• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

mYm|17|

Put an offer in on a townhome in Columbia City on sunday and we lost out. There were a total of 9 bids and we came out 3rd best :'(

It was such a nice townhome and literally was like half a mile from the Columbia City light rail station.

I go back to work on Monday after a great summer break. Took my daughter to Cowen Park, went on a long run and then played Qwirkle and drank sour beers on our patio tonight with my wife and a friend. It was a good day.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Put an offer in on a townhome in Columbia City on sunday and we lost out. There were a total of 9 bids and we came out 3rd best :'(

It was such a nice townhome and literally was like half a mile from the Columbia City light rail station.

Sorry.

But those facts are not unconnected. Housing market is crazy right now and inventory is loooow.

lawnchair

Banned

you should have bid more money

mYm|17|

Had dinner at Hummus Cafe in Greenwood and decided to walk around.
Never really walked around Greenwood before, but it's such a nice neighborhood. Passed by the Flying Bike as well, pretty cool brewery that distantmatra talked about.

Had dinner at Hummus Cafe in Greenwood and decided to walk around.
Never really walked around Greenwood before, but it's such a nice neighborhood. Passed by the Flying Bike as well, pretty cool brewery that distantmatra talked about.

You should have a beer next time. Or join us. It's a co-op!

Played a game of Settlers of Catan with my friends at Holy Mountain with a sandwich from Un Bien. Good times.

mYm|17|

You should have a beer next time. Or join us. It's a co-op!

Played a game of Settlers of Catan with my friends at Holy Mountain with a sandwich from Un Bien. Good times.
What did you think of Un Bien?

I thought their sandwich was alright. Definitely get better value at Bongos imo

lawnchair

Banned
i hiked up to Mount Defiance (out east on I-90, before snoqualmie pass) yesterday, amazing hike, pretty tough for my weak body. 10 miles all together. Kiiiiiiiiiller views for anyone who is into that sort of thing..

The past few times I've had Paseo's, I've definitely felt a drop in quality. I don't know, maybe I'm just spoiled by working in Fremont.

Regardless, I'm stoked to try Un Bien and see how it compares.

I drove past Un Bien last week and saw the line outside. I had no idea it is the restaurant of Paseo's previous owner. I need to do a taste test soon!

mYm|17|

I drove past Un Bien last week and saw the line outside. I had no idea it is the restaurant of Paseo's previous owner. I need to do a taste test soon!

the pork sandwich is still the same as it was at paseo, but it's on a smaller bread which makes it damn hard to eat.

That's funny since when I went to Paseo's a few weeks ago, it felt like the bread was bigger than before and made for easier eating.

Damn so hungry right now.

mYm|17|

That's funny since when I went to Paseo's a few weeks ago, it felt like the bread was bigger than before and made for easier eating.

Damn so hungry right now.

sorry i meant the pork sandwich at un bien is on smaller bread.
their sandwich tastes the same as the old paseo

Wonder if it's named after the crazy ass movie.

Yessir. That, and the band Sleep's album called Holy Mountain.

Holy_Mountain_logo-300x300.jpg

My favorite brewery in the state. I'm there so often that the guys know me... Not sure if that's a good thing...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Now I know what the end of days must feel like. I live off 405 where they shut down the freeway to one lane going north in Bothell/Woodinville and with the wind storms knocking the power out all the traffic lights are fucked. I've never seen so many downed branches and lines of cars in one area. Not to mention the constant sirens and horns going off. I'm literally trapped in my place with no power for who knows how long. Should've went to PAX.

Stinkles

Is this Armageddon? The fuck is going on.

Branches were dry, no gentle wind pruning all summer. Basically a lot of scary matchwood waiting to come down. Giant tree in front of my house just lost a couple of hundred pounds of branches. I scooted my car back a bit. Lost power very briefly and plenty of flickering.

Stinkles

5IHd0qWl.jpg

Never lost power, but my Catalpa tree did some selective self-pruning today. I found branches down the block and across the street.

HAHANOWIKNOWEXACTLYWHEREYOULIVE

Actually was at Lucia last night. THe one by our office in Kirkland is closing ina few months for construction and they recently stopped serving lunch there.

HAHANOWIKNOWEXACTLYWHEREYOULIVE

No worries.

Actually was at Lucia last night. THe one by our office in Kirkland is closing ina few months for construction and they recently stopped serving lunch there.

I went to Lucia last Friday since the wait at The Shelter was 90 minutes. It does not feel like my neighborhood. Good food but the people were a little too fancy/pretty/Eastside for my liking.

riotous

Banned
Shelter still poppin'?

Haven't been there in years.

So tired and sore from PAX. Need someone to push me around in a wheeled hot tub tomorrow.

Shelter still poppin'?

Haven't been there in years.

They opened a new location in Green Lake next to Starbucks, right where Baskin and Robbins used to be. I've never been to the one in Ballard.

Decent taplist, good food and kid friendly. And only a five minute walk from my house. We like it.

Stinkles

No worries.

I went to Lucia last Friday since the wait at The Shelter was 90 minutes. It does not feel like my neighborhood. Good food but the people were a little too fancy/pretty/Eastside for my liking.

It's 100% eastside. Many of the clientele are literally eastsiders, the owner is from Kirkland, the best bartender used to be from Kirkland and it wouldn't be my first choice in Seattle, but we were having dinner with some Corliss folks from a couple of blocks away.However IN Kirkland it makes perfect sense.

It's 100% eastside. Many of the clientele are literally eastsiders, the owner is from Kirkland, the best bartender used to be from Kirkland and it wouldn't be my first choice in Seattle, but we were having dinner with some Corliss folks from a couple of blocks away.However IN Kirkland it makes perfect sense.

I felt so out of place, it really did seem like Eastsiders had come over to the lake to have fun and then stopped in for dinner before driving in circles around my block totally confused how to get back on I-5 so they could go home. It happens all the time.

The one nice thing about Fall and the rain coming is that I get my neighborhood back and the traffic improves.

riotous

Banned
They opened a new location in Green Lake next to Starbucks, right where Baskin and Robbins used to be. I've never been to the one in Ballard.

Decent taplist, good food and kid friendly. And only a five minute walk from my house. We like it.

Ahhh, I've seen that and didn't know what it was.

Stinkles

I felt so out of place, it really did seem like Eastsiders had come over to the lake to have fun and then stopped in for dinner before driving in circles around my block totally confused how to get back on I-5 so they could go home. It happens all the time.

The one nice thing about Fall and the rain coming is that I get my neighborhood back and the traffic improves.

Many's the Seattleite who gets confused there. Hell your house is right next to one of the most fiendish onramps in Washington. "Oh shit I guess we're going downtown!"

Many's the Seattleite who gets confused there. Hell your house is right next to one of the most fiendish onramps in Washington. "Oh shit I guess we're going downtown!"

Heh. People always pull over and ask me how to get on I-5 if I'm out working in the yard. I'm always nice when they ask.

The people I hate are the ones who use the express lane on the southbound 65th I-5 on ramp when the EXPRESS LANE IS CLEARLY CLOSED. So much passive aggressive PNW rage.

mYm|17|

Heh. People always pull over and ask me how to get on I-5 if I'm out working in the yard. I'm always nice when they ask.

The people I hate are the ones who use the express lane on the southbound 65th I-5 on ramp when the EXPRESS LANE IS CLEARLY CLOSED. So much passive aggressive PNW rage.

Ohhhh, I've had trouble finding I-5 near where you live. I totally passed it one day without even realizing it. Ended up going through U-District to get back home to Ballard

Sheesh, apparently a lot of people in shoreline and south of northgate down to ravenna were without power for awhile.

Ohhhh, I've had trouble finding I-5 near where you live. I totally passed it one day without even realizing it. Ended up going through U-District to get back home to Ballard

Huh? Am I missing something? Why you would get on I-5 to get to Ballard? Drive around the lake, up the hill past Woodland Park/Phinney and then down to Market.

mYm|17|

Huh? Am I missing something? Why you would get on I-5 to get to Ballard? Drive around the lake, up the hill past Woodland Park/Phinney and then down to Market.

Yea I got mixed up...lol. I was coming from dropping off a friend in Greenlake and had to go pick up partner in downtown at his office. That's when I passed the on-ramp and went through Ravenna to get back onto I-5 at 50th.

I usually take 65th to Woodlawn to Greenlake Way to get home to Ballard

Yea I got mixed up...lol. I was coming from dropping off a friend in Greenlake and had to go pick up partner in downtown at his office. That's when I passed the on-ramp and went through Ravenna to get back onto I-5 at 50th.

I usually take 65th to Woodlawn to Greenlake Way to get home to Ballard

Ok, that makes sense. :)

jb1234

ummmm........brrrrrrrrrr

it's a little bit chilly today, for me at least

It's weird. This is pretty average weather for the region but I found myself really missing the sun. Thankfully, it'll return later this week with pretty ideal temps.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I was legit seeing people wearing parkas and knit hats during those high 60s days over the past week. Like, where... are you... from?

Top Bottom