• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

gryz

Banned
This is going to hurt when I move up to Seattle in a few days. The Mexican food in SoCal is outstanding and I'm going to miss it : /

people will probably recommend a bunch of trendy "authentic" (but not really) BS to you, IMO Memo's on University provides the most authentic socal/arizona shitty but awesome 24 hour burrito shop experience.

kiryogi

Banned
The best pizza in Seattle was Zagi's in Ballard. I used to live right by it.

RIP.

My wife has. She said it was ok, but not as good as Japadog up in Vancouver.

Actually, Id argue that if you're looking for some really awesome deep dish, Kylie's in Fremont is amaaaazing.

people will probably recommend a bunch of trendy "authentic" (but not really) BS to you, IMO Memo's on University provides the most authentic socal/arizona shitty but awesome 24 hour burrito shop experience.

I've always found it weird that there is a Memo's up by the airport off Kent-Des Moines Road.

Ixian

I too was a DigiPen student years ago (fuck I feel old now)! Cool to see so many of you guys around here. Hopefully the students have gotten better at hygiene since then (yeah right).

Paseo is overrated. been wanting to get this off my chest for a while

3Ws1C.gif

GrizzNKev

Banned
I too was a DigiPen student years ago (fuck I feel old now)! Cool to see so many of you guys around here. Hopefully the students have gotten better at hygiene since then (yeah right).

nooooooope

lol

I know several people who do not shower daily and they smell really bad.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade

When were you there? I was there from 2002(?) to 2006 I think?

gryz

Banned
it's ok, but it's not very hard to make a sandwich with bunch of pork and mayonnaise taste good. it's all artificially designed to create the image of a run down hole in the wall shack for eastside yuppies who want to pretend they are "slumming" it's dumb that they create false scarcity for the bread etc.. maybe if you run out of bread every day you should make a little more next time. I live nearby so I've only ever eaten there when the line is short, I think everyone waits in line for 3 hours then tells themselves it was the best sandwich of all time, or else the whole waiting in line for 3 hours would seem kinda dumb.

I think the sandwiches down the street at royal grinders are just as good if not better, and they actually are put together with care so you can eat them without them exploding into a huge mess.

I'll agree that waiting 3 hours for a sandwich is crazytown, and running out of bread sucks, but the sandwiches are amazing. The scallop sandwiches are fantastic and an example of something you just don't slap together, you have to know what you're doing.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Well I'm gonna get Jimmy John's today, right guys?

Guys?

Guys?

There is a place for Jimmy Johns. It is better than Subway at least. And if you like bad salty but hearty subs, I am a massive proponent of Sarduccis, but I make no claims of quality, just caloric satisfaction.

coldvein

Banned
I'm all for drunk food, but Dick's isn't good drunk food. Good food when you're high perhaps, which probably explains Seattle's infatuation with it.

you're killing me LiveWire.

i eat dicks sober ALL THE TIME. two deluxe and a shake, yes please. shit is delicious.

Chichikov

I ate many many things I'm not proud of, and I will never judge anyone for what they put in their mouth when they're drunk, but damn, there are just vastly superior options all around Dick's.

GG-Duo

One more week in Seattle, and I've been so busy that I haven't really done anything touristy.

Walked around Ballard for a bit, though. It was basically pure luck that I ended up there. It reminds me of Gastown in Vancouver.

Paseo is overrated. been wanting to get this off my chest for a while

AriGoldGTFO.gif

If you're going to line up for a sandwich...

Every time I go there, I end up spending an extra $50 buying cured meats to stock my fridge for the next few weeks. It never lasts nearly that long.

I ate many many things I'm not proud of, and I will never judge anyone for what they put in their mouth when they're drunk, but damn, there are just vastly superior options all around Dick's.

The best was Tacos Gringos up in Capital Hill. They were even awesome sober. So bummed they closed down.

Top Bottom