• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

dubc35

I don't know who Katt Williams is but he's been doing work here in Seattle the last couple days.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today...illiams-kicked-out-of-south-lake-union-hotel/
The last few days Micah “Katt” Williams has spent in Seattle have already been interesting: He didn’t show up for a Thursday night stand-up routine at the Paramount Theatre, he allegedly threatened people at a sports bar, his tour manager Suge Knight posted bail for him at a King County Jail according to TMZ.com, and he’s got a Thursday court date.

But Williams isn’t done making his Seattle visit interesting: The Courtyard Seattle Downtown Lake Union Marriott kicked Williams out Monday night.

A hotel employee said he was kicked out because several second-floor guests complained about the stench of marijuana coming from his room. The employee said it also smelled like he was burning incense along with it, and several people on the floor complained the smell was entering their rooms.

“It’s bad,” the employee said. “After cleaning and opening windows, it still smells.”

After being kicked out of the hotel, Williams told KOMO that he’s retiring from stand-up comedy.

He also told the news station that he wanted to make a $301,000 cash offer for the Washington State Ferry Rhododendron–which was put up for auction last month–so he, his family and staff had a place to stay until his Thursday court date.

“If they will accept our bid… I will take me and my whole staff on that boat because I still have a court date four days from now and can’t leave and I’ve been kicked out of four hotels in two days …,” he told KOMO.

blurrygil

I've been studying up on everything this past weekend about him, including reading the actual officers report from his arrest Saturday night. Hysterical. The man needs to control himself. He's spiraling right out of his career if he keeps up...

master15

Hello Seattle GAF,

I will be venturing from Vancouver stateside this weekend with GF to do a little shopping and sight-seeing.

Looking for good restaurant recommendations and any exciting events happening this upcoming weekend we should be aware of.

cdyhybrid

Hello Seattle GAF,

I will be venturing from Vancouver stateside this weekend with GF to do a little shopping and sight-seeing.

Looking for good restaurant recommendations and any exciting events happening this upcoming weekend we should be aware of.

What kind of food are you looking for?

coldvein

Banned
Finally arrived Seattle (Bellevue technically) last weekend. Hi everyone :)

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps we will meet at the next seattle gaf meet. when is that happening anyway people. i just finished my finals lets party and get crunk chicka chicka

How about we set the tentative date for the next Seattle-GAF meet-up somewhere around the first week of January. Perhaps Friday, January 4th? Or the 5th? Somewhere around that weekend maybe? Just trying to get the ball rolling here.

Welcome. I hope you brought more than $200 if you're in Bellevue.
Lol.

Hah, it's funny you mention dicks brewing, I was at chop suey with a friend a couple years ago and we saw their stuff on tap. We both grew up in Lewis county (and met at centralia college) so it was kind of a trip to see that. It's all we drank for the remainder of the night.

I kind of want to go back there (pe ell wa) just to see what's up but I don't know, heh

Hah, it's funny you mention dicks brewing, I was at chop suey with a friend a couple years ago and we saw their stuff on tap. We both grew up in Lewis county (and met at centralia college) so it was kind of a trip to see that. It's all we drank for the remainder of the night.

I kind of want to go back there (pe ell wa) just to see what's up but I don't know, heh

You can get Dick's pretty much everywhere in the Greater Seattle area.

Very cool.. so... late. I live in Shoreline, but "Northgate" is promising.

And I don't think the "Google Fiber thing" was anything but a failed attempt by the mayor to get Google to test here.

tjohn86

Yeah I haven't seen anything related to Google Fiber in Seattle.

Any progress on the Comcast monopoly around here is great though.

coldvein

Banned
there's something magical about five guys, all you have to do is mention its name and people with throw out some type of anti five guys argument! people so quick to get all gaf burger warz haaaa.

i know there are better burgers in the world, many of them available near me. but each burger is special and delicious and five guys provides a good one. i'd be stoked to have a five guys in my neighborhood.

for the record i haven't eaten at this fatburger, where is it?

Trouble

Banned
there's something magical about five guys, all you have to do is mention its name and people with throw out some type of anti five guys argument! people so quick to get all gaf burger warz haaaa.

i know there are better burgers in the world, many of them available near me. but each burger is special and delicious and five guys provides a good one. i'd be stoked to have a five guys in my neighborhood.

for the record i haven't eaten at this fatburger, where is it?

There's on in Bellevue, I think. It's alright, I think dicks is better for a fast-food joint style burger.

Top Bottom