• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scuffle in Japan's Upper House as Controversial Military Bill enters Final Vote Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely I don't remember seeing this scuffle anywhere on Japanese TV unless I missed it.

But I guess that is always the way with your own media

Happened around 4pm on the news channels if I remember right, they were doing a live broadcast. Most of the news shows now cut the dogpile out and just have the before and after lol.

Ogimachi

It's not ideal, but it's the right move. Too much history, too much tension and too many potential enemies surrounding Japan for them to try and play Switzerland. That's utopic at best, negligent at worst.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's not ideal, but it's the right move. Too much history, too much tension and too many potential enemies surrounding Japan for them to try and play Switzerland. That's utopic at best, negligent at worst.

it's so strange how the entire japanese political mainstream is utopic and only an ultra right wing war hawk realizes what's obvious to you...

Ezalc

T6ZyODy.gif

Waifu voting time over in the anime threads, gets pretty heated at times.

Ogimachi

Per your link, almost twice as many polled oppose the bill compared to those who support it (54% vs 29%) and 68% consider the bill unnecessary. I don't think it's fair to say that anyone is "pretending" that there is a strong opposition to this bill.
My point is that it's not overwhelming, let alone "the entire political mainstream". It's a simple majority.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
My point is that it's not overwhelming, let alone "the entire political mainstream". It's a simple majority.

Yeah what, that's some pretty blatant misrepresentation . 2:1 difference is pretty overwhelming in many peoples personal dictionaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom