• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

blurrygil

Even on Cap Hill I was a bit iced over.

First time I've had to work a weekend in quite a while. I'd rather be at home playing Xenoblade or FIFA13...

Izayoi

Banned
I'm hardcore, so I drive to work with my windows still iced over and the temperature inside my car well below freezing.

$200

Banned
Hey guys, I'll be moving to Seattle mid Dec. Was previously told that it doesn't normally snow until January. Is it going to be colder this year?

Hey guys, I'll be moving to Seattle mid Dec. Was previously told that it doesn't normally snow until January. Is it going to be colder this year?

This winter got off to a late start. So it's already weird. However it has snowed as early as Thanksgiving in recent years, so who knows. If it does snow it shouldn't interrupt your moving plans, the show isn't a foot deep shutting the whole city down or anything serious like that. At worst, we'll get funny Youtube videos of people sliding down hills in their cars.

Depends on the year. Snow HAS occured in the lowlands as early as october and as late as march. Trouble with Seattle weather in general is that it's quite unpredictable due to the local geography.

This winter got off to a late start. So it's already weird. However it has snowed as early as Thanksgiving in recent years, so who knows. If it does snow it shouldn't interrupt your moving plans, the show isn't a foot deep shutting the whole city down or anything serious like that. At worst, we'll get funny Youtube videos of people sliding down hills in their cars.
Indeed. Snow in Seattle is rarely deep, but it's often wet and slippery. The hilly terrain does not help either.

$200

Banned

Depends on the year. Snow HAS occured in the lowlands as early as october and as late as march. Trouble with Seattle weather in general is that it's quite unpredictable due to the local geography.

Indeed. Snow in Seattle is rarely deep, but it's often wet and slippery. The hilly terrain does not help either.

Thanks guys. I'm actually not as worried about the snow itself as the low temperature; having never lived in a cold place.

Thanks guys. I'm actually not as worried about the snow itself as the low temperature; having never lived in a cold place.
Where are you from? It's not that cold compared to say, New England, but it's a bit chillier than the rest of the West Coast, for example.

Australia. Never in my life have I seen snow :p
Whoa, big change! Well, as far as snowy locales go, Seattle is definitely on the milder end of the scale. We don't get that much and it doesn't get terribly cold, though the city tends to freak out and shut down when snow falls because it doesn't have the infrastructure to deal with it.

We definitely don't get much snow, but we freak out over the little that we do get. A couple years ago when we got snow right before Thanksgiving, it took me 10 hours to get from work in Auburn to my home in Greenlake on I-5 (roughly 30 miles).

jb1234

As the others have pointed out, our weather is highly variable. Snow could start in November or we might not have any at all in a winter season. And if we're unlikely, we get more than a few inches and the entire city shuts down. Hills+snow=no viable transportation.

coldvein

Banned
Australia. Never in my life have I seen snow :p

are you sadsic are do you guys just have the same avatar? either way, welcome to seattle town!

i've been eating some delicious things this weekend, people.. went to cafe presse on 12th last night, got a salad, pork rilettes, a steak and fries .. wonderful. then for lunch today ate at some barbecue/fried chicken spot on rainier.. willie's i think. also amazing.

are you sadsic are do you guys just have the same avatar? either way, welcome to seattle town!

i've been eating some delicious things this weekend, people.. went to cafe presse on 12th last night, got a salad, pork rilettes, a steak and fries .. wonderful. then for lunch today ate at some barbecue/fried chicken spot on rainier.. willie's i think. also amazing.

Willie's has Heaven Sent Fried Chicken, which is Ezell, formerly of Ezell's Fried Chicken.

someday

Banned

I've had willie's bbq once and it was good. But for amazing bbq go a few more blocks south on Rainier and hit Jones' BBQ in Columbia City. My god, it's heavenly.

Concept17

Seattle-gaf...

I've been attempting to relocate to Seattle for a number of years now, but have not been able to. I shall be there by this next summer. For sure.

Thats all.

Trouble

Banned
Speaking of fried chicken. Went to Ma'ono last weekend for the first time and holy crap. Easily the best fried chicken I've had in Seattle. It's not spicy at all, but they have sauces. Pricey as hell ($38 for a whole chicken, 10 pieces), but worth it.

element

Speaking of fried chicken. Went to Ma'ono last weekend for the first time and holy crap. Easily the best fried chicken I've had in Seattle. It's not spicy at all, but they have sauces. Pricey as hell ($38 for a whole chicken, 10 pieces), but worth it.
holy shit! that place looks awesome!!

Looks good but the fact that it's in West Seattle means I'll never go there. I'll stick with my Ezell's.

Oh wow. That's the place that used to be Spring Hill. I'll have to check it out sometime.

blurrygil

Presse is brilliant for a quick nosh and footy. Love that place.

Willie's has Heaven Sent Fried Chicken, which is Ezell, formerly of Ezell's Fried Chicken.

Willie's is terrible for BBQ, however. Never had their chicken. But sounds like it's not theirs?

Ezell's is the worldwide standard for me.

Also, Philly Fevre in the Central District is legit cheesesteaks.

THIS.

It's been years (since the old Philly Steak Out in Westlake) I've been able to find a PROPER cheesesteak in this town. Fevre comes about as close as PSO ever did.

Yeah, been there. Not the best (opinion) and expensive as hell.

i need to get to ma'ono one of these days .. their loco moco looks bombz.

Then you're missing out on Cheeky Cafe!!!!

Willie's is terrible for BBQ, however. Never had their chicken. But sounds like it's not theirs?

I've never been to Willie's, just noticed the Heaven Sent sign in the window while heading to my friend's place in Seward Park. Heaven Sent is actually a separate chain owned by Ezell, the original founder of Ezell's Friend Chicken. It's the exact same recipe, they just have to call it something else due to a legal settlement.

Top Bottom