• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Trouble

Banned
Whenever I take a Car 2 Go
(which is a shitty service by the way but they screw up so often they keep giving me ride credits so it's basically free...)
the radio is *always* tuned to KEXP. I wonder if Car 2 Go does that on purpose because they want their cars to seem cool or if KEXP is just totally dominant among the Car 2 Go demographic.

Apparently it remembers what station you were last listening to, hipster.

https://twitter.com/jnymck/status/629748793143984128

Brakke

Banned
wtf

This is some Twilight Zone shit. The whole time I thought me and the person who drove it last were sharing something special. But really... I was both of the people in this scenario.

I'm legit shook right now.

Izayoi

Banned
Deck the Hall Ball (From 1077 The End) is a good time almost every year. Always try to get VIP tickets; End records "End Sessions" of some of the artists in the back area of Key Arena during set changes.
Deck the Hall Ball seems to be the exception. Their regularly scheduling programming is not much to write home about anymore, though.

I listen almost exclusively to 89.5, sometimes KJR.
Gotta listen at night.
My man. This is what's up.

mYm|17|

Anybody going to see Madeon at the Neptune on Sept 14th or 16th?

Going to buy tickets soon. Pretty excited as this will be my first EDM concert

Brakke

Banned
I don't know about Madeon but The Tallest Man on Earth is at the Moore on Friday I grabbed tics today. He's the sweetest, tenderest dude. Definitely worth an evening.

Dante's on Roosevelt in the U District is on fire. Yes, I get the irony. Still sad, it's been there since 1966. Can see and smell the smoke from my house. It's on my running route so I'll be curious to check out the aftermath this evening.

Phthisis

Long term winter forecasts were released today. Predictions for the NW are warmer than average temps, more rain, less snow. Looks like another very poor ski year. Additionally, 2016 is looking to be hotter than this year, along with a continuation of the drought.

Blah. Did not sign up for this. Thinking about moving to Alaska.

Izayoi

Banned
Long term winter forecasts were released today. Predictions for the NW are warmer than average temps, more rain, less snow. Looks like another very poor ski year. Additionally, 2016 is looking to be hotter than this year, along with a continuation of the drought.

Blah. Did not sign up for this. Thinking about moving to Alaska.
The northward march presses on.

I actually moved from Alaska to down here. Trust me, it's not worth it.

(At least not yet.)

watershed

Banned
The PNW is going crazy with this weather. Apparently Portland has had 24 days of 90plus weather. In comparison, Miami historically averages 30 days of 90plus. I forget what number we are at this year but it was on the news last night. It's too damn hot!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The PNW is going crazy with this weather. Apparently Portland has had 24 days of 90plus weather. In comparison, Miami historically averages 30 days of 90plus. I forget what number we are at this year but it was on the news last night. It's too damn hot!

Thank you based Al Gore.

Yeah it's been all kinds of bonkers this year. Even our winter was super dry, from what I remember.

riotous

Banned
I haven't seen any numbers, was it normal in terms of rainfall? Felt like there wasn't even a winter.

IIRC we broke a rainy days in a row record followed by a dry/warm stretch record or something like that.. Followed of course by a record breaking year for heat.

cdyhybrid

It'll really be the apocalypse if this crazy climate brings us an east coast style snowstorm this Winter. People would lose their minds.

I read somewhere that California is due for a lot of rain this winter due to El Nino after the really hot summer, so maybe we'll see some of that make its way up here.

Edit: I guess not:

Will the Pacific Northwest get some drought relief?

One place that probably won’t benefit from this winter’s El Niño is the Northwest. It’ll be another low-snowpack year, putting additional pressure on salmon, hydroelectricity, and ski resorts in the Cascades. Local officials are treating the current “wet drought”—in which rain and high temperatures have replaced snow for many parts of the Northwest—as a possible preview of global warming. Officials in Washington state, for example, are modifying river flows as a last-ditch effort to provide cooler water for migrating salmon. As this year has proved, a dearth of snow has lasting implications for several months—including an increased risk for huge wildfires come summer. Expect more of the same next year.

Izayoi

Banned
my sister bought a season pass, sucks for her.

i was at steven's pass two years ago in feb and it was perfect then
Yeah, the year before last was sublime. I went up over 40 times and had a blast. Even Whistler was shit last winter. Going to have to start going out of the region just to ski, kinda shitty.

Brakke

Banned
Not likely much snow this year. Winter likely to be warmer / drier than usual.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...ason/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.php

off03_temp.gif

off04_temp.gif

Red means "very likely to be warmer than last 30 years' average".

Orange means "likely to have less precipitation than last 30 years' average".

The smoke is worse today than yesterday. Actually smells like a campfire outside.

This whole perpetual state of sunrise is eerie.

E1ihZOcl.jpg

This is from Glacier View campground on Friday...

Top Bottom