and half episode but I'm glad I watched it.

The first episode was extremely entertaining. The black humor, surprising violence, and crazy characters made it for me. It definitely is a love letter to Scream in its storytelling. I wasn't expecting a hour and half episode but I'm glad I watched it.

I went in completely blind, pretty much just starving for new TV shows. It took me 20 minutes or so before I warmed up to it, but after that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

So this is just aired on free to air tv down here in Australia and I just accidentally stumbled onto it. Enjoyed it. Second hour was a lot more stronger and I think they got the humour/horror mix right. First hour was out of control and I don think I could have taken a season of that. If they continue to flesh out the characters I might actually feel bad when they die :p Will keep watching.

Agreed. First hour was borderline awful. Second hour was awesome. Though I find 1995 parts the most interesting.

I found this extremely entertaining. Everything about it just worked. I really hope it manages to keep up the awesomeness in the remaining episodes. Also, Charisma Carpenter, hell yeah!

Rue

This show instantly became my favorite new series of the season, it just had SO MUCH going for it and I cracked up so hard at just how absurd it was.

This show instantly became my favorite new series of the season, it just had SO MUCH going for it and I cracked up so hard at just how absurd it was.

Yeah agreed.
I am love/hate with Ryan Murphy because when he is on point with parody, he does it great. Luckily it seems to be starting strong. So much better than The Muppets premiere.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
15 episodes.

It's actually 13 episodes and has been so since March. Back in October 2014 we were originally announced as a 15-episode straight-to-series order. It was changed to 13 before we started shooting the pilot yet Fox never publicly announced the episode count change, which is why sites like IMDB still list 15 episodes.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Watched it last night*, and I really enjoyed it!
Everything seemed on point, and I love that the soundtrack was like that of slasher films.

And Emma Roberts <3

* For those in LatAm, Fox will be doing next day broadcast, which is real nice. I doubt they'll keep doing the back-to-back broadcast that they did yesterday though (the thing was on for like 4 hours!)

Associate Producer. Started working on it back in March.
Well, guess that's one more reason to keep watching :D

Just finished.

It appears that Ryan Murphy's penchant for absolutely bonkers pacing remains.

Jesus Christ, dude. Slow your shows down, for chrissakes.

Delio

Man ive been reading around and there is a lot of people slamming the show for being homophobic/sexist/racist. Also mentioning the Satire is still offensive and what not. I guess I just didn't take it super serious?

Caught the repeat of this tonight - I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would, especially since I'm not a big fan of Murphy's other stuff. I think I liked Scream better overall as a horror send-up show, but this is not going for the same tone which makes it its own beast. I'll keep watching for sure.

Plus huge crush on Emma Roberts. I love her so much.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's actually 13 episodes and has been so since March. Back in October 2014 we were originally announced as a 15-episode straight-to-series order. It was changed to 13 before we started shooting the pilot yet Fox never publicly announced the episode count change, which is why sites like IMDB still list 15 episodes.

Oh really? That's weird that they didn't announce the change. Thanks for the heads up!

Enjoyed it so far. Cant wait to see more.

kirblar

Man ive been reading around and there is a lot of people slamming the show for being homophobic/sexist/racist. Also mentioning the Satire is still offensive and what not. I guess I just didn't take it super serious?
...lololol at a Ryan Murphy show being called homophobic.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Why do you lie Ratsky? Does it being you joy?

0kBzzK6.gif

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
taking the show with a grain of sand....but it's pretty shitty imo.

i know its supposed to be a sorority slasher parody....but it's all terrible.

i think my wife is into it a little, so i'll prob catch the next few until her attention fades and her other better shows come out.

Top Bottom