• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

riotous

Banned
Their wireless router is terrible unfortunately; I'm hoping I can simply replace it but the tech said I'd have to daisy-chain it.

CenturyLink fiber, all the way up here in the Shoreline burbs:

XoGbEDv.png

Nice. Their data cap doesn't apply to fiber right?

Sumidor

Was in Seattle this last weekend and ate at Terra Plata. It was good, the rooftop patio is beautiful, even though it was a bit chilly. The ribeye was my favorite dish, the risotto was good as well, but way overpriced IMO. Service was a little slow, but overall very nice.

riotous

Banned
My wife is meeting a friend in Federal Way at like 5PM; we live in Shoreline.. I have to go drop her off.

I need a helicopter.

Real talk. I got caught in the downpour twice today.

Left the office to go ACROSS THE STREET to PCC and by the time I cam back I looked like I had fallen in the Fremont canal.

Real talk. I got caught in the downpour twice today.

Left the office to go ACROSS THE STREET to PCC and by the time I cam back I looked like I had fallen in the Fremont canal.

My wife, daughter and I got absolutely soaked walking back from the University farmers market. So I had to change my clothes.

Then a huge chunk of tree fell during the windstorm. Can't believe it missed the house. Went out and sawed it up. Another clothing change.

Three outfits were worn today. Awesome.

dLMN8R

Perk of living in Seattle:

Wife and I tried a CBD truffle. I then proceeded to play Diablo 3 and randomly hit the Whimsyshire for my first time. Then I played Katamari Forever for a while.

It was weird.

jb1234

I do too. I don't miss the heat though. 60 and sunny is perfect.

I'm with Mr. Heretic on this one. Mid-70s and sunny is perfect. It's actually a little irritating we didn't get much of that this summer. I just remember day after day with temps above 80.

cdyhybrid

I'm with Mr. Heretic on this one. Mid-70s and sunny is perfect. It's actually a little irritating we didn't get much of that this summer. I just remember day after day with temps above 80.

Pretty sure my western facing brick apartment is still cooling down from this summer. Real talk.

I'm on the third and top floor of my building. Was taking a cold shower every hour during the summer.

av2k

Am I going to get my bum destroyed if I don't have a degree looking for a job in Seattle? I'm currently a account manager working for a machining company in Houston.

riotous

Banned
Am I going to get my bum destroyed if I don't have a degree looking for a job in Seattle? I'm currently a account manager working for a machining company in Houston.

It's one of the top cities in the nation for percentage of people who have a degree; but there's a ton of jobs specifically tailored for the highly educated as well (to the point that there is a shortage for many sectors.)

I don't think you'll have a problem getting an account manager type job.

av2k

It's one of the top cities in the nation for percentage of people who have a degree; but there's a ton of jobs specifically tailored for the highly educated as well (to the point that there is a shortage for many sectors.)

I don't think you'll have a problem getting an account manager type job.

Ah, glad to hear that. Also, do you guys have gaf bar meet ups or anything of that nature? Thinking I'm going to need new friends once I move. :F

Ah, glad to hear that. Also, do you guys have gaf bar meet ups or anything of that nature? Thinking I'm going to need new friends once I move. :F

I don't think we had one in a while i think luckyboyceo organize that shit.

but by your avatar alone i know we gonna be friends.

dLMN8R

Anyone know if/when the Cinerama will offer preorders for The Force Awakens?

I saw they're doing the 7-movie marathon but I just want to watch the TFA!

I haven't made it out to any of them previously, but I intend to make the next one, especially if it is in fremont or ballard so I can just walk over

We've done Capitol Hill in the past because the location is usually pretty central for most people. With that said, I'd definitely be up for a Fremont/Ballard location this time around if you guys want to mix it up a bit.

Top Bottom