• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

searching for david fincher - awesome director set to direct BOBBY FISCHER biopic

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
via chud, it's called PAWN SACRIFICE

David Fincher sure seems to have fallen for biopics. Variety is reporting that the man is set to direct Pawn Sacrifice, a drama about the life story of chess icon Bobby Fischer. The screenplay by Steven Knight (Dirty Pretty Things) has attracted a lot of big name directors, and Columbia wanted to work with Fincher again after his next film The Social Network (yes, the Facebook flick) so it was a perfect fit.

The film will focus on Fischer's early life and will climax with his famous cold war match against Boris Spassky. That was pretty early in the man's life though, so perhaps this means they will leave off the last few years of his life when he went insane and became a self-hating Jew.

fincher = yay

and i actually think bobby fischer is damn interesting. i'm on board!

. . . 'less they some smart mothafuckin' pawns

wire-bodie-380x237.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
Before Zodiac: Can Fincher pull off a character-oriented film?

After Zodiac: Fuck yes.

This has the potential to be awesome.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
brianjones said:
cant think of anything more boring.

his other upcoming movie sounds lame too
Yup. Complete yawnfests. And then he's apparently likely to do an English adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which sounds to me like a fairly pedestrian thriller.

Fincher should put his skills to real use and finally adapt the Black Hole comics by Charles Burns. Now that would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom