• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Screens from Sticky Balls (PSP)

8bit said:
Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform' us' down I take TCBin, man'.

laugh2.gif

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This would be alot cooler on the DS (touch screen)
Yeah, untill the novelty wears out and you realize that there are no real advantages and it's just more straining oin your hands to control it that way, compared to analog stick. This game in particular does not have realtime interaction with the ball (it's not like SMB or marble madness in that regard) so it's interactive benefit from stylys control would be non-existent.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
seismologist said:
This would be alot cooler on the DS (touch screen)
Lost Weekend said:
I was thinking that, too. I'm glad you said it so I didn't have to :)
Games like this have already played quite well with a number of different input devices over the years (gamepad, mouse, touchscreen), well prior to either the PSP or DS.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Marconelly said:
Yeah, untill the novelty wears out and you realize that there are no real advantages and it's just more straining oin your hands to control it that way, compared to analog stick. This game in particular does not have realtime interaction with the ball (it's not like SMB or marble madness in that regard) so it's interactive benefit from stylys control would be non-existent.
It is a strain on the hand? Glad I have over 25 years of practice from writing long hand.

Seriously, wtf?

Marconelly said:

How does this game play? Do you just tilt the table?
I just think most puzzle games would lend themselves well to touch screen since it gives you faster reflexes, even faster than using a mouse.

seismologist said:
How does this game play? Do you just tilt the table?
I just think most puzzle games would lend themselves well to touch screen since it gives you faster reflexes, even faster than using a mouse.

You take one of the balls and shoot it and try to make it stick to other ones. Mercury is the one where you shift the table around (and it also looks awesome).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What SSX said - the game is basically turn based. You pick the ball, rotate the arrow around it, press the button, and the ball speeds up along the direction of the arrow.

Yes, but also less precision (compared to a mouse or other traditional forms of input, although not necessarily, it really depends what are you using it for though.). The reality of the thing is that it (stylys, I mean) works great for some things but is very awkward for some other things.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Yeah, I just think puzzle games would be one of those things the stylus would be perfectly suited for. (actually, fuck a stylus as I plan on using my finger...I'm guessing it'd be like the difference between manual and automatic)

It's that reason why I can't wait for screens of that new DS puzzle game Nintendo is working on...the one compared to the addictiveness of popping bubble wrap. Enough about that, though.

jarrod

Banned
Lost Weekend said:
Yeah, I just think puzzle games would be one of those things the stylus would be perfectly suited for. (actually, fuck a stylus as I plan on using my finger...I'm guessing it'd be like the difference between manual and automatic).
I think it depends on the game really. It might make something like Puzzle Bobble less straighforward but it'd make something like Chu Chu Rocket even more playable and intuitive. :)

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Marc said:
No, no. I meant, if the T&L is completely fixed function, what do you use that VFPU for? It's a vector FPU, after all :\
It can be used for anything of course - but unlike GPU, VFPU eats away your CPU time.

Top Bottom