• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Holy shit I just noticed my posts are a different color than the others. Thought this was only on mobile. I am color blind mind you, or is this new?

d+pad

Sorry to barge in here and bring the conversation back to food, but the hubs and I (and a friend) are going to try Ballard's El Camion (the actual restaurant, not the truck version down the street) for dinner tonight. Any recommendations from those of you who've been there before? I'm strongly considering the gorditas at the moment, but I'm open to suggestions :)

dubc35

Summer!
It will probably end up raining Tue and Wed

ss_zps0c81db52.png

gryz

Banned
That's what I've heard, but I like Pitfall billboard along 99 in SoDo.

haha the billboards were way cooler than the actual exhibit, I also think they probably took more effort to set up. EMP has been pretty disappointing ever since they scaled back the sci fi section.

A couple years ago my wife and I chaperoned prom at EMP for one of the high schools I work at. We had the entire museum available to us for the night, which was actually really cool.

Towser

Neo Member
I'm in Seattle from the 6th - 14th April.

What are the good eateries - I'm thinking Seafood/Burgers

What are the few must see/do things to do in your wonderful city. I'm a huge grunge fan so was wanting to do the typical touristy tour thing (unless there's a better alternative).

Thanks in advance!

cdyhybrid

What are the few must see/do things to do in your wonderful city. I'm a huge grunge fan so was wanting to do the typical touristy tour thing (unless there's a better alternative).

Thanks in advance!

Red Mill for burgers. There are a bunch of restaurant recommendations up the page. Not really a seafood guy so I can't really recommend anything there.

Is there a comic shop in Capitol Hill? There's Comic Stop next to The Neptune on 45th, and The Dreaming further north on The Ave with the sweet "Godzilla fighting Cthulu in Seattle" mural in the window.

Dreaming+Comics+%26+Games

Thanks in advance!

Burgers: Uneeda Burger in Fremont, Steelhead Diner downtown (get the burger with poutine), Quinn's in Capitol Hill, Skillet Diner in Capitol Hill or their various trailers around town.

Do you like beer?

dubc35

bit of an odd question .. but wheres a good comicbook shop round here? cap hill preferred but i can go anywhere.

lol, reminded me of a comic shop in the U district. I'm not sure if it is still there, was on 43rd between the Ave and Brooklyn, I think. I used to walk by it all the time. It was open from like 11a-2pm, Mon-Wed or something ridiculous like that, lol.

Thanks in advance!
Since you're into grunge, go get a few drinks at The Central Saloon. It's the city's oldest tavern and also where Nirvana used to do shows before they got super big. I believe it was the first place they played under the name "Nirvana" actually.

lol, reminded me of a comic shop in the U district. I'm not sure if it is still there, was on 43rd between the Ave and Brooklyn, I think. I used to walk by it all the time. It was open from like 11a-2pm, Mon-Wed or something ridiculous like that, lol.

You talking about The Comic Book Club? Wasn't there very long, but it leaned heavily towards Japanese/Chinese manga rentals.

edit: I know which one you're talking about. They closed a while back. Had crazy store hours.

Thanks in advance!

take a drive out to aberdeen

OV9oIEQ.jpg

dubc35

You talking about The Comic Book Club? Wasn't there very long, but it leaned heavily towards Japanese/Chinese manga rentals.

I don't recall the name. It was there ~2001. I was mistaken, it was on 42nd. I think here. I never went in there, not into comics, but my roommate and I would always joke about how it could stay in business with those hours.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
bit of an odd question .. but wheres a good comicbook shop round here? cap hill preferred but i can go anywhere.

There is also another one on 45th, around 1st Ave, opposite the Hawaiiana store and next to the Accordion store. As you can imagine, this is a very highly trafficked set of stores.

Rommel

Former Eastsider here (Woodinville). I'm looking to get back into the Seattle area after I finish up school, how is the job market looking out there? I really need to get my Safeco Field fix =)

soco

Thanks in advance!

Tavern Law on 12th has my favorite burger on the hill. Smith's burger is pretty good usually too, plus their poutine is good.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I hope more on the good side! Going to be dropping applications all over the place out there starting in the September.

What kind of job will you be looking for? I can attest that software companies are here are hiring like mad.

Rommel

What kind of job will you be looking for? I can attest that software companies are here are hiring like mad.

I'm open but my background is in banking and consulting. I'd love to get on with a tech company in a strategy or marketing role. Currently in a full-time MBA program.

Top Bottom