• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Wolfe

Hipster bikers were still in the wrong.

The wrong of riding on the sidewalk is still very minor (to me) compared to hurling glass bottles and taking swings at people.

Riding on the sidewalk is still a dick move and they should have been in the street though.

The wrong of riding on the sidewalk is still very minor (to me) compared to hurling glass bottles and taking swings at people.

Riding on the sidewalk is still a dick move and they should have been in the street though.

It's a total dick move that drives me nuts, but it's legal.

Was in Seattle over the weekend (I'm in Vancouver, Canada).
I was walking around downtown on Pike Street.

- A couple bearded, flannel-wearing hipsters were riding their bikes very fast on the sidewalk.
- They narrowly avoided a group of guys.
- One of the guys turns around, yells, and throws a glass bottle at one of the hipster bikers.
- Glass bottle misses the hipster biker and shatters on the sidewalk.
- Hipster stops.
- One of the guys approaches the hipster and takes a swing at him.
- Hipster picks up his hipster bikes and hulk smashes it over the guy's head.
- Guy backs off.
- Hipster calls him a "pussy".
- Hipsters ride off into the night.

B++++ pretty good show would visit again

This just about sums up my daily walk home from work. Saw a latino brawl just last Thursday outside the Hard Rock.

coldvein

Banned
tbh i ride my bike on the sidewalk every day, just because broadway has been torn up for the last year and there's really no room for bikes on the street. i try to be as considerate of pedestrians as possible...

zerotol

Banned
The OK Hotel was my favorite venue in Seattle. It was down by the piers. It doesn't exist anymore but it was great. An all ages club with bands playing all the time.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

It is perfectly legal to ride a bike on a sidewalk in Seattle. It is not however safe or right for two people to ride two bikes at high speed in downtown on the sidewalk (according to the story) so fuck they couch.

The reason I hate this kind of cyclist is because their behavior encourages aggro drivers to treat the rest of us cyclists like shit. I would not have thrown a bottle at them, I would have fucking clotheslined them.

dLMN8R

Any good bars/clubs in downtown Bellevue?

Just moved to Bellevue and I don't really know any good places here yet.

Downtown Bellevue isn't the best place for nightlife. However, I've had fun going to Piano Bash with some friends a few times, and Black Bottle is excellent - both for food and drinks.

Yeah downtown Bellevue is more of a "groups of people going to bar-like Restaurants" place.

If you head up to Kirkland there is a modest club scene.

Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to go anywhere near Bellevue square for the next month or so. (post-thanksgiving)

I don't know, I guess I was just curious about good (i.e. fun/enjoyable/not bad) places to go after work.

Ixian

If anyone's looking for a Wii U, it seems like the Best Buy on 120th in Bellevue has a bunch. Also people lining up for Black Friday already?!

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
If anyone's looking for a Wii U, it seems like the Best Buy on 120th in Bellevue has a bunch. Also people lining up for Black Friday already?!
No way, you're not just looking at online inventory, right? Or did you see them behind glass? Deluxe?

Ixian

No way, you're not just looking at online inventory, right? Or did you see them behind glass? Deluxe?
I was just there picking up a mouse. They had Basic models sitting out on the shelf as normal, and Deluxe models sitting in front of the register in the games area -- no idea if the deluxe were for sale.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
What? I was there 2 days ago buying an iPad and didn't see any. Now I don't know if I should run and get a WiiU. Hmmmmm.

Amazon.com has failed to ship me NSMB2, Zombi-U and my pro controller. Ordered on September 21st, and it was all supposed to come last week. Got a shipping notice yesterday claiming I'd get them today.. but havcen't seen FedEx yet.. and the FedEx site lists November 24th as my expected arrival date.

I ordered the system from GameStop and got it on Monday as expected.

What a joke.. annoyed. I could go for a short walk and buy these games right now but I don't want to have to return them.

Killing my confidence in amazon.com, my go to video game buying location.. especially considering Amazon Fresh delivers here so I normally get everything on release day, even a Sunday.

Oh and the Wii-U is kind of a huge piece of shit IMO.. the thing is so slow to load even the simplest menu.. the touch screen is dogshit... and the one game I did get? Scribblenauts Unlimited.. which is a DS game they sold me for $60. The entire game takes place on the gamepad and there's no reason to use the TV.. trying to use your TV is awkaward at best with this game.

Color me dissapointed.. here's to hoping the other games are decent, and that developers avoid that stylus friendly crap screen like the plague.

rando14

Amazon.com has failed to ship me NSMB2, Zombi-U and my pro controller. Ordered on September 21st, and it was all supposed to come last week. Got a shipping notice yesterday claiming I'd get them today.. but havcen't seen FedEx yet.. and the FedEx site lists November 24th as my expected arrival date.

I ordered the system from GameStop and got it on Monday as expected.

What a joke.. annoyed. I could go for a short walk and buy these games right now but I don't want to have to return them.

Killing my confidence in amazon.com, my go to video game buying location.. especially considering Amazon Fresh delivers here so I normally get everything on release day, even a Sunday.

Oh and the Wii-U is kind of a huge piece of shit IMO.. the thing is so slow to load even the simplest menu.. the touch screen is dogshit... and the one game I did get? Scribblenauts Unlimited.. which is a DS game they sold me for $60. The entire game takes place on the gamepad and there's no reason to use the TV.. trying to use your TV is awkaward at best with this game.

Color me dissapointed.. here's to hoping the other games are decent, and that developers avoid that stylus friendly crap screen like the plague.

Amazon usually has excellent customer service, I'm sure if you talk to them they could hook you up with something.

soco

Are there any Chinese takeout places open on Thanksgiving? I can't find any specific listings.

There will be quite a few places all around that are open. There was an Indian place at Northgate that was gonna do a special meal/buffet, and I've been out on Christmas at some place on Broadway.

coldvein

Banned
Are there any Chinese takeout places open on Thanksgiving? I can't find any specific listings.

i've probably mentioned it in here before, but have you been to kau kau? in the id. great food imo. not sure if they're open tomorrow or not but it'd be worth checking out.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
i've probably mentioned it in here before, but have you been to kau kau? in the id. great food imo. not sure if they're open tomorrow or not but it'd be worth checking out.

That does sound good, but it'll have to wait for another time. I'm hoping to find a place nearby that might deliver or is at least within walking distance because I have to work on a nutrition project/paper for school and it's going to take me literally all day, if not longer.

Amazon usually has excellent customer service, I'm sure if you talk to them they could hook you up with something.

Yup. Amazon is the best. Send them an email.

Yeah I did.

They gave me a $15.00 credit, but I otherwise am not happy with the response.

Which was basically: "You pre-ordered too early, so your order got associated with a supplier that didn't get the product out in time. Your order isn't automatically "upgraded" to release day deliver."

They then worded their response as though the issue was me getting the game 3 days after the "expected delivery date."

Not really happy with that, they should recognize that it's an issue with their system that needs fixed, and that, in fact, I'm getting the order 8 days late. For a product I could easily acquire at retail. I live within a few miles of several locations (and across the street from a Sears) that probably has the 2 games in stock.

It's just sort of crazy.. why would someone pre-order something 2 months in advance unless they were expecting the product on or near it's release date? How can amazon.com be having so much trouble supplying me the product? And the fact that if I'd ordered a few days LATER I'd have received it on time?

Not sure if I'll respond again, but just a pro tip for the future:

DO NOT pre-order anything from amazon.com if the "guaranteed release day delivery" option doesn't appear. Even if it says "Ships and sold from amazon.com", what that really means is "We list things for pre-orders and we might be hooking you up with a crappy supplier that isn't worried whatsoever about getting you the product in a timely fashion."

/1st world problems for sure, but still annoying. Amazon.com failing to outdo not only local retail, but every other online retailer.. at videogame pre-orders.. something they advertise themselves as being reliable on.

rando14

Yeah I did.

They gave me a $15.00 credit, but I otherwise am not happy with the response.

Which was basically: "You pre-ordered too early, so your order got associated with a supplier that didn't get the product out in time. Your order isn't automatically "upgraded" to release day deliver."

They then worded their response as though the issue was me getting the game 3 days after the "expected delivery date."

Not really happy with that, they should recognize that it's an issue with their system that needs fixed, and that, in fact, I'm getting the order 8 days late. For a product I could easily acquire at retail. I live within a few miles of several locations (and across the street from a Sears) that probably has the 2 games in stock.

It's just sort of crazy.. why would someone pre-order something 2 months in advance unless they were expecting the product on or near it's release date? How can amazon.com be having so much trouble supplying me the product? And the fact that if I'd ordered a few days LATER I'd have received it on time?

Not sure if I'll respond again, but just a pro tip for the future:

DO NOT pre-order anything from amazon.com if the "guaranteed release day delivery" option doesn't appear. Even if it says "Ships and sold from amazon.com", what that really means is "We list things for pre-orders and we might be hooking you up with a crappy supplier that isn't worried whatsoever about getting you the product in a timely fashion."

/1st world problems for sure, but still annoying. Amazon.com failing to outdo not only local retail, but every other online retailer.. at videogame pre-orders.. something they advertise themselves as being reliable on.

Sorry to hear that, sucks man.

--

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Anyone doing the crazy Black Friday shit? I don't think I have the energy this year.

Top Bottom